PSH RIP

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

PSH RIP

Post by itch »

Phillip Seymor Hoffman has died of a drug overdose.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 6816292059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-------------------------------------
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Re: PSH RIP

Post by ObSoLeTe »

pretty sad news :(

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

No big loss
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Sad news...for his heroin dealer.
Magnolia will forever be one of my all time favourite films.
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

haha Cletus sums it up.

I feel bad for his partner, kids and his dealer. The man himself? No big loss when you have the world at your feet and die with a needle in your arm.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:haha Cletus sums it up.

I feel bad for his partner, kids and his dealer. The man himself? No big loss when you have the world at your feet and die with a needle in your arm.
Fairly harsh way to look at things I'd say Candy. Guy was obviously addicted and it's extremely hard to lose that addiction. I do feel bad for his partner and kids but to say it wasn't a big loss because of the way he died is in poor taste IMO.
Anyway, sad loss and honestly we lost one of the great actors of the modern era. Thoughts go to his family and friends. Tragic.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

No sympathy here either. He's had a better life than most and he pissed it away. How could you be jabbing yourself with needles when you have kids? What a selfish shitcunt.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I was pretty devo'd when I read this morning.

He was a beautiful man.

Heroin really needs to be regulated for quality control.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:No sympathy here either. He's had a better life than most and he pissed it away. How could you be jabbing yourself with needles when you have kids? What a selfish shitcunt.
100% correct. Nothing harsh about it at all. Shitcunt dies in shitcunt manner. Appropriate.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm on team harsh. Shitcunt was meant to pick up his kids. Got on the nod first and died. Shitcunt.
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Madmya wrote:No sympathy here either. He's had a better life than most and he pissed it away. How could you be jabbing yourself with needles when you have kids? What a selfish shitcunt.
We don't know him and there's more to happiness than material possessions and net worth. Itch is correct, decriminalise and regulate recreational drugs.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Will that really help? Look at how many people drink way too much (to the point of death) despite it being 'regulated'?

Heroin is not on the same scale as alcohol. Not all drugs are created equal.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah it's absolute bullshit. Regulation may prevent deaths related to bad batches of the drug, but you'll get more from overdose. Heroine is a drug that you never want to be legal and available to the community.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

On the side of the bottle it says '1.6 standard drinks' just so Joe knows he can have 2 in the first hour, 1 in the second. And still drive home!

A fine actor though? Fuckit let him get a random strength of heroin, that'll learn him.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It also says a maximum of 2 cans of red bull per day.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Drug use is it's own deterrent. It's the reward and punishment all rolled into one.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

mech wrote:Will that really help? Look at how many people drink way too much (to the point of death) despite it being 'regulated'?

Binge users are binge users. Alcohol regulation means the concentration of drinks consumed is known (spiking notwithstanding). I doubt PSH was looking to check out. Functioning heroin addict/user who loaded up his usual dose and died due to an unexpected concentration. That wouldn't happen with regulation.

Madmya methamphetamine is a more prevalent destroyer of people than herion these days.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Yeah fuck this guy, I know he had an addiction but you get that shit sorted, and there is no better motivation than having beautiful young kids... Now they don't have a dad.

and what will happen to the hunger games 3? He had a big part to play, and 2 managed to hook me.
cunt!!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I didn't know that and I wouldn't have expected it either. It doesn't clear up my perception of heroin though. I firmly believe there'd be more deaths if heroin were freely available though. People can't manage their alcohol, what makes people think they'd suddenly manage their heroin dose?

:lol: @ Jizz.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

jizzlobber wrote:Yeah fuck this guy, I know he had an addiction but you get that shit sorted, and there is no better motivation than having beautiful young kids... Now they don't have a dad.

and what will happen to the hunger games 3? He had a big part to play, and 2 managed to hook me.
cunt!!
Nailed it. Shitcunt is shitdead, feel bad for the family but not for the shitcunt.
Last edited by Candy Arse on 03 Feb 2014 05:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mech

Post by mech »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
mech wrote:Will that really help? Look at how many people drink way too much (to the point of death) despite it being 'regulated'?

Binge users are binge users. Alcohol regulation means the concentration of drinks consumed is known (spiking notwithstanding). I doubt PSH was looking to check out. Functioning heroin addict/user who loaded up his usual dose and died due to an unexpected concentration. That wouldn't happen with regulation.

Madmya methamphetamine is a more prevalent destroyer of people than herion these days.
If only we had regulated heroin and made it more available to people so this one guy didn't die.

Do you think we should regulate meth as well or as long as something is recreational it's fine?

I am skeptical it was as simple as 'this is the exact amount of heroin I like, this will not kill me'. Like most people, I enjoy altering my brain chemistry, and I also know that sometimes exuberance or misjudging the situation gets the better of you. Heroin seems to be something that is particularly easy to misjudge or get fucked by; surely even more of a reason not to allow it.

We can't even sell panadeine over the counter without people abusing it, what hope does heroin have as a legal or semi-legal drug?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

It was prescription oxycontin (time release heroin) that revived his habit. That's regulated. Why do they put the MG amount on the blister pack?

Alcohol's the only thing that needs regulating.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You can have a big night or a big week on alcohol and come out of it not addicted. I am certain the same can't be said for heroin.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I am!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Really? So it's not stupidly addictive? That's just the impression I was under, you and pep seem a lot more well versed in the drugs scene than I am.