NRL 2K16 - season over thank fuck

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NRL 2K16 - The Lime Green Force Awakens

Post by Candy Arse »

QLDers break curfew, NSWers fuck dogs, drink their own urine and lose 9 out of 10 series.

I know which one I'll take.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

At least we can catch a ball

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Of course NSWers can catch a ball, they got plenty of practice with how many times QLD were kicking off in Game 3 last year!
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

pilonv1 wrote:
The Queensland Rugby League has confirmed that Sharks flyer Holmes and Melbourne Storm young gun Cameron Munster will not be considered for selection this year after breaking curfew at the Emerging Origin squad camp in Brisbane.

New Maroons coach Kevin Walters said he hoped Holmes and Munster would learn a valuable lesson during their 12 months in Origin exile.
Disgusting QLDers :down:
Can't believe they are not considering for selection two players who they were never going to consider for selection.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

PARRAMATTA could lose four points before the start of the NRL season after apparent irregularities were reportedly found in Anthony Watmough’s contract.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:down: Those four points will probably cost us a top 4 spot
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Heh. Top 4?

Solid side with potential. But it would take ridiculous luck for them to be top 4.

I'm not sold on the halves pairing. They will likely have the same issue as the Dragons. Two running 5/8ths and no genuine half to lead and organize the team.

Throw in Watmough, Scott and Gordon who are older, a tad injury prone and past their best and I think they're looking at between 6th and 10th.

Jennings and Radradra could maybe lift them higher. That's going to be the best left edge in the comp.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

No need to tell us why they're not a top 4 side. A harder argument would be to explain how they're not going to contend for the spoon...again.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Surely no one thought I was serious. Maybe top 14
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Alright, the rest of the bans hurt a lot more. Hunt and Milford. Neither were probably going to get a start, but one of them probably would have been a bench warmer and the other 18th man.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Yeah i don't think those bans will change anything for QLD. None of those guys were likely to be picked unless there were a few injuries. The two best players banned would be Milf and Hunt. But when you consider:

6. Thurston
7. Cronk

Morgan and DCE first choice backups. Those guys were unlikely to even be a chance at the utility spot. Although based on DCE so far, he should be behind Hunt and Milf. He's the QLD Pearce.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'd be very surprised if Milf and Hunt haven't leapfrogged DCE. Brisbane would have to be going poorly and manly very well for DCE to be picked first. But it'd be a horses for courses approach. Morgan can cover 5/8, centres, fullback. Milf has more x-factor, covers Hooker, 5/8 and fullback, where Hunt covers Hooker, 6 and 7.

If Cronk gets injured then likely Morgan for the cowboys combo, if Cronk and JT are fit then they will probably want Milf to use late in the game. That's how I see it.

The great news is Brisbane definitely keeps their halves!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Madmya wrote:The great news is Brisbane definitely keeps their halves!
Hopefully they can hang on to them and not drop them
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't get it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Nines have been good fun, looks like Shaun Johnson is back
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:rock: :bow:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Well injuries are starting to mount for Panthers already.

Matt Moylan has a stress fracture in his back and is likely to miss the first 4 weeks of the season. 9+ months since his last NRL match :-(

George Jennings picked up an injury in the trial against the Bulldogs and is likely to miss the first 4 weeks. Which sucks as the Moylan injury opens a spot for him when DWZ drops to fullback.

Dean Whare has a calf strain and is in doubt for Round 1. I think he will play though.

Sione Katoa picked up an injury in the 9s and is unlikely to be back before R3. He would be our second choice hooker.

RCG is in doubt for Round 1 after missing the Eels trial.

A couple of fringe first grade possibilities in Moses Leota and Ben Garcia are injured. Garcia was actually a decent shot at the utility spot on our bench.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

You might need some new medical staff
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I've thought that for about 3 years now. It's not a one off season which could maybe be bad luck. It's every single year and some of the injuries picked up are ridiculous. Moylan hurt his back against the Bulldogs (Greg Eastwood with a bit of a dodgy tackle), we then played him 80 minutes against the Eels with a sore back only to later find out he had a stress fracture and will now miss the opening month of the season.

