The Force Awakens - 20 x better than the prequels!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: The Force Awakens thread - Better than the prequels!

Post by GameHED »

Some interesting theories here:
Finn knowing how to use lightsaber is big disapointment. Storm troopers are gun nuts. Let him try to shoot Kylo the way fett got into fight with obi wan in the prequel movies. They could have made it into a tech vs magic battle. (like megaman x fighting against megaman zero - guns vs beamsaber duel)

Yes at the beginning of Foce Awakens we clearly see Kylo freeze a blast with his mind, (giving the mage the appearance he is unstoppable) but that was one shot. A person with a strong will to fight can overcome the villain with high faith and persistence ....or if it's a robot with high enough firepower it can at least keep a jedi pinned down so his focus is affected enough by distractions to make them less deadly because thier attention is divided.. eg in episode 1 you see those droid deka robots with the energy shields and rapid fire guns attack together in co-ordinated fashion to protect the chinese aliens and it causes qui-gon and obiwan to flee.

And the clone troopers kill jedi with order 66 in episode 3 while they are distracted by fighting on the battlefield with only yoda being aware enough to get out unscathed. (obi wan just got lucky, the clone soldiers were lousy shots and plot armour saved him just like the ewoks who could beat the storm troopers in Return of the Jedi by the troopers acting like retards) Let's not forget that general grievious dude almost beat obiwan, but obiwan used a common blaster to the gut to finish that fight. Yes it's "uncivilised" to some but practical if it means you are going to lose without falling back on one as last resort. :P Guns can be just as good if the gunman doesn't underestimate his target and treat the opponent as just usual guy but respects thier magic ability. If it's good enough for indiana jones then it should be good enough for Finn.
They could change Finn into Mace Windu 2.0 but who uses ranged weapons and Fett style gadgets over sabers.

Also I like the theory of becoming a space ghost or demon and inhabiting a new body to cheat death. (sort of like M.Bison in street fighter games) If Snoke is Palpatine's master in a new body that would be interesting.
For those who were paying attention quigon also contacted people from the dead at the end of prequel trilogy when luke and liea were babies. So perhaps there are wars going on in the world of the afterlife between demon and angelic entities who watch over the battles in the physical world. And this snoke guy is trying to resurect dead sith by using knowledge of space necromancy to prolong thier life and influence. The ghost then inhabit the body of vulnerable kids who don't have thier defenses up and hear thier voices in thier heads to influence thier decision-making, which the sith can use to tempt them to go dark and to murder thier jedi buddies through assassination of VIPs which weakens the good guys.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Vince wrote:And why did he give away his light saber to that stupid cgi character to conveniently place in a box for Rey to conveniently find...
That was his blue lightsaber, the one he lost on Bespin.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I agree with Vince, there are way to many plot holes and convenient scenarios which stand out badly on repeat viewings. It's probably why the film feels like fan fiction more than a true continuance of the star wars story line.

The way things are setup right now, I don't have a lot of interest in the next few installments and from what I read Disney plans to do quite a few movies now.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

stanard wrote:
Vince wrote:And why did he give away his light saber to that stupid cgi character to conveniently place in a box for Rey to conveniently find...
That was his blue lightsaber, the one he lost on Bespin.
Quite correct you are sir. My mistake. Still extremely convenient it lands there, Han conveniently captures (finds) Rey and Finn and, of all the places to take them both, takes them to a little dive that somehow happens to have Luke's light saber...
Again, better film than the prequels but this kind of poor story telling gets a pass yet Lucas continually gets raked over the coals for the same shit... This isn't a tv show where we can wait until next week for the continuing story and we can leave questions unanswered. We need to wait 2 years to (hopefully) find out what all this bullshit means! And that is NOT good story telling. That's lazy and puts pressure on Rian Jhonson (sp?) to come up with answers to help make this film more coherent.

That people are placing this in their top 10 films of the year is just mind boggling to me.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

This will help explain Rey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

That's not what happened though - which actually raises bigger questions. It's Luke's sabre from Eps 4 & 5, which is Anakin's sabre from Eps 2 & 3. It was lost in the fucking butts when Vader cut his hand off at the end of Empire Strikes Back!

...and while I'm at it, why isn't Leia some kind of Jedi Master too, by now?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Here's the real question, when are these two going to bone?

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

they've known each other for not much longer than the length of time it takes to deorbit, and they're best buds already.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

unfnknblvbl wrote:they've known each other for not much longer than the length of time it takes to deorbit, and they're best buds already.
That's another thing that got to me- their super quick friendship. Finn saying he's had enough being a first order trooper then goes about blowing his "friends" up escaping!

FFS plinkett tears apart the prequel trilogy yet really enjoyed this film! What fucking planet do we live on?!? Did he watch it through critical eyes or nostalgic eyes?

Anyway, my wife really wants to see it with me so I'm going to watch it again. I'll try watch it through less critical eyes but it's going to be hard. I'm really trying to enjoy it and change my opinion in my mind as its Star Wars but, I just can't overlook so many silly things.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

ITT: People nit pick because Star Wars.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

People should be allowed to hold it with higher regard because it is star wars.

People aren't picking on it because it's cool, people are doing it because they enjoyed the original films so much.

POE BITES HIS FRIGGING BOTTOM LIP WHEN HE CHECKS OUT FINN IN HIS JACKET FFS!

