What Have You Been Drinking?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

What Have You Been Drinking?

Post by AgOnNy »

I can say that as a community, we're all grown ups (according to our birth certificates anyhow). So I thought why not share some of the finer things in life that we pour down our gullet's :shots:

I enjoy a beer here & there, but I find it makes me feel bloated & sleepy. Been having fun lately with all the different cider's on tap (traditional of course, you can keep your elderflower shit). However, I do love my spirits. I'm a big fan of whisky, particularly scotch & extremely fond of anything Bunderberg Rum.

Lately I've been drinking Dos Equis Ambar for a beer.
It's from Mexico but nothing like Corona. Actually started by a German guy making his own Vienna style lager, very refreshing & after a few it can give you a great buzz (4.5%). You can find it at a local Dan Murphy's for $45 or so for a case (I swear it's crept up from $38!!).

On the way home I popped into Dan Murphy's to find something for my mates birthday. As I'm wandering around the whisky section I realise they now sell the extremely smooth (think vanilla & toffee) Canadian Crown Royal Whisky! I've had it before with the same mate at his dad's place, he gets the odd bottle sent over as a care package from his family in Canada. Always enjoyed it but kicking myself I didn't bring some back from the US last year.

Anyhow, I noticed they had the Crown Royal Maple (40%) variant in stock. I've never tried it before, but I've been known to try chugging maple syrup outta the bottle so I lost my shit right there. Grabbed a bottle (forgot about my mates present...), opened the box just now, slid the bottle out of the traditional felt-like bag (this one is brown rather than the classic purple), opened it up & took a whiff. Oh my, so much maple aroma flowing out of this thing. Literally finished my first glass & over the moon. So smooth, classic Crown Royal flavour with the lingering maple aftertase. I seriously want to cook up a batch of pancakes & pour this bottle all over. It's that fucking, good.

Next on my list is to stock up on some cases of American beer (I go to town on Sierra Nevada & Anchor Steam when in San Francisco) & waiting patiently on my bottle of Sullivans Cove French Oak Port Cask Whisky (47.5%) from Tasmania. It was rated the world's best single malt, first time a winner has been outside of Scotland or Japan.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: What Have You Been Drinking?

Post by Cletus »

Nil by mouth
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Doesn't have to be alcohol mate. If you have a secret fondness for strawberry milk, that's ok...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Water, lots of it. Occasionally mixed with a protein/carb supplement.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Pretty lame, Milhouse.

XXXX Gold is my staple. I love the stuff. I am also a simple man. If I'm feeling a bit fancy I'll go either a 150 Lashes or Chancer, but not usually. I also have a love of bundy rum, though I don't drink that as often these days as it generally means the night is large if I'm drinking that. It goes good with ginger beer, aka Dark and Stormy.

I am quite partial to scotch too. Love it with a bit of ginger ale. Shit, even gin. Actually, I like most alcomohols but I tend not to stray from just Golds, James Squire's or even Pure Blonde.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Unless its bog standard JD or Jim Beam, I don't add anything with my whisky's. Keep it neat. Probably also to do with the collection I have, mostly top shelf stuff.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Bundy Rum all the way, by far.
Occasionally switch to OP when I want to get really messed up (plus it tastes better).

Aside from that, lots and lots of water.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Nice. No top shelf stuff for me Aggs so it's mixxersssss all the way.

I'm also a fan of Captain Morgan's and Mount Gay rum, rum drinkers.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

My current drink of choice (other than just beer) is this:

I think it's had shit reviews from connoisseurs but fuckit, no point letting some highbrow boffin tell me what I should and shouldn't like. Besides, I'm guessing it's probably not as good straight but I'm mixing it with Coke so to me it just tastes like WT but with a little spice and a slight chocolatey aftertaste.

When not that, just plain Wild Turkey.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Drink reviews are as retarded as music reviews.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'm usually a beer drinker. Coopers Pale was my go-to, and I often grab a Melbourne Bitter when the opportunity presents itself, but not many places around here have either on tap anymore so I usually go for a 150 Lashes or a Golden Ale. If it's a hot day and I just want to pump beers like there's no tomorrow, I'll go with XXXX Gold and all the public ridicule it brings in NSW. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

Also a fan of ciders (Monteith's is probably my fave), but I find it hard to have a whole night on them. It must be apple cider- every pear cider I've tried has been fucking revolting except one, but I can never remember which one it was so I don't like taking the gamble.

As far as spirits go, there's usually a decent bottle of vodka in the house, but I'm most of the way through one of these at the moment:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I like Wild Turkey, but damn, my sweat smells fucking appalling the next day. I can't drink it because of that.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just had 400mls of water mixed with creatine monohydrate and whey protein isolate. It's a Dymatize Label 2015 vintage protein, and I have to say the infusion of that into the water made it feel composed and varietal, the rusticity was just about right. It was quite a wild expression of chocolate, a full and broad aroma accompanied the taste.

Underneath it doesn't taste herbal or even cloudy with the addition of the creatine, more just chocolaty, the aftertaste a little prickly but with enough softening chocolate flavour to give generosity, finishing very sharply defined (but not harsh).

All up this is a smart shake. It's just a little tart and those edges are indeed just a little angular, but much goodness to be had. Even better next time I think. 8/10
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol: yummy
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Saw this the other day. Have yet to try it :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

The US is so nuts for cheap good alcohol.

Crazy cheap really good champagne, excellent local microbrews... and crazy cheap spirits. $40 for 1.75L of Belvedere, $25 for 1.75L of Bombay Sapphire.

And Dos Equis is less than $9 a 6 pack here, or $15 for 12. Sapporo is $6 for 6 at Trader Joe's.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Candy Arse wrote:Just had 400mls of water mixed with creatine monohydrate and whey protein isolate. It's a Dymatize Label 2015 vintage protein, and I have to say the infusion of that into the water made it feel composed and varietal, the rusticity was just about right. It was quite a wild expression of chocolate, a full and broad aroma accompanied the taste.

Underneath it doesn't taste herbal or even cloudy with the addition of the creatine, more just chocolaty, the aftertaste a little prickly but with enough softening chocolate flavour to give generosity, finishing very sharply defined (but not harsh).

All up this is a smart shake. It's just a little tart and those edges are indeed just a little angular, but much goodness to be had. Even better next time I think. 8/10
Chuck 60mL of dark rum in that next time, you've got yourself a great cocktail.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I read this thread title as:
"What!? Have You Been Drinking?"
everytime.

In before:
/that'swhatshesaid.