The Fat Idiots Thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Re: The Fat Idiots Thread

Post by mech »

I miss Aussie KFC so much.

Up there with Japanese Maccas. So good.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What makes Japanese Maccas so good?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I don't think you want to know.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Probably the tears of the small children who make the nuggets. It's a nice salty taste.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Cletus wrote:You two should be science blokes that do stuff with science.
Make a YouTube show, I would watch
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

mech wrote:I miss Aussie KFC so much.
KFC in the US was one of the biggest disappointments when I visited. They had wedges ffs
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That is awesome to know. I mean that. How can we have better Kentucky Fried Chicken than the Americans?
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Don't eat KFC in China. Ever. Maccas is spot on though
mech

Post by mech »

pilonv1 wrote:
mech wrote:I miss Aussie KFC so much.
KFC in the US was one of the biggest disappointments when I visited. They had wedges ffs
When I discovered this, 'disappointed' does not even begin to cover it.

Then there's the lack of hot and spicy - no zinger burgers, no bacon and cheese burgers, lots of weird stuff on the menu, and the chicken just isn't as good. Super greasy, and you can't just get a breast piece on its own like in Aus (from what I can tell) - it comes with the bone attached and just isn't as good.
Candy Arse wrote:What makes Japanese Maccas so good?
It's super high quality. Yes, it's maccas, but everything is fresh, cooked well, not greasy. Plus when I went back in 2006 you could smoke and drink there. Perfection.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

I'm a health nut but fuck do i love my Mccy Dee's! Always smash a large double quarter pounder meal with 4 cheese burgers..
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Burnzoire wrote:Don't eat KFC in China. Ever. Maccas is spot on though

What's wrong the KFC in China, and isn't the KFC in Australia made in China anyway?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Candy Arse wrote:Not gonna lie, I had one of those two piece feeds for dinner tonight. Just as good as I remember....
It would be easy to go on the attack right now, but I ain't going to as I recognize that calculated properly in your macro count, the occasional KFC can be ok. And massively boost a calorie count on a bulk.
I don't eat that shit though. Ever.
Poached Chicken breast with a spread of chilli paste across it will beat KFC every time.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The assumption when I said two piece feed was KFC, the reality was home-made chicken rissoles and veggies; my two-piece feed :lol:

I don't count macros, much like calories it ain't worth it.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

You didn't fool anyone, KFC hasn't sold the two-piece feed for years. It's been replaced by the three-piece feed.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

You can still get a two piece feed, they just call it the two piece box. At least in QLD they do.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Megaman wrote:You didn't fool anyone, KFC hasn't sold the two-piece feed for years. It's been replaced by the three-piece feed.
He fooled me. Although now I'm just going to feel bad for him if he ever says he just had an awesome Big Mac, knowing he probably means 100 percent fat free ham and light cheese on wholemeal pita bread.

You'll never build up a resistance to death if you don't face it a few times.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Big Macs have never been awesome, even when I was a fat idiot myself.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

GreyWizzard wrote:You can still get a two piece feed, they just call it the two piece box. At least in QLD they do.
Shit, you're right, I checked the website and Qld gets a two piece feed while the rest of us fat fucks get three. It's probably for the best.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

What I do with old fries/chips that were kept in the fridge as leftovers is put these in the air fryer.

the brand I use:
phillips viva collection air fryer:
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/phili ... fryer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What it does is make them crispy all over again and nobody can tell they were leftover food. All the oil and shit sinks to the bottom and the chips are never going to have the soggy feel that they get over time. (you know when you leave them in the cardboard box and the trapped steam causes the chips to go all soft. )

Air fryer work great with making fried chicken wings and shoestring chips/french fries.

I am a fan of chicken wings and drumsticks that are fried so I find the air fryer a great way to reduce the fat/oil. But I lose all the fat easily through regular exercise. You can still eat junk and not be fat. You just need to accept that some day your heart is going to be fucked if you do it often. I usually think of a fat gut as a big stomach muscle. Sort of like armor if someone tries to punch you. (see the Blob from X-men as an example there)

If you want to lose fat buy an air fryer and cook some left over kentucky chips or maccas french fries. Or buy the frozen shoestring chips from supermarket and fry these in one of them. It taste just like fried food but removes the soggy oily feel to it. Add some pepper and salt for added taste. (usually I just eat the fries plain though)
To avoid the oil bubbling up onto the bottom of the food you need to empty the oil from the bottom regularly otherwise you are just going to have the oil go back onto the food again which just defeats the purpose of trying to eat crispy but non-oily chips/chicken.

I prefer my noodles soggy and wet (just use microwave for those) and my fries dry and crispy. (fuck the microwave or oven, buy an air fryer)

If you like deep fried food but are trying to lose weight try the air fryer for your chickens, fried chips etc. You won't regret it. When reheating old kept chips from last night, it can make them seem like freshly cooked ones. If you like your food oily you can add some to the meat but its more for us who like the more dry and crispy style.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Those air fryers are fucking pointless. Get a deep fryer. What's the point of eating chips that are almost but not quite as good as deep fried chips?
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Gamma wrote:Last night in the interest of science, I decided to test what happens when you put McDonalds cheeseburgers in a Breville. I purchased three cheeseburgers. Burger 1 was a control burger, was eaten immediately and was delicious. Burgers 2 and 3 were allowed to cool to room temperature, and additionally Burger 2 was buttered on the top and bottom as one would with a standard toasted sandwich, despite my suspicion that this was entirely unnecessary.

The experiment was a success- the burger halves sealed along the cut as I'd feared they wouldn't, and I had awesome toasted cheeseburger sandwiches. The buns were a little crispier than those of the control burger, while the contents were much the same. There was no discernible difference between the buttered and unbuttered burgers, so I'll omit that step from future experiments to further streamline the process. It is very likely that I'll keep a supply of refrigerated cheeseburgers from now on.
:lol: I love you Gamm0r.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Just about to crack this shit wide open and this thread seemed appropriate. Chocolate just reached a new level. Ignore the Star Wars cookies. I changed my mind
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

In and Out burgers look amazing
I live vicariously through Matt Stonie.
-------------------------------------
mech

Post by mech »

They are. And so crazy cheap, like $2-3 each. Really fresh high quality ingredients. The only bummer is the fries - they are made immeasurably better served animal style though (melted cheese, grilled onions and special sauce).