FADS

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: FADS

Post by Cletus »

Has racism been changed to mean the same thing as bigotry?

People act like Muslims are a specific race.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

-------------------------------------
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

There you go Itch knows exactly what I mean.....
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Don't get me started on that shit.

Mazda and VW logos that have been turned into devils.
Love heart-shaped chrome exhaust tips.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

FADS

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I like Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins. They're right to say it's not racist to express valid criticism of Islam. But that's Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins. Anyone could throw a blanket over a Reclaim Australia or United Patriots Front rally and reel in racist morons hiding under 'Islam is not a race' placards.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yes, good point. They are hiding their real motivations.

I'd like the conversation to be more like the video posted because there is fair and valid criticism toward Islam.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

my problem with Dawkins is that he's all "woo woo islam causes terrorism" and then wonders why people less intelligent than himself run with it and say that all muslims are terrorists.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Cletus wrote:Yes, good point. They are hiding their real motivations.

I'd like the conversation to be more like the video posted because there is fair and valid criticism toward Islam.
You can't. As Pep said, you need to be a distinguished person otherwise you're simply racist.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

So if theoretically Unfunk (random example) were to totally slag off the Catholic church or post a diatribe based on a decision influenced by the Christian faith, that's racism? It's works across the board I assume? Antisemitism is just racism now?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

well, no. Anti-Semitism is kinda a weird area though, because you can be a Jew, but not Jewish. You could certainly claim that it's a form of racism.

The "Islam is not a race" thing is a convenient excuse for Reclaim Australia members and the like to be bigoted arsefaces to brown people in public but then claim innocence when called out on it.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Probably, in the case of Reclaim Australia. I don't know why we keep going back to them, are people who hate Islam inherently tied to Reclaim Australia?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

no, but they're certainly the most visible group of bigoted fucknuts around.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Cletus wrote:Antisemitism is just racism now?
Not just, but can be according to Wikipedia:

"Antisemitism (also spelled anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as an ethnic, religious, or racial group. "
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Christians too? I'm just getting to the idea that if speaking against what someone believes (spiritually) is then labelled racism, it's not that far a step to be racist for hating a politician for their policy.

Yeah Hercy, you still need to be of the Jewish faith to fall victim to Antisemitism, (Also spelled ANTYSEMETIZM by a Jewish rapper, somewhere...I assume) you can't not be Jewish and be a victim of Antisemitism.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

(latest pew poll data)

Islam is bigotry, that's why I don't like it.

There are white muslims. The largest muslim nation is Asian. There are arab muslims, african muslims and south american muslims.

Which race do I apparently hate when I criticise the regressive ideals described above?

Also, regarding criticisms of Christianity, obviously that's not racism because you can't be racist towards white people remember?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ty-discuss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Btw, there has been a development in the 'Bahar Mustafa' incident (why does she sound like a fucking Disney villain?)

Basically she was charged for sending a threatening communication in the form of the hash tag '#killallwhitemen'.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... emen-tweet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A student diversity officer who came to prominence in a race row after allegedly tweeting the hashtag #killallwhitemen has been charged by police with sending a threatening communication.
Ironically, all the white men and shitlords and neckbeards and libertarians started the hashtag #IStandWithBaharMustafa because, consistant with their ideals they believe in freespeech and that this hateful little cunt should be able to say what she wants.

Funnily enough Bahar Mustafa's affinity for free speech was found all of a sudden, whilst claiming that she's always believed in it, she still insisted however that 'no platforming' is still important to feminism.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/bahar-mu ... erview-893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it's not true, I am absolutely for free speech and I think that these people who accuse me have a very misguided understanding of free speech. I don't condone anyone being in prison for what they said – whether it's a far-right extremist or a fascist. I do not have that power – I am not the state. People like me don't have that power and I absolutely believe in free speech.

No platforming, however, is a practice that the far left organisations and feminist movements have been practicing for a while and it is something that I do believe in.
She should be careful saying that she doesn't think that you should face legal consequences for free speech, because the most pre-eminent feminsts right now would love to censor the internet to protect feminists feelings.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ensorship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Cletus wrote:Christians too? I'm just getting to the idea that if speaking against what someone believes (spiritually) is then labelled racism, it's not that far a step to be racist for hating a politician for their policy.

