Xmas 2014 Thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Xmas 2014 Thread

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Merry Christmas! :nana:

My wife and I are hosting Christmas for the first time, so today is going to be crazy. Both sets of parents, all the siblings, partners, kids etc etc etc :run: This is the calm before the storm :shock:

Seriously though, I can't wait until the family arrive and the kids get here. Christmas is so much better now that I have a couple of nephews running around (5 years old and 18 months old, one from each side of the family) :)

Anyway, so far I've scored:

Games

Assassin's Creed: Birth of a New World (a bundle I hadn't even heard of containing Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Books

Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2015
How Star Wars Conquered the Universe (from a work colleague)
What a Croc! Legendary Front Pages from the NT News (WTF!? Office Secret Santa ftw :lol: )

DVDs/Blu-rays

Seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead

Other

Limted Edition West Coast Eagles watch
Retro 1987-style TMNT toy van (from myself :lol: :D)

So, as usual, I've been spoiled :D How'd you all go? :D

EDIT: So it turns out I was originally only going to get the watch, but the Team Store made a mistake, refunded my wife's money and still delivered the watch :lol: Makes up for all the money I've dumped on the team just to keep my place on the waiting list I guess! 8)
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Re: Xmas 2014 Thread

Post by General Chaos »

Happy Jesus!

Oh man have fun hosting all the in laws! We are doing it for the 3rd year straight (My wife has convinced herself she likes doing it).

Should be a low key Xmas this year for presents between us since we have spent a fair bit on the yard and are treating our selves over the new year break.

Have a good day everyone!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Make sure ya'll watch The Interview today yeah?

The online release unfortunately is Geoblocked (I guess they don't want our money?)

But I'm pretty sure it's on kickasstorrents.
-------------------------------------
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I find it hard to celebrate Xmas because I am always working but got it off this year. Bought myself a new car as a gift to myself, Nissan Dualis Ti-L. Not a huge SUV fan but love the ride height.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Happy Hey Zeus day!

Stuck at the in laws for Xmas lunch. Don't keep any of my gaming stuff at the missus place since I don't really want a 3yo watching me game. Maybe next year.

Got a pair of DC kicks from the missus, bottle of Jamos from the old lady and a PS4 camera & Metro Redux from myself.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

We're pretty low key here. Xmas day festivities have been largely cancelled due to the MIL being unwell. Yay!

The missus got me a telescope (which I already posted about) and an awesome teacup. Shut up, I like tea!

I got her a top shelf bottle of tequila and a new PC (which was so expensive, I got credit for our anniversary AND her birthday :laugh:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Merry Christmas you filthy animals!!!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

The Interview was terrible!
-------------------------------------
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

My wife got me a Luigi Amiibo and the Super Mario All-Stars collectors edition.

I hope you all had a straight pimpin' Christmas yo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Love the pyjamas Grey!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Oh that's not pyjamas, that's my Hawaiian Christmas shirt :up:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I got to have my first Christmas as a father. He woke up at 6.45am...which is way too early and he didn't even know it was Christmas. This can only get worse I assume.

We just got rid of a lot of baby stuff he's grown out of already...and yesterday just reclaimed all of that reclaimed space.

And I got a H.O.T.A.S fit for a P.O.T.U.S. X55 Rhino

Merry Christmas all.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

How is the Rhino Gun? Looking at getting one..
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

In the Elite Dangerous thread I've commented on why I chose the X55. In a nutshell it came down to the X52 Pro or the Rhino. Pax had a good deal on the Rhino so I ended up getting one for not a lot more than the X52.
I also seriously considered the Thrustmaster Warthog but it does not have Yaw on the stick. The most expensive H.O.T.A.S on the market absolutely requires pedals. Not for me.

I'm yet to assign everything I want on the stick and throttle buttons. There's so much scope there.

If you know you're going to buy a H.O.T.A.S and you want Yaw on the stick and can afford the extra couple of dollars, the Rhino is absolutely the choice to make.
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hey all hope you guys had great Christmas's, I did. I scored Masterpiece Bumblebee and Spike, Sunset Overdrive, some limited edition christmas lego and a telescope*

First year I have spent putting together kids toys and it felt like I was doing it all day, I might buy a power drill for myself next year lol

*telescope yet to be purchased as I can't make up my mind.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Same here...all day putting together new toys for Tobias. Haven't gotten any further than affixing the H.O.T.A.S to a small table and plugging it in....actually assigning anything for play might happen tonight.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Cleaned up this year and am now back on the iPhone wagon
IPhone 6 plus space grey
Bottle of wild turkey rare breed
Bottle of patron xo coffee liquor
Bottle of Captain Morgan's
Spice bomb Viktor and rolf

Also our 64" Sammy plasma got 3 red lines down the side so I didn't hesitate and ordered a Sony 4k 70" 3d led lcd screen today from hardly normal for under 3 grand.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/goto/176498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Awesome price for that TV! I paid about that amount 6 months ago for the same size TV (and brand) but only standard Full HD :lol: :(

Before seeing The Hobbit yesterday (but after seeing Warner out for a duck :( ) I spent the vouchers I got from the in-laws and siblings. Picked up Lego: The Hobbit, CoD Ghosts, Mario Golf World Tour, Guardians of the Galaxy on Blu-ray and the latest season of 24 on DVD, plus the latest Horus Heresy book I'm up to (Scars). So glad I have two weeks off, I'm going to need it with this influx of new games and stuff :D

<3 Christmas. It's always massive in our family. And after hosting I think we have enough leftovers for the next couple of weeks too (and that's after giving away so much) :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yes I thought so too for that price. A bit pissed off though as I have to wait until around the 10th of January to receive it due to stock levels.