NRL 2015 - Cleary gone! Mx tears ensue

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

NRL 2015 - Cleary gone! Mx tears ensue

Post by Madmya »

Last edited by Madmya on 19 Oct 2015 06:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Re: NRL 2015 - A New Hope

Post by pilonv1 »

westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

:up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... and-nines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last year it was Brad Fittler for the Roosters and Steve Menzies for Manly. Now another NRL legend is set to make a comeback at the NRL Nines, with Raiders legend Ken Nagas set to strap on the boots.

Canberra has confirmed the former flyer is currently in training with the team to play in the Nines, after the Raiders made an application to the NRL for him to play in the tournament.

The 41-year-old former winger, fullback and centre said he’s excited about pulling on the famous Green Machine jersey.

“I’m really excited about being back in training and hopefully I’ll get the opportunity to play for the Raiders again,” Nagas said.

“I’ve been working really hard on my fitness for the Nines and hopefully I can add something to our young squad.”

Nagas spent 10 seasons at the Raiders. He made his debut in 1992 and was part of the Raiders premiership winning team in 1994, scoring two tries in the Grand Final.

He is currently the trainer for the Canberra Raiders Toyota Cup side.
Maybe he can return full time, must be better than Bill Tupou
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NRL 2015 - Return of Ken Nagas

Post by Candy Arse »

KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get Paul Osborne to play with him? Maybe slip a few pearlers out the back.....down the left flank, in and away! Shut the gate.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Surprised that there has been no mention of Jason Smith getting done for drugs in here. He was a pretty handy player and it always blew my mind that he seemingly played with all the time in the world despite not looking overly fast or fit, and certainly not taking too good a care of his health with the amount he smoked. Even in his mid 30s he seemed to play the game so comfortably.

Qld State of Origin great, restaurateur on cocaine charges

A FORMER Australian rugby league star and a prominent Toowoomba restaurateur have been charged with trafficking cocaine.
Mill St Tavern owner Jason Paul Smith, 42, and Olive Branch restaurant owner Jason Matthew Wood, 34, were charged on Monday as a part of a six-month joint operation between the Crime and Corruption Commission and the Darling Downs Tactical Crime Squad.

Smith represented Australia in 15 Tests and Queensland 16 times in State of Origin level during his rugby league career.

He played first grade football for 17 years with clubs including Canterbury, Parramatta, Canberra and North Queensland as well as playing for Toowoomba Brothers in the Toowoomba Rugby League competition in 2011 and 2012.

Southern Region crime coordinator Detective Superintendent Paul Schmidt said police would allege the men trafficked 280g of cocaine to Toowoomba between June and December last year.

Det. Supt. Schmidt said no drugs were found when officers searched the residence section of Smith's Mill St Tavern and Wood's Westbrook home on Monday.

Det. Supt. Schmidt said Wood would also face a cocaine possession charge after his vehicle was stopped at the Gold Coast on December 20 last year.
He said police would allege Wood was in possession of about 3.5g of cocaine known as an "eight ball" when stopped.
Both men were given bail to appear in Toowoomba Magistrates Court on February 11.
Source
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

He didn't play for the Broncos, so no one mentioned it.

Anyone else going to the Nines?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Would be pretty cool to see every team at once.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Would love to see it become a requirement that each club has a token retired player in their squad.

Would be great to see joey have a run for the Knights, Girds for the Panthers, Gasnier for the Dragons, Lockyer for the Broncos etc.

The highlight last year was that Fittler try for me. I am sure plenty of guys would be too out of shape, but if we even get one glimpse of a magic moment from them its worth it.

Or maybe add a former greats Origin game. The 9 minute halves and unlimited interchanges would mean they should be able to comfortably offer a quality game. I think I would rather that then the club games in all honesty. Most clubs dont take the games seriously and worry about injuries, sending weak teams.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I'd like to see some more teams in the Nines. Some QLD/NSW cup teams, maybe some indigenous/maori teams. As you say the NRL clubs don't put a lot of effort in.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

Joey won't do it because of his neck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I love the above ideas and am all for it.

Going into this season which teams do we feel good about? I can see teams like Souths and Easts taking a step backwards. Who is likely to rise back up into the 8? Brisbane? Penrith to take the next step and be real legit contenders?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I like the idea of QLD and NSW cup teams in it. The downside is too many teams means it's suddenly a bigger tournament, more days, more injuries, more whine from NRL clubs.

