AFL Season 2018

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: AFL Season 2014

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Eagles coughed up another lead :lol:

Looking forward to reading about how we've learned from this blah blah blah

Our only hope of playing finals footy is Adelaide resting all their players in the last round :up: Don Pyke tossing his old club a bone :up:

EDIT:
“You’ll look at tonight’s game and you might think (it’s) a lucky win or (it’s) not very impressive – I’m sure that’s going to come – but we got the win. We’ve played some pretty good footy this year, we’ve beaten some really good sides and we’ve played a good three quarters for most of the year.
we’ve played a good three quarters for most of the year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Simpson. I remember when he he started at the Eagles and was pissed off with 80 point wins. I miss that guy.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Eagles coughed up another lead :lol:

Looking forward to reading about how we've learned from this blah blah blah

Our only hope of playing finals footy is Adelaide resting all their players in the last round :up: Don Pyke tossing his old club a bone :up:

EDIT:
“You’ll look at tonight’s game and you might think (it’s) a lucky win or (it’s) not very impressive – I’m sure that’s going to come – but we got the win. We’ve played some pretty good footy this year, we’ve beaten some really good sides and we’ve played a good three quarters for most of the year.
we’ve played a good three quarters for most of the year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Simpson. I remember when he he started at the Eagles and was pissed off with 80 point wins. I miss that guy.
Honestly, what would you really want him to say to the media? Gone are the days when you can give your club a good bake and not cop it all week from the picky media. He would know exactly where his team is at. They're a middle of the road team. Anyone not in the top 5 is making up the numbers in the finals this year.
I do agree though- it'd be great if he came out and said exactly what his team is... but that won't happen.
Ambrose Burnside

I'd be OK with what he says to the media if team selections made sense. I won't go into all of them because I'll be here forever, but LeCras was a late withdrawal vs Carlton due to injury, so he brings Wellingham in. And plays him as a permanent forward in LeCras' role. Now a) Wellingham has played his entire West Coast career in defence and b) Josh Hill, a permanent forward, was available.

:?

He has played the youth in the second half of the season a lot more, so I will give him that, but LeCras went about 6 weeks without a goal and didn't get dropped :? Cripps copped a big injury in Round 1 I think it was, came straight back into the team without having to come back via the WAFL, and stunk it up too :? Meanwhile Partingon was getting 25 touches and a couple of goals in the WAFL, and held that form for a couple of months, before *finally* getting his chance.

Promising signs for next year though. (Big) Willie Rioli booted 4 goals in his WAFL debut after a couple of weeks in the reserves coming back from a hammy, and Jake Waterman booted a couple and took some big marks in what I believe was his first WAFL game of the year coming back from injury. He made his WAFL debut last year before being drafted as a father-son. Our first pick from the 2016 draft, Daniel Venables was on the cusp of an Eagles debut this year before hurting his foot, and the Eagles have been ultra-conservative with him, so hopefully he has a big preseason and plays well next year.

Back in 2014, Cox's last year and Simpson's first, Simpson played Cox, Nic Nat and Lycett. Cox was in god-awful form and it seemed that Simpson was forced to play him by the powers that be even though three ruckmen is a retarded idea and it cost us wins. Maybe I'm venturing into GameHED territoy, but I see similar patterns now with Priddis. And even LeCras.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

One of the most one sided umpiring displays I've seen in a while. Frees 21-6 Adelaide's way and they still can't win.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

What was Sydney paying to make the finals when they where 0-6?? Or let alone Premiers??
Ambrose Burnside

I love it when teams get hyped us as the next dynasty then fail miserably.

Good one doggies.
Ambrose Burnside

So Buddy went nuts and booted 10 putting him 5 goals up on Kennedy.

The way this pack of gutless wonders have gone over the last couple of years, I predict the Eagles will win by 2 goals and JK will kick 4.9, thus missing out on finals by some ridiculously tiny percentage, with no consolation threepeat Coleman for JK either.
Ambrose Burnside

Well the JK prediction came true with a 1.4 return to choke in his quest for the Coleman threepeat but WE'RE IN THE FINALS BABY!!! :up: :up: :up:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

U gonna regret making it against mighty Port
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

No ones stopping Sydney are they...?