Yeah Hercy, you still need to be of the Jewish faith to fall victim to Antisemitism, (Also spelled ANTYSEMETIZM by a Jewish rapper, somewhere...I assume) you can't not be Jewish and be a victim of Antisemitism.
yeah, but Jews are a special case. You can be a Jew and a rabid atheist. You can have no trace of Israelite ancestry and be a Jew. It's not like any other mainstream religious or ethnic group (except possibly Sikhs).

It's certainly not racist to be hating on Christians, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Bhuddists or Baha'i (or whatever), just because of their faith. But like I said above, that's mostly just an excuse bandied about by pig-headed morons that think it's a clever excuse to hate on brown people with no repercussions. After all, we don't see them protesting the building of churches, tabernacles, or meeting halls despite the very real danger of child molesters infesting such places. Muslims? A teeny tiny micropercentage of them are bad, and therefore shouldn't be allowed to build their places of worship!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

"And it’s what I call the racism of low expectations: to lower those standards when looking at a brown person if a brown person happens to express a level of misogyny, chauvinism, bigotry, or anti-Semitism and yet hold other white people to universal liberal standards. The real victim of that double standard are the minority communities themselves because by doing so we limit their horizons; we limit their own ceiling and expectations as to what they aspire to be; we're judging them is somehow that their culture is inherently less civilized; and, of course, that we are tolerating bigotry within communities and the first victims of that bigotry happen to be those who are weakest from among those communities."
Progressives who go in to bat for Muslims on every issue are actually very frustrating for truly liberal Muslims, according to Maajid Nawaz.

http://bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz ... 1447870498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great episode of Sam Harris' podcast, this one is a response to the France jihad attacks
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His newer episode since then is very good too.

Unfnk: Please view this video and tell me what you think " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People who claim only a 'tiny percentage' of muslims are shit please address the points in this video:
Paul Joseph Watson on point again.

The new pew polls are very damning for muslims right now. It's not a tiny minority, it's the vast majority. Please update your views or GTFO.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Sam Harris and Maajid Nawaz on Lateline confronting Tony Jones about 'regressive leftists' who go in to bat for Islam on every issue.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/ ... 341076.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was actually very brave of Jones, given when they say 'regressive leftists they mean people exactly like Jones.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yes, but itch, have you considered the fact that you yourself are bonkers?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

mmmmmmmmmmno
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Do me a favour, digest what I posted and then give me a brief opinion on all of it. Start with the live leak video, then the Paul Joseph watson, then the Sam Harris/Maajid Nawaz stuff.

Take your time.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm a Catholic and an athiest. I may even have roman bloodlines considering my ye Olde English name and heritage. No real point to that...just sayin'.

But here's where I like to look outside of this vocal group. Reclaim...whatever they call themselves.

[gameHED]

They represent an underlying panic. I have a son, I now truly understand fear and I've died before. We might blame American foreign policy. That'd be fair. Maybe even apply the same line of thought across the seas to the Muslims bombed because of AFP. But the reason is lost in the fear. There are Muslims looking to do harm. It's played up by the media and in the end it's what people can react to. They're reacting against a religion they're told wants to kill them. They're told it's not all Muslims that think this way, just "some". Their imams and sheikhs often refuse to distance themselves from that "some". And when that "some" put their minds to it, it's utterly horrendous. Try to tell a man who lost his wife and son in a massacre that it's not really their [Muslims] fault. These people aren't racist. They're in fear and while their approach and reasoning is probably utterly misguided, this is about a religion and what that religion represents to them. What it does do is silences reasonable discussion. But while America does what it does and countries act as allies, this will not stop. And while the retaliation is "God's Work" it's religious. The fight is about religion on both sides. And applying the term racist to either side is wrong to begin with but applying it to one and not the other is just taking sides which is exactly what you seem to be against.
[/gameHED]
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

itch wrote:Do me a favour, digest what I posted and then give me a brief opinion on all of it. Start with the live leak video, then the Paul Joseph watson, then the Sam Harris/Maajid Nawaz stuff.

Take your time.
Call it the GameHED effect if you will, but I don't watch videos embedded in walls of text posted by... people of questionable mental stability on the internets.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Ahh, the willfully ignorant. You gotta love em.