Apple Tv

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Apple Tv

Post by edgecrusher »

Anyone got it?

A mate of mine has got one and he loves it.

I'm looking into perhaps getting one as he has it mainly for NBA league pass, but I do run a HDMI cable from my comp into my amp and watch NBA league pass that way.

Been told there's heaps of other cool shit on there that makes it worth it and that. It just seems weird that it offers some decent shit for $107

I've got a Samsung Smart TV which I've recently hooked up to the net, same thing or not? worth getting it?
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Re: Apple Tv

Post by jizzlobber »

Does the smart tv have the nba thing?
Another option would be chromecast if it has the mgs shot

I have an Apple tv to watch shit from the iPad, which will let me stream from my pc using air server... Handy.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Might want to check whirlpool out, I'm sure a few people have mentioned using apple TV for NBA League Pass. It's also available on some consoles too if you want to try that before getting an apple TV. I've found the website version is more reliable than the 360 app
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I have one. I got it on a whim and didn't think I'd use it much, but I love it.

It's awesome for airplay alone. It works a lot better than my TV for streaming content too - higher quality netflix, more responsive, etc. I used to have an app that made my mac mini run as an airplay receiver, but this is way way more reliable.

Over here at least it's got a ton of integrated streaming apps - I use HBO Go, Hulu Plus and Netflix mostly, but there's a ton of other decent stuff on there.

The only bummer is you can't easily stream from a computer from what I can see. I've seen one setup where it uses Plex and transcodes to MP4 on the fly, but my Mac Mini isn't powerful enough to do that. I use AirVideo on my iPhone then use AirPlay to play MP4 files, and skip MKVs - I just use my Samsung's player for those, even though it's a bit clunky.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

All my media is stored on a 4TB WD MyCloud NAS. I currently have the WD TV Live in the family room, but before I add to my home network setup, I'm holding out for the PlayStation TV (preview) and if it does everything I want it to I will relegate the WD TV Live to the bedroom.
PlayStation TV is essentially a streaming media set-top box, similar in size and capability to Roku 3, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV, and priced to match at $100/ €99 (about £58, AU$105). The difference is, when PlayStation TV arrives on October 14, it will also offer access to a library of nearly 700 high-pedigree games from Sony's extensive library of PS4, PS3, PS1, PS Vita and PSP games. Available titles include such classics as God of War, Killzone, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal and Borderlands 2.

In addition to the base box for $100, Sony will offer a $140 (about £83, AU$149) bundle that will include a DualShock 3 controller, an 8GB memory card, and a copy of The Lego Movie: The Video Game.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)