Hopefully we beat the Tigers on their homeground, don't wanna meet Sydney the following week.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Dons blew a win against Sydney in Sydney the last time they played. Remember the Goddard smothered kick out? Essendon do ok against Sydney up there. :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

AFL Season 2014

Also the WC result does nothing to diminish the argument that all final round games should be played at the same time. Good on them for sneaking in. Poor Melbourne.
Ambrose Burnside

Froggy wrote:U gonna regret making it against mighty Port
We have a good record at Adelaide Oval :)
Ambrose Burnside

If the Eagles can't go all the way I wouldn't mind an Adelaide premiership. The murder of Phil Walsh, the death of Jacobs' brother just this week. Four coaches in five years. They've lost a lot of really good players including Patrick Dangerfield. They've been through hell and back and have built a squad that's earned a home prelim without resorting to rebuilding. And like the Eagles they have a dominant ex-Carlton forward making the Blues look stupid :up:

And Don Pyke is a two-time West Coast Premiership player and was a Club Champion in the early 90s golden age of the club. He could play.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

For Essendon to win they'd need to beat Sydney at home, winner of Cats v Tigers, Crows at home then the GF. Should that not happen I suspect Geelong are most likely to win it all this year.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Essendon aside I'll barrack for a Tigers flag. Brutal draw for a third place finish though.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Oh dear.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Well that was certainly an epic game of footy I just attended but if Port don't fuck off our shit awful coach we'll never go anywhere. Fuck you Luke Schuey you ducking piece of shit.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

I told you we had a good record at Adelaide Oval :)

Kinda like how your mob had a good record against non-finalists :)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

AFL Season 2014

Wish Essendon finished eighth. :(
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

We would have beaten Essendon easy. Hinkley's love for midgets would have matched up far better.

Our "coach" has been hard to follow at best this year as to what exactly he is trying to do besides make it almost impossible for his own team to score a goal through a normal path of play. His game plan is to kick to the pockets and make it nigh on impossible for any crumbing goals and any easy shots on goal. He then refuses to play for the entire season more than 1 tall, then when he does he plays a rookie for a few games and then gives him the CHF spot in a final and he struggles against a huge West Coast backline. He also then loses our two best defenders to injury and goes EVEN SHORTER at selection which left me thinking we had no hope and yep what do you know we lost it by an absolute aerial rapage because he thinks that 5ft 5 guys like Sam Gray and Jake Neade are lead up forwards. The guys a fucking shit coach who it's clear the tactical brains behind Port in 13, 14 were Richo and Walsh and Hinkley is like a Neil Craig no plan B on match day. The kicker is starting westhoff loose in the backlines at the first bounce where he is conceeded that he has gone in too short as the game starts when he could have picked Trengove to play CHB where he has played his entire career until this year Hinkley thinks he'll make him a forward which after a few rounds it was clear to everyone that he is not a forward at all, thus the double whammy of fucking up the finals and Trengove walking because I sure as hell wouldn't hang around for a coach who is as stubborn as Hinkley.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Surely tonight the swans take the win... I couldn't see the cats beating the swans. Admittedly it wasn't against much last week, but that 15 minute patch last week in the 2nd term the swans showed what they can truly do to teams. It was awesome to see. The cats are soft. Too reliant on too few. And fuck Henderson and Swans to win tonight!

GWS MUST win tomorrow. They're the AFL darlings- a hand made team engineered to win flags. They have the best list yet don't seem to play as a team. WCE are not a great team that should be extremely proud to have made it as far as they have so far but I think GWS might just get over the line playing at home. But I wouldn't be surprised if the WCE pull an upset. Still, GWS for me.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Can't see the Cats pulling it off tonight, I'll be barracking hard, but just can't see it happening. Still expecting the Swans to win the GF
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

guttermouth wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
My thoughts exactly! Did not see that coming from both teams. Well done cats! But still- fuck you Henderson and Tuohy.