Brisbane and Penrith will be serious contenders for 2015 in my opinion. As for the rest, it's a lottery as always.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Moving this weekend, probably won't get to see any of the games :talezcry:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Gee I wonder if South Sydney are regretting making Greg Inglis captain now that he's making it clear he's looking at all options.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

They had no choice after John Sutton was arrested along with Luke Burgess. Souths tried to cover it up, and Burgess paid the victim to have the charges dropped. But as is usually the case, it finally came out and made the Bunnies look bad trying to hide it. Now their replacement captain has indicated he wants to play another sport... although honestly it could be a bluff to get the NRL to step in and pay him outside of the salary cap just as they promised they would do to Hayne, Burgess etc. to keep them in the game. Although in their case, money wasn't the biggest factor.

Personally hope that if the NRL does end up paying players to stay in the game, that they make it fair on the other clubs somehow. Say it takes Greg Inglis $1.5m a season to stay in the game, the NRL pay that and how does it affect the Souths salary cap? Do they keep him under the $500k or whatever his last contract was? Do they offer a token value on him? Does he have to stay with that club? Or can they say we'll give you $1.5m, but you can go and play for the Sharks (most recent wooden spooners) to try and level the playing field a little.

They're already trying to do that with the Titans. They're looking at paying DCE extra outside of the salary cap to join the Titans hoping it will help them be more successful. Which is IMO is an absolute joke. Poorly run clubs should not be rewarded with great players outside of the salary cap to give them an unfair advantage to compete. Panthers were a fucking rabble from 2005 through to 2011 with their salary cap an absolute mess, the NRL never stepped in to help them. In the end they had to shed a lot of fan favourites to get the salary cap in shape, and buy a heap of journey men for the rebuilding phase. They should be helping out the Titans by fixing up their salary cap issues, not giving them a bigger salary cap to sign arguably the best halfback in the competition. Titans get the best halfback in the NRL, Panthers had to shed the best juniors the club had developed. Likewise the Raiders are getting fucked each and every year with no amount of money being enough to keep the players they want, or the players being complete fuckwits to the point where their only option is to get rid of them.

Every year it just seems more pointless for clubs to try and develop players. The clubs who do fuck all to develop players are the ones who seem to get the bigger advantages. They can go out and target the best at other clubs, offer them more money and less competition for spots, or else force the current clubs to pay massive money just to keep someone they have already put a shitload of money into developing, and leaving less space to keep others that they have developed. The salary cap doesn't do anything to reward clubs who develop players. There needs to be more done to help clubs be able to keep the players they invest in from a young age.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Also Trent Merrin has confirmed he won't be at the Dragons beyond 2015. They won't offer him enough money, despite the papers indicating they offered him over $600k a season and it being the biggest contract they have ever offered to a forward.

He's apparently odds on to sign with Panthers, but the rumour there is that it is part of a swap deal for Adam Docker and/or Sika Manu. But the confirmation that he wouldn't be at the Dragons beyond 2015, made it sound like he was atleast seeing out his deal and if so, a swap wouldn't be an option. Docker, Manu and Merrin are all free agents in 2016.

Sharks and Roosters are interested, and personally I think Sharks would be the best choice for him. They will pay ridiculous overs to get him, they're not too far from the Dragons in location and he could continue to live where he is and stay beach side for his missus. Panthers would require a move or long commute to work, and while the beach isn't a terribly long commute, if he likes to be there daily he would be wasting a long of time travelling. Just can't see us being an option for him and his partner considering their love of surfing and the beach.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah good point. I hadn't thought about the whole Hayne thing. So it's probably his manager trying to bleed more out of the NRL. Fair enough.
Personally hope that if the NRL does end up paying players to stay in the game, that they make it fair on the other clubs somehow. Say it takes Greg Inglis $1.5m a season to stay in the game, the NRL pay that and how does it affect the Souths salary cap? Do they keep him under the $500k or whatever his last contract was? Do they offer a token value on him? Does he have to stay with that club? Or can they say we'll give you $1.5m, but you can go and play for the Sharks (most recent wooden spooners) to try and level the playing field a little.
Marquee player system. Whether the NRL funds that, I don't know. I'm not against that either, we need to do something. I don't know if the top players will want to go to a shit club, these guys want to win comps.

That last bit about player retention though, well that's just a manifestation of the salary cap isn't it? I don't like it either. Brisbane is one of those clubs that can attract players developed at other clubs, but the overwhelming majority of their players came through their system so I can only assume you mean the Roosters and Bulldogs.

Funnily enough, since Milford left the Raiders the Raiders have given the finger to Souths/Logan (the feeder that delivered them Papalii and Milford) so that area has now fallen into Brisbane's hands. The Raiders weren't going to put any of their players into the Souths/Logan QRL team which of course didn't go down well with the Magpies and now they're a feeder team for the Broncos.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Still have no fucking idea how Merrin got Sally Fitzgerald.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Saw Watmong in Eels gear

Still not sure what to think
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'll help:

:puke:
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

KHunt has been charged with distributing cocaine.

ps. the Nines were amazeballs