Dominance?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

mxlegend99 wrote:Funnily enough, i don't have any players that i actually hate nowadays. Not even Lockyer. I used to hate Tallis, but even with him, he doesn't bother me anymore.

Most players i disliked though, i've seen places other then on the footy field and they don't seem so bad.
I still hate Trent Barrett. :)

That's about it really. Plenty of others that I dislike though.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

I have guys i'm not fond of. But the days of hating players are over. Most of them seem so different in RL. I had drinks with Brad Fitler, a player i hated... and i thought he was cool. Just getting on the piss at Panthers with a few other players, having a good time.

I don't care for Barrett. But i don't hate him. I'm neutral on him, he's a good player... and i don't know him as a person. So i can't really judge him.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Um, that Sydney reject was playing in some loser minor league in Victoria you pack of noobs, not the premier national competition.

Unlike a certain arse poker. :oops: Although I do use the term "national" extremely loosely when referring to LEAGUE. Calling it the NRL is almost as bad as the Yanks' World Series. :lol: :fight
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Um, that Sydney reject was playing in some loser minor league in Victoria you pack of noobs, not the premier national competition.

Unlike a certain arse poker. :oops: Although I do use the term "national" extremely loosely when referring to LEAGUE. Calling it the NRL is almost as bad as the Yanks' World Series. :lol: :fight
It's not the NRL's fault that other shitty states couldn't hack it in the NRL. Warriors come from New Zealand. Storm from Melbourne. Cowboys and Broncos from Brisbane. Other states could compete... or rather show up atleast. The rejects found in those states would hardly be competition :fight

Go eat on some AFL scrotum.
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Didn't the Western Reds have Mark Geyer?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yes, as well as a whole lot of other rejects who couldn't get work anywhere else but in WA.

Also why is Ambrose making fun of various league players? Hi Wayne Carey?
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

No wonder our team was so shit!

Or Gary Ablett Snr who was in trouble when a young girl died in his hotel room after allegedly taking too many pills......allegedly
Ambrose Burnside

Candy Arse wrote:Also why is Ambrose making fun of various league players? Hi Wayne Carey?
Madmya and mx decided to be complete wankers in the AFL thread so I'm just returning the favour. Being an AFL fan though I'm much more polite and civilised than the average LEAGUE neanderthal so I'm staying out of the proper LEAGUE thread. No need to thank me :up:

Now excuse me I have a booze bus to avoid.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

We thought your thread needed help getting posts. People with taste, post in the League thread, afterall. We try and help you and this is our thanks?
Ambrose Burnside

mxlegend99 wrote:We thought your thread needed help getting posts. People with taste, post in the League thread, afterall. We try and help you and this is our thanks?
:wanker:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:The AFL Grand Final was shown LIVE around the country unlike that blip on the sporting calendar played last night :lol: :thefinger:
Bwaha. As an AFL fan I *wish* we could once again enjoy representative football. NRL SOO is an awesome series and gives fans another perspective from which to support NRL beyond home and away matches. From your perspective Ambrose how cool would it be to see the best players from WA regardless of club pull on a state jumper and play for your state? The poor AFL managed to fuck their historic, successful SOO series once the league went national. Today's AFL fans are stuck within the confines of club football and the AFL is of less significance because of it.
Ambrose Burnside

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:The AFL Grand Final was shown LIVE around the country unlike that blip on the sporting calendar played last night :lol: :thefinger:
Bwaha. As an AFL fan I *wish* we could once again enjoy representative football. NRL SOO is an awesome series and gives fans another perspective from which to support NRL beyond home and away matches. From your perspective Ambrose how cool would it be to see the best players from WA regardless of club pull on a state jumper and play for your state? The poor AFL managed to fuck their historic, successful SOO series once the league went national. Today's AFL fans are stuck within the confines of club football and the AFL is of less significance because of it.
For sure, AFL state of origin would kick arse :D :up:

Unlike the NATIONAL Rugby League's version of state of origin where only two states compete, I'm not sure how they'll do it. Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia are the big three obviously, and I suppose there would have to be an Allies team again. Maybe even Vic Metro and Vic Country like the underage carnivals so Victoria doesn't dominate.

Or two divisions so NSW, Queensland and so forth could have their own state teams instead of the Allies. Ah, the complexities of a truly national competition :up:

For me personally though the lack of state of origin isn't a HUGE loss, the WA state team would be made up of mostly Eagles anyway :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

That's why NRL SOO has remained so prominent though. They didn't revamp it to coincide with a national league. SOO remained a contest between the two big League states. AFL should've remained the same ie: Vic vs SA vs WA. Bugger setting up stupid combined teams like the Allies (ugh) with no history or relevance. That was the beginning of the end for AFL SOO.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

1 state vs another state is far better rivalry and much more personal then it would be in AFL. We have a Melbourne based team in the comp... and a New Zealand based one. But the rivalry is between 2 of the biggest states in Australia.

A 3-way Origin just wouldn't be as good. Nowhere near as personal.
Ambrose Burnside

Peppermint Lounge wrote:That's why NRL SOO has remained so prominent though. They didn't revamp it to coincide with a national league. SOO remained a contest between the two big League states. AFL should've remained the same ie: Vic vs SA vs WA. Bugger setting up stupid combined teams like the Allies (ugh) with no history or relevance. That was the beginning of the end for AFL SOO.
Mick Malthouse was the beginning of the end imo, when he kept resting "injured" Eagles during state of origin in the early 90s.

And if any Freo players manage to bluff their way into a WA state team, I wouldn't be able to cheer for them. :|

Either way if they did bring the concept back it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as when it was VFL vs. WAFL vs. SANFL. Once the Eagles won their first premiership (with a team consisting entirely of WA players, I might add), support for the concept died. We had a state team playing and winning every week :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

NRL fans shouldn't be trolling the AFL thread. AFL is a pretty good sport, even though I'm a die hard league bloke I still enjoy the few times per year I watch an AFL game - usually in September of course.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

That trolling helped it get to a second page. We done them a service :thumbsup:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I wasn't trolling, I didn't go there to bag their sport. I just wanted to teach those ignorant pricks something about Australian sport.

Sick to death of hearing League called Rugby and sick to death of them not even knowing the difference between them.

Having an Allies team in AFL is an absolute joke though. As far as I know, QLD and NSW dislike each other. I know that I fucken hate the blues that's for sure.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

NEW South Wales' State of Origin team were so bored by the week they spent in Melbourne that they lost, the acting NSW Premier said.
What a fucking joke. Fuck I hate NSW.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:
NEW South Wales' State of Origin team were so bored by the week they spent in Melbourne that they lost, the acting NSW Premier said.
What a fucking joke. Fuck I hate NSW.
That guy is a dickhead. They lost through being unable to stay in the game for 80mins. That last 10 mins along with the last 10 in game 1 were pathetic. They probably only played well the last 10 of Game 2 as they were trailing.

The game aint won till the siren sounds. NSW thought they'd won it too early... and QLD knew that 10mins is A LOT of time.
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

That's a great statement, it pisses off both Queenslanders and Victorians. :up:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

:lol:

Outside of being rivals with them in sports, i don't mind QLD or VIC. But if he wants to burn them both, good on him :thumbsup:
Ambrose Burnside

I watched the highlights on the news last night, the referee would have felt at home at the World Cup, even I could see he made a lot of retarded decisions against Queensland.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

All that was missing was Steve Clark sending the same player off twice.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

mxlegend99 wrote:Cowboys and Broncos from Brisbane.
Time for a geography lesson Mx.