The Fat Idiots Thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

The Fat Idiots Thread

Post by Madmya »

We are in the midst of a golden age for fast food.

At Subway: Beetroot!

At McDonalds: McOz (with beetroot!)

At KFC: Zinger Works is back! (with pineapple!)

At Hungry Jacks: Malibu burgers! (with pineapple!)

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: The Fat Idiots Thread

Post by itch »

I'm more of a voracious eater than ever (can easily gain 6+ kilos in a day) and a part of me does wish I still ate meat so I could enjoy challenging myself with some ridiculous fast food challenges.

Maybe you wanna watch some competitive eaters?

This guy has steadily become my favourite,
Huge.

This one is a tight little challenge and he ends up unofficially taking the world record.

Furious pete unfortunately contracted testicular cancer (the poor bastard) but he is back on the horse it seems.
-------------------------------------
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Thanks for the videos. I managed to forget about the damn heat while watching them. It's like bukkake with food.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I was up in Sydney for Christmas and noticed that Little Caesars Pizza has opened up a shop there. Hopefully this is the first of many US fast food chains to make the transition over here.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Pineapple on burgers or pizza is a sin. Public stoning is in order for all that like it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

EVERYTHING is better with either pineapple or beetroot. I'm about to get another Zinger Works today.

I watched that video itch, the dude is a maniac. I'm pretty sure I'd have organs bursting if I tried that. I really want an english breakfast now.

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Aggs, I used to think that way. Now pineapple seems like a massive innovation when you consider that every "new" off menu item at the big chains is one of their regular burgers but they've added fucking bbq sauce. So every bite just tastes like BBQ sauce.

Anyway, the best "new" menu item out of the big three is the Kentucky Burger. Original Gangsta fillet, bacon, cheese, onion rings and coleslaw. Better than their hugely innovative "Double". You just have to remember to tell them "no BBQ sauce" when you order.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

BBQ is awesome!

One of the best pizzas I have ever had is a thin Hawaiian on bbq sauce. Delicious!

BBQ sauce goes so well with chicken... or any burger / sub thing really.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

I agree with you about lack of innovation Uncle Cletus, but still can't do the pineapple & I think a public stoning is still in order.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

What's with the BBQ sauce at Mc Donalds? It's like a fucking oil slick. Pretty sure it's an unrefined petrochemical.

Even on french fries it's rank.

(other chains BBQ is much better IMO and overall I don't mind BBQ)
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

More great KFC news:
Fast-food giant KFC is planning to serve beer and cider alongside its chicken and chips at one of its new Sydney stores.

KFC has applied for a liquor licence for its new Parramatta store in a bid to keep up with the growing popularity of "fast casual restaurants", which are increasingly offering alcohol on their menus. But public health advocates have criticised the move.
Is there anything more useless than a 'public health advocate'?
"This comes at a time when kids around the country are watching the KFC Big Bash on TV and at grounds every day. Now they will associate KFC and its marketing not only with junk food but with alcohol."
Shit, we can't have watching cricket associated with alcohol consumption, that would be a disaster!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Last night in the interest of science, I decided to test what happens when you put McDonalds cheeseburgers in a Breville. I purchased three cheeseburgers. Burger 1 was a control burger, was eaten immediately and was delicious. Burgers 2 and 3 were allowed to cool to room temperature, and additionally Burger 2 was buttered on the top and bottom as one would with a standard toasted sandwich, despite my suspicion that this was entirely unnecessary.

The experiment was a success- the burger halves sealed along the cut as I'd feared they wouldn't, and I had awesome toasted cheeseburger sandwiches. The buns were a little crispier than those of the control burger, while the contents were much the same. There was no discernible difference between the buttered and unbuttered burgers, so I'll omit that step from future experiments to further streamline the process. It is very likely that I'll keep a supply of refrigerated cheeseburgers from now on.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Holy fuck - you're amazing.

I'm not doing that because I know I'll love it. Then I'm making Tobias toasted McDonald's cheeseburgers for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Suddenly I'm the worst parent in Australia.

I did make a KFC version of the Double that was WAY better than anything on their menu. I posted it on FB and here a while back.

