NRL 2K16 - season over thank fuck

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Re: NRL 2K16 Grand Final - Storm vs Raiders

Post by mxlegend99 »

The only win the Broncos could muster was literally gifted to them in the most one sided refereeing performance of all time to insure we got a Broncos vs Cowboys game in the finals series. No team has as many leg ups as the Broncos do. If all things were equal the Broncos would have been between 10th and 12th place. Broncos are underachievers.

Raiders will be better for the experience. Broncos will continue to slide down the ladder as players regress under Wayne Bennett. Anthony Griffin had Ben Hunt on his way to being the best halfback in the game... Wayne Bennett has turned him into a joke. But who doesn't love seeing a player drop a ball to lose a match? You enjoyed it with Edrick Lee (as did I), everyone enjoyed it when Ben Hunt did it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ignore the tween, he's trying a little too hard.

Raiders turned up to play and can hold their heads high.

Edrick Lee will cop it for that drop (which was right in front of me) but the damage was done well before then with the amount of home cooking that was served up.

A crusher tackle going unpenalised, Wighton being binned, Cronk possibly held up but why use the video ref, two different 10m applications, 2x penalty count.

Then you had the injuries and Hodgson clearly is still hobbled by that ankle.

And still to only lose by 2? Raiders showed real ticker.

Looking forward to us dominating in 2017 :up:

Hopefully the Western Bulldogs win both Grand Finals next week.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: NRL 2K16 - penalty to Melbourne

Post by Madmya »

Hahah wow, the guy who's team has had more gifted penalties than any in the league is blaming the refs! :lol:

Reality check: Wighton had to be binned and you're lucky Edrick Lee wasn't for a similar offence in the first half. Hodgson did the crusher to himself. Raiders had so much ball on the storm line and couldn't convert, it took an ugly broken down play to get their second try for crying out loud. A gift of a season has landed the raiders their first prelim appearance since the modern NRL started, and they blew it!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

We had our chances and the refs didn't hurt us as much as they did the Titans a few weeks ago but it was a shambles.

Still - we're a better team than the Broncos and next year we dominate :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:talezcry:

:fight:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I saw it when I watched the game on TV. Fair try.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:The only win the Broncos could muster was literally gifted to them in the most one sided refereeing performance of all time to insure we got a Broncos vs Cowboys game in the finals series. No team has as many leg ups as the Broncos do. If all things were equal the Broncos would have been between 10th and 12th place. Broncos are underachievers.

Raiders will be better for the experience. Broncos will continue to slide down the ladder as players regress under Wayne Bennett. Anthony Griffin had Ben Hunt on his way to being the best halfback in the game... Wayne Bennett has turned him into a joke. But who doesn't love seeing a player drop a ball to lose a match? You enjoyed it with Edrick Lee (as did I), everyone enjoyed it when Ben Hunt did it.

Anti-Broncos Derangement Syndrome. Hunt almost won Dally M last year, his first year with Bennett. I wonder what happened? It's almost as if there was a massive event that shook his confidence and took him a long time to get over. I wonder what that could have been....

I also didn't enjoy seeing what happened to Edrick Lee. He'll live with that for life, as will Ben Hunt, as will Cate Campbell. I enjoyed the delicious karma being dished out to Candy Arse. It was fucking classic!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Refs have been TERRIBLE this year, but last night they did their job.
I thought the cronk try was worth a look.

If I was a raiders fan i'd be ultra critical of wighton's decision (yes it was a decision) to get himself binned... that's 10mins all day long and that's all the storm needed, the fuckwit with the long GayFL sleeves scored an easy try.

then they gifted them an 8 point lead with a stupid penalty soon after.

and wighton again at the end taking the ball dead, WTF was he thinking?
Raiders would have had a 7 tackle set from the 20, but he takes it dead? 4 behind with 90 seconds to go in an elimination final... what a fucking idiot! :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Not sure Wighton is all there, that cracked me up too.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

His decision making is questionable at best, Lee made a mistake... Wighton choked.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Wighton absolutely needs work on his decision making.

I thought getting sent off for 10 in a prelim final was retarded, especially when a crusher tackle that gets replayed 50 times goes unpunished.

However that one at the end when he took the ball dead...terrible decision and one made in panic. At the other end of the scale, Rapana had a harder situation to deal with and he shadowed the ball perfectly into the dead ball area.

Wighton has a lot of potential and he has improved but he does need some coaching with his football IQ.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:The only win the Broncos could muster was literally gifted to them in the most one sided refereeing performance of all time to insure we got a Broncos vs Cowboys game in the finals series. No team has as many leg ups as the Broncos do. If all things were equal the Broncos would have been between 10th and 12th place. Broncos are underachievers.