It's fucking ridiculous. Last year we did a similar thing with Jamie Soward. He had a sore back in 2014 and rather than send him for surgery, we tried to manage him through the pre-season and 2 weeks into the season his back is fucked and he needs to be sent for the surgery we could have had in the pre-season, instead he misses about 8 weeks and lost fitness and form in that time.

We tend to be horrible at managing existing injuries and at conditioning players to be less likely to get injured.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

That's pretty fucked, mx.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Yep. The club has become so professional in almost every area. But the training / medical / conditioning staff are probably the worst in the competition.

Full strength for us this year:

1. Matt Moylan - Season ending injury last year, injured in first trial back
2. Josh Mansour - Missed the pre-season last year with injuries. Returned in Round 3 and injured his knee. After returning for that knee injury he re-injured it again.
3. Peta Hiku -
4. Dean Whare - Missed a chunk of games last year through injury, first trial this year picks up a calf strain
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - The last 2 seasons have been cut short due to his lungs collapsing. Throw in a broken ankle in that period also
6. Jamie Soward - Had surgery on his back last year, was injured almost immediately after returning to action
7. Peter Wallace - Has had ACL injuries end his last 2 seasons for us, and another unrelated knee injury
8. Reegan Campbell-Gillard - Played the entire season last year, but has picked up an injury through the trials
9. James Segeyaro - Missed about 6 weeks last year with a knee injury
10. Suiai Matagi -
11. Bryce Cartwright - In 2014 suffered a serious season ending injury to his ankle. In 2015 had a lacerated kidney which ended his season
12. Elijah Taylor - in 2014 did his ACL, in 2015 missed a few more with another knee injury
13. Trent Merrin -

14. Jeremy Latimore - Barely missed a game for us
15. Leilani Latu - Yet to be injured in first grade for us
16. Tyrone Peachey - Season ending injury in 2014, don't remember any injuries last year
17. Isaah Yeo - Has played 31 games now almost all exclusively due to injuries to others

It just defies belief that we can have a roster full of players that are constantly injured, usually lengthy injuries and that nothing is done about it. That guys who were constantly injured with us, have put those injuries behind them and been able to remain on the field the majority of the time. Injuries can't be prevented 100%. But a professional club can do a lot to minimise the chances of injury.

My favorite is the players who were injured prone with us and have gone onto put the injuries behind them. Best example is Michael Gordon:

7 Seasons with Panthers for 108 games. Averaging 15.4 games per season
3 seasons with Sharks for 71 games. Averaging 23.6 games per season.

A player past his prime had managed to remain fitter almost instantly after leaving the club. 3 years on and his injury prone legs are a thing of the past. I think more than half our injuries are to legs. We have so many broken ankles, ACL injuries, hamstrings, calf strains etc. that it's ridiculous. 8 of those 17 players have had serious knee injuries in the past 2 years. There's alot more in the lower grades. Both Jennings boys had season ending leg injuries last year too.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

What's the deal with McKendry? Gone from starting to not even in the 17.

Latu did look good in pre-season though and I've always liked Matagi
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

No idea. He and Tim Grant were the best young props in the game. Timmy looked great in his Origin debut. Sammy looked great for New Zealand.

Gradually since 2012 they have turned to shit despite entering their prime years for a front rower.

I think Sam Mckendry has been down since he broke his neck against the Eels a couple years back. Plenty of time to have recovered.

Tim Grant sort of went downhill after Cleary started shopping him around and made him feel unwanted. I thought Souths would reignite his career. They ruined it even more.

Send them to the Storm or Broncos and they would be international quality in 6 months IMO. But as it stands they are both likely to be fringe first graders unless they get the right coach.