World’s biggest data dump of compromised accounts.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

flipswitch
que
que

World’s biggest data dump of compromised accounts.

Post by flipswitch »

Might be worth checking I guess.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/collect ... =applenews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mega breaches have been redefined. A massive database containing usernames and passwords belonging to millions of people has been circulating online.

The personal information, known as Collection #1, was first seen on file sharing service MEGA in the last week and consists of 87GB of data, spread across 2,692,818,238 spreadsheet rows in 12,000 files. It's the single biggest data dump in internet history and contains both email addresses and associated passwords.

The database has been removed from MEGA but security researcher Troy Hunt has seen it being shared widely on hacking forums
Hunt uploaded Collection #1's data to his data breach notification website Have I Been Pwned? where you can find out if you were affected. The website contains details of more than 6,474,028,664 compromised accounts from 340 websites. Have I Been Pwned? is designed to check email addresses against data breaches and inform people when their login details have been exposed.
https://haveibeenpwned.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I checked all 3 of my email addresses and it’s fine. Few.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Re: World’s biggest data dump of compromised accounts.

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I wouldn't recommend putting your email addresses into anything.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

i don't understand. I put in two of my email addresses and it says they're breached on 9 sites. What I don't get is what is the actual breach? It's not like I put my password associated with those addresses. What does a breach actually mean?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Just means your details are in the file somewhere.

A lot of these large ones are combinations of dumps of things that were released previously like MySpace, LinkedIn etc. A few of my old passwords are in there but nothing I've used in the last few years. Plus I've got 2FA on the important stuff. Still if someone wants my details they can probably get them.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I tried some of my old emails and both had been breached on, dailymotion and nexus mods. Basically they hacked those websites and gained users username and passwords. I think this is what Cletus is talking about ?

I’d be only worried if the sites were like your email address or, eBay and PayPal, etc.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Checked and I haven't been pwned which is surprising. I am jealous. What does it mean when you get pwned? Does it mean I got breached? Don't people know that there is no such thing a security anymore because google scans all the emails and owns the data? They can just pretend they are not sharing but share it anyway. Everyone is fucked. People would have laughed at this stuff decade ago but it's all true and nobody is laughing now. Samsung admits it spies on everything through the smart tv. So if you say a password out loud or tell someone what it is, the people who make the tv can steal this data. (I even caught the smart tv scanning what is on my USB sticks once. I will never ever let my guard down)
I guess it's an expensive lesson for the zombie race that worships their tv and smart phones. All the shit you use is made in factories in foreign countries so at any time they can gangstalk you and haras you because the spy agency operating in the country is let in, in exchange for helping spies in their country spy on people for your country. There is no privacy.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Apparently I was breached on the DailyMotion one with two email addresses which is news to me I'm pretty sure I never had a DailyMotion account..
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I checked that pwned site and my Gmail account is fine, but my old Hotmail account has been compromised 9 times I think. The list of sites though, some of them I haven't used in years. Plus that file of data contains a lot of old data that was leaked ages ago all compiled into one large file. I'm confident my passwords are safe as I have 4 levels of passwords with the lowest level for non important sites like forums etc and the highest level for the likes of Playstation (with 2 step verification) and PayPal.

Explains a few dodgy things that appeared in my emails ages ago, like my EA account which I can't access any mor.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

there's a rather excellent function of that site that lets you check if your password has been compromised - they're stored in a separate database, but I'd recommend checking it via a VPN anyway, just in case.

Thankfully even though my email address has been pwned, my passwords are safe (for now), even my lamest ones.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

https://bgr.com/2021/02/09/data-breach- ... cybernews/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hackers recently posted more than 3 billion user credentials online as part of a massive data breach compilation of emails and passwords
Here’s the website to check if you have leak.
https://cybernews.com/personal-data-leak-check/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tried my email and I’m fine.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

My Hotmail email says it's been comprised 3 times so if you see any sensible posts from me, someone's hacked me.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It would be a good idea to change your hotmail password.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

That would be the wise thing to do.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

I love that haveibeenPWNED has become an industry standard. It's funny getting official company emails from my IT dept sent out to the masses that have l33t speak in them.