Fifa world cup Brazil 2014 hype! NSFW now, use caution

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Fifa world cup Brazil 2014 hype! NSFW now, use caution

Post by guttermouth »

It's like The socceroos are our only national team where it's alright for them to lose....

Making the World Cup now for Australia is pretty much a given yeah??
Been now that they qualify through Asia is a lot easier than the previous years when it came down to playing against South American teams to qualify??
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

well yeah by forcing ourselves into Asia we pretty much made qualifying a moot point. The fact that the soccer loving media might want to push soccer as much as they can during the world cup and be all nice about it doesn't make the socceroos somehow not shit.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Sigh. Ignorance.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

ignorance lol They got fucking smashed by Spain who couldn't get close to the other two, they are so far behind they need another 50 years. You don't think that in 4 years time the other nations might just maybe improve as well?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

If you go back looking at articles after 2006 and 2010 its exactly the same story, gallant socceroos go down but the future looks bright etc. It's like reporting on the Adelaide Crows finishing 15th but talking about them as if they nearly won the premiership.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Who the hell was saying the future looked bright after 2010??? Everyone was saying "What next?" We knew we were due for a generation change.

With that yobbo, okker attitude, you don't deserve our current Socceroos, nevermind the future Socceroos.
But when they're in the knockout round next world cup, you'll be up there "Whooo Socceroos!", like every other bandwagon riding idiot.

"Gooooo Isotopes!"
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah nah I won't.. I don't even follow Soccer hence my care factor for the world cup is 0, I don't mind the premier league but the diving is at an absolutely infuriating level at the world cup. I do however know enough about the game to call a spade a spade, clearly something the Spanish press have no trouble doing unlike our hometown wankfest:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/wo ... 6965030066
Vzzzbx, you lose again!