Apparently Poe was meant to die when they crashed on Jakku, but J J came up with an idea to keep him in the film. I thought it was super weird when he magically turned up at the end of the film.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

In that case people should be nitpicking ESB and why the Empire sent clunky AT-ATs to destroy the bunkers shields instead of ships and how did the AT-ATs appear on the surface when they couldn't fly? Or and how Luke Skywalker just so happens to crash land right in Yodas postcode when he couldn't see shit. Nevermind the fact that the Millennium Falcon couldn't pick up Slave 1 in their vicinity when leaving the dumped garbage when "no ship that small has a cloaking device".

Then there is Stormtroopers armor, useless, blasters penetrate, even the Ewoks primitive weapons sticks and stones can defeat them.

Fucking inconsistent shit franchise.

etc etc.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

t0mby wrote:In that case people should be nitpicking ESB and why the Empire sent clunky AT-ATs to destroy the bunkers shields instead of ships and how did the AT-ATs appear on the surface when they couldn't fly? Or and how Luke Skywalker just so happens to crash land right in Yodas postcode when he couldn't see shit. Nevermind the fact that the Millennium Falcon couldn't pick up Slave 1 in their vicinity when leaving the dumped garbage when "no ship that small has a cloaking device".

Then there is Stormtroopers armor, useless, blasters penetrate, even the Ewoks primitive weapons sticks and stones can defeat them.

Fucking inconsistent shit franchise.

etc etc.
Those are in a great film so they're easily forgiven or overlooked. Plus they're so well done in a great film!

What isn't easily forgiven is after Poe miraculously crash lands back on Jakku where he was originally sent with bb8, he miraculously survived and fucks off without searching for the droid every first order trooper and space character is searching for?!? He just up and leaves even though that map was the fucking basis of the film! Are you fucking kidding me??? Finn stumbled upon bb8 yet Poe just up and fucks off? How does that pass for good story telling? And you know why that happens? So we can see Han Solo and Chewie and the Millenium Falcon... That's why. You feel nostalgia and you will like this film!
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

All that's stuff's in the novelisation, which means it was probably in the screenplay, possibly filmed and just didn't make the final cut. They only have two hours, surely they are entitled to rely on the viewers' imaginations to fill some of the gaps.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

GreyWizzard wrote:Here's the real question, when are these two going to bone?

EXACTLY. It didn't feel like friendship.. it was too much... It was serious flirting/I want your dick inside me stuff.

Trust me. I know about this stuff. t0mby knows a fair bit too.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:lol: :rocco: :lol:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
GreyWizzard wrote:Here's the real question, when are these two going to bone?

EXACTLY. It didn't feel like friendship.. it was too much... It was serious flirting/I want your dick inside me stuff.

Trust me. I know about this stuff. t0mby knows a fair bit too.
Oscar Isaac is actually a pretty attractive guy if I do say so myself. I'd go him!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Okay so here's the big question...

How would people feel if they actually made Poe gay?

I've been doing some reading/investigating and the shipping going on between Finn and Poe is very much a thing. How would you all react if they were the romance?

I honestly would lose my shit if they did it.. in a good way obviously.. but I can't see it happening since it is Disney and also.. FANBOYS.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I think you are confusing Disney with EA. EA needs to buy Star Wars off Disney first before they can make all the females ugly and then put gay stories and characters in their to win points with the gay fans of star wars.

Thanks to bioware selling out I can't play dragon Age now. I am a homophobic gamer who wants only lesbians not male-male shit. Fuck these SJW tards ARGH. Ruined batman, ruined Dragon Age, and now they are coming for mad max and star wars and soon ghosbusters where all male masculine heroes are made to look like jar jar binks. Just to pander to this one minority group.. Enough already.

They have the fan fiction for that stuff.

I will see this again tonight. Hopefully in the sequel there is a love triangle between C3P0 BB8 and R2D2 and they end up having a droid threesome to shock fans. Yes I am joking. I think a tv series should be made explaining the red arm for c3P0 and it has a more interesting story than the movie trilogy. This way if the movie bombs we can continue the epic adventure through the eyes of this character who sounds a bit gay and managed to survive so many wars. That way you get a hero who isn't female, isn't mascline hetero guy, (which makes feminist angry) and has no race and speaks every alien language. The safest character for disney to write for since everyone is so offended these days.
Last edited by GameHED on 29 Dec 2015 05:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Well to be fair.. us gays have way more money that straight white loser fanboys like you...

Glad to hear that you won't play a game due to a choice in the game that you don't have to make.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It all started with negative reviews for Duke Nukem Forever. That was the beginning of the fall for gaming. As soon as these SJWs saw that they felt a need to ruin all the great characters by criticising why they are white, why they are not gay, why they are not pro-feminism, and why they are not weaklings like them. (testosterone is seen as evil)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

When Poe appeared on screen again I assumed he was gay. In his interview with Ellen he seems to hint at some sort of romance to which the dude playing Finn kind of agrees with. That coupled with Poe meant to due but then J J has a reason to not kill him...

I'd be 100% fine with it. I can't see why there wouldn't be homosexuals in the SW universe.

I don't see Poe and Finn getting together but I imagine some romantic subplot.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

It doesn't need to be a huge deal.. just like in the Mass Effect/ Dragon Age series.. all other characters don't even bat an eyelid at the idea of same sex couples.

If they did it and made it as a side thing.. I'd be cool about it. It doesn't need to be a huge deal. I'd be annoyed if they made it overshadow the rest of the movie.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I imagine Disney is running some focus groups right now to work out if Finn hooks up with Rey or Poe.
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

Watched it a second time... still smiling. Yep... plot holes galore... but it was just, FUN.