AFL Season 2018

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: AFL Season 2018

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Sweeeet win Cats, fucken Selwood is a machine...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hawkins gets a nice little holiday, surely.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

If Toby Green can get away with eye gouging, then Will Schofield will probably get suspended because his head was in Hawkins' way.

Geelong, the worst minor premiers ever, are going to get spanked by Richmond.

A Richmond vs Collingwood Grand Final is going to be the worst :down:

On the Brissie bandwagon fo sho
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Hawkins to appeal and walk away with a fine
Peppermint Lounge
The End

AFL Season 2018

I’d be happy if Luke Hodge tonight thinks ‘I’ve got four premierships, fuck it’ and laid Greene out.
Ambrose Burnside

So Greene has been reported for "unreasonable and unnecessary contact TO THE EYES" following the game against Brisbane.

You can't make this shit up.

By far my most hated player in the league. Also has an extremely punchable face.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Toby Greene's manager:

“There’s a lot of little acts that you say don’t look good but they look unsavoury. I cannot work out why there’s a week suspension on that except for ‘we gave you the benefit of the doubt last week, you’re back here again, here’s a week’.”

Says he can't work it out then immediately explains it to himself.
Ambrose Burnside

Now that Greene is out I don't feel dirty about jumping on the GWS bandwagon. I'm also friends with WA's only GWS supporter (surely!), so kinda want them to win for her.

Really hoping for a GWS vs Geelong Grand Final, though I don't like my chances :(

Failing that, no matter who loses out of Collingwood or Richmond will be hilarious. Collingwood because Fuck Eddie and Colliwobbles, Richmond because it will mean an Essendon 1999-2001 type run :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

The other amusing takeaway from the Greene drama is hearing GWS are unfairly being targeted by the AFL. Seriously. No sporting franchise has benefited from more leg ups and free publicity. 'Greater Western Sydney' - sounds more like a street directory than a football club.

Give me a Richmond v Collingwood GF because it'll be the biggest show in years. I'd like Collingwood to win because Buckley deserves at least one premiership medal around his neck. Hardwick one of my favourite players so happy for his further success should it eventuate.

Thanks for harking back to the most dominant season in league history, btw. :up:
Ambrose Burnside

A couple of cracking Prelims :up:

Fuck off Collingwood :lol:

All aboard the GWS express :lol: :up:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Eat shit Buckley......still no Premiership
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Seeing Toby Greene hyperventilating after GWS' win last night made me realise how much I want to see him play in a losing grand final.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

So now Rioli is trouble from his second sample with a banned substance found. There goes his reason for tampering with his piss
Ambrose Burnside

With the ACT legalising marijuana, Willie has already put in a trade request to GWS :nanarasta:

I love Grand Final week. Completely different feeling to when you're a neutral. Less stressful for one :lol:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Hey Guys,
A buddy of mine has 2 fully paid tickets for the AFL Grand Final in a private box with all food and refreshments included.
Unfortunately, he didn't realise when he bought them that it is on the same day as his wedding, so he can't go.
If you're interested and want to go instead of him,
Spoiler!
it is at 2pm at St Paul’s Catholic Church, Coburg and her name is Jen.
Ambrose Burnside

Shit Grand Final.

Prelims were great.

Shit season.

Bring on Trade Week and Tim Kelly :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

A shame the umps missed the throw that set up GWS’ winning goal in the Brisbane semi. We’d have been saved that debacle.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Hope Kelly ends up at Freo. 2 first round picks coming our way..
Ambrose Burnside

The Eagles will be able to offer Geelong whatever it was Geelong gave Adelaide for Dangerfield. And Dangerfield was (and arguably still is) a legit top 5 player in the comp, and as good as Kelly is, he's not.

If Freo want to sell their future on a guy who will retire before they're able to challenge again, more power to them :lol:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Wells, expanding on his initial thoughts on a potential trade, says West Coast's pick No.14 and their first-round selection in next year's draft won't get the deal done.

Any players offered up in exchange are also unlikely to satisfy Geelong, given Andrew Gaff has shut down the possibility of moving on from the Eagles.

So where does that leave the early negotiations?

Determined to "do what's best for the Geelong footy club", Wells has flagged two picks inside the top 10 of this year's draft as a starting point.
Time to play hard ball. Freo has pick 4(He only wants to go home to Perth), if not in the trade Kelly goes and ends up at Gold Coast. Shiels went for pick 9+12 last year and Kelly is miles above him.
Ambrose Burnside

There is no way in the world Gold Coast are crazy enough to pick him up. That's just not a realistic outcome.

Interesting a homesick player nominating a club is only an issue when it's a West Australian nominating West Coast :lol: No one bats an eye when Dangerfield or Ablett or Rohan or that tubby Saint pick Geelong, or Patton picks Hawthorn or *insert millions of other examples here* but Tim Kelly picks the Eagles? OH SHIT THE SKY IS CAVING IN :lol:

The Eagles will pay unders as Kelly is uncontracted and Freo have all but conceded they're out of the race. Welcome to what the rest of the comp has been putting up with since the game went national. Peeps talk about homesickness but it's something that's only ever benefited the (big, usually) Victorian clubs. No star has ever requested a trade to the Eagles, unless you count Ross Glendinning when we first started. Kennedy and Yeo became stars only after we got our hands on them. Coniglio, Buddy, Rance, Swallow, Cripps etc etc etc none of the best WA players will ever come home. Except Kelly, who is a step down from the top tier. In the Eagles midfield alone he will be below Shuey, Yeo and Gaff, but above Redden and Sheed. And he's already what? 26? He'll only have about 4-5 years left in him.

If Geelong go full crazy it'll be a Luke Ball situation where he walked out of the Saints and Collingwood draft him with the pick they offered St Kilda anyway. And St Kilda got nothing. No one else drafted him before then because clubs aren't dumb.

In short, suck it :dblthumbs:

PS: I suspect 2019 + 2020 first rounders will get it done. Geelong posturing in the media to satisfy their batshit supporter base (seriously, check out the abuse his wife and kids are copping on social media, it's disgusting). Eagles haven't said a word publicly because they never do at this time of year. A deal will get done.

PPS: If Geelong weren't involved in this, then the weak as shit FIGJAM of an AFLPA president would have been on his soapbox all week talking about the importance of family and mental health.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Does anyone here rate Joe Daniher? Hugely overrated IMO and I’m not unhappy to see him leave EFC.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Addition by subtraction. The team won't lose a thing other than a shitty moustache.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Does anyone here rate Joe Daniher? Hugely overrated IMO and I’m not unhappy to see him leave EFC.
He has so much potential. He could turn a game on its head, yet he seems far too disinterested half the time. He would be a massive get for 17 other clubs though. I'd be a happy dons man with him staying. Get his body right and head right and he will give you a massive 2020.