Anti-Broncos Derangement Syndrome. Hunt almost won Dally M last year, his first year with Bennett. I wonder what happened? It's almost as if there was a massive event that shook his confidence and took him a long time to get over. I wonder what that could have been....

I also didn't enjoy seeing what happened to Edrick Lee. He'll live with that for life, as will Ben Hunt, as will Cate Campbell. I enjoyed the delicious karma being dished out to Candy Arse. It was fucking classic!
Hunt forced his way into the Australian team under Anthony Griffin and actually looked like the best player on the field when he played.

Last year he slowly regressed under Wayne Bennett. Still had a fine season but by the grand final he had become the joke we now know and love.

This year he continued on from where he left off and is nowhere near the player he was in 2014. Rumour is he wants to leave the Broncos for the Eels. Help resurrect his career under a decent coach. But he will only look at clubs who don't gibe a shit about the salary cap.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Lee will be fine, he didn't cost us the game same as Croker didn't in 2010 against the Tigers.

Ben Hunt literally gave a grand final away :lol:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

Candy Arse wrote:Wighton absolutely needs work on his decision making.

I thought getting sent off for 10 in a prelim final was retarded.
I don't have an issue with the decision, that's always 10 minutes and they are super consistent with that rule (unlike every other rule).
I hate crusher tackles but it isn't a professional foul, I don't think I've seen a player sin binned for a crusher tackle.

Fuck, I'm pissed Melbourne are in another grand final, raiders v sharkies would've been an awesome game.

Sharks better win this thing
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I didn't think anyone should get binned for the crusher, but not even a penalty being given was dumb.

Then again, the Storm defensive line being offside more often than not whilst touch judges were literally looking at them was also dumb.

I doubt the TV picked it up but there were two different 10 metres being enforced last night. It was fucked.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Up the Broncs.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 53ba69e540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johns and Lockyer - Storm were lucky, the better team lost.

Hard to argue.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 508d1b38d6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew Voss - Raiders robbed by ref inconsistency.

Hard to argue there too. Safe to say the best team in the NRL won't be lifting the trophy next week regardless of which boring team wins.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Nobody wanted Storm to win, had the roles been reversed nobody would be mentioning this stuff.

It was a sin bin every day of the week.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

westical wrote:Up the Broncs.

:up: :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:Hard to argue there too. Safe to say the best team in the NRL won't be lifting the trophy next week regardless of which boring team wins.
The GF was in week 2. Cowboys successfully defended their premiership in extra time.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Madmya wrote:

Hunt forced his way into the Australian team under Anthony Griffin and actually looked like the best player on the field when he played.

Last year he slowly regressed under Wayne Bennett. Still had a fine season but by the grand final he had become the joke we now know and love.

This year he continued on from where he left off and is nowhere near the player he was in 2014. Rumour is he wants to leave the Broncos for the Eels. Help resurrect his career under a decent coach. But he will only look at clubs who don't gibe a shit about the salary cap.
Why are you even arguing this? Are you trying to tell me Hook is better than Bennett? Only mxlogic can come to that conclusion.

And by the way, Hunt doesn't want to leave the Broncos, Bennett wants Ash Taylor.

(sorry for multiple posts)
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Who has the better roster this year? Panthers or Broncos?
I would say Broncos and by a huge margin. How many Panthers would be in a combined team?

When was Ben Hunt at his peak? I would say 2014 and it carried into 2015. Griffin developed him... and 2 years later he has gone backwards massively.

Which coach has a roster full of representative players and then uses that as an excuse for not winning? Thats an excuse for 3 games maximum.. although with byes around the Origin period and other teams being weakened also. Its a shitty excuse.

Wayne Bennett made a grand final from a squad built and developed by Anthony Griffin. He has then backed that up with an average season which you declared would have been a failure by his standards.

Panthers meanwhile well and truly overachieved. Making it to week 2 of finals with this roster shouldnt have been happening until 2017 at the earliest, with 2018 being when these kids should be ready to make a go of it. Compare our spines and tell me we should have gone as far as Broncos did.

Broncos went backwards after being the raging favorites for most of the year for a premiership. Panthers went just as far in a rebuilding year.

Having said all that...

I dont think for a moment Griffin is a better coach. I'm not convinced he can back up this season with another top 8 finish. But for the monent he has improved a roster that no one rated while Wayne Bennett has taken his backwards. So its fun to troll the Broncos. A year ago everyone had them set for this years grand final and were certain they would make up for choking in last years. Instead they were ultimately just making up the numbers.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

If only there was a Best & Fairest trophy.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd bet my Neo Geo on Penrith making the 8 next year.

They've got the talent, Gould has built a fantastic foundation and teams like Melbourne and Brisbane will regress/continue to regress.

Not sure about the signing of Tamau...he's the new Dave Taylor.