Fillet meal box - place mash and chips on one fillet, place other fillet on top. No need for cheese or bacon...just enjoy the traditional Kentucky flavours.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:lol: Oh my god Gamma! Pics? I know you had the interest in science at heart, but what on Earth made you even consider something like that?

Has anyone ever thought that this KFC chicken would really be better with a beer? I love beer as much as anyone, but shit I've never felt like a beer when eating KFC.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I too would like some pics.

I wonder if you could squeeze a big mac into a jaffle iron (take the middle bun out?). Or maybe a whopper lol.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Shouldn't be too hard...A Big Mac is hardly big any more.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Alcohol being served at fast food joints in Europe is common. You can even buy alcohol at petrol stations & convenience stores (7 Eleven in the US does this too).
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Nando's and Schnitz both already sell piss to the punters.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I don't know if it's just the two that are nearby, but KFC has really gone to shit IMO. While I appreciate them serving piss (and would probably opt for a cider given the context), it'll take more than that to get me back onboard. Still, I wish them well. More booze vendors is always a good thing.
Madmya wrote:I know you had the interest in science at heart, but what on Earth made you even consider something like that?
Had a tonne of leftover ham from Christmas, so on boxing day I broke out the Breville and cranked some ham and cheese toasties. Somewhere along the line I realised a toasted sandwich isn't just a convenient snack, it's an entire platform for eating food. It's funny itch mentioned the Big Mac/Whopper, as the first thing that came to mind was something of a Big Mac calzone. Perhaps I will experiment with that later, but I fear the special sauce and lettuce will not fare well in the sandwiching process, plus I really question whether they'd seal well. Anyway, I bought some cheeseburgers thinking that was a safer starting point, and well, here we are.

I've got a bit of a history with cheeseburger experiments. Have I mentioned the 2D cheeseburger here before? Really separates the men from the boys in terms of how far you're willing to go for innovative fast food.

I was going to make some more tonight but I now have non-cheeseburger dinner plans with the family (I offered to "make dinner", which drew immediate suspicion). Rest assured research shall continue, and will be better documented in future. My next main areas of interest are fries on the cheeseburger, and chilling the cheeseburgers beforehand. If I can pull one of these babies out of the fridge at any time, I'll be living the dream.

Cletus, you're absolutely right, it is a slippery, greasy slope. As soon as Tobias is 18 and out the door though, you need to get on this.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

So I've taken Gamma's lead and decided to use my leftover naan bread and curry to make a toasted sandwich or "jaffle" as we call them in QLD. It worked a treat. I found it was very good for pre and post gaming sessions, I had the energy to push on for long Destiny sessions allowing me to defeat Phogoth. I'm unsure how it affected my metabolism but I felt hot at the time indicating it possibly sped it up significantly, paving the way for ultimate weight loss.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

:lol: I thought cracking a Red Bull before the Atheon fight gave me an edge, Phogoth wouldn't stand a chance against a curried up Guardian. That sounds awesome, I never have any leftovers when I get Indian though. It's just too tasty.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You two should be science blokes that do stuff with science.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Madmya wrote:I know you had the interest in science at heart, but what on Earth made you even consider something like that?
Haha Gamma, a man after my own heart. I've done this before too but my reasons were a little different. Eyes were bugger than my belly getting maccas after a drunken night out, was a bit povo at the time and didn't want to essentially have wasted the $ I dropped on a double quarter pounder so put it in the fridge until the next morning.

Knew that microwaving that shit would get it hot, but soggy and gross, and then it hit me - levered apart the burger so it was one patty and one bun half each and then chucked it under the grill, came out pretty darn delicious. Later down the track ended up in a similar situation but in a house with no grill, but we did have a sandwich press.. masterstroke. Was surprised at how much I enjoyed the little crunch from the toasted top and bottom, and ever since then it's been my preferred way to eat leftover patties from BBQ and the like. :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Not gonna lie, I had one of those two piece feeds for dinner tonight. Just as good as I remember....
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

KFC - my position on it is that it might be one of the most delicious poisons ever created.