I went to see Pearl Jam tonight

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

I went to see Pearl Jam tonight

Post by Cletus »

At Rod Laver Arena...and though my love had dropped away by the time they released Binaural,I must say it was a sensational concert.

I got home from work and was cooking dinner and baiting MX in another thread when a friend called to say she had a spare ticket and nobody to sit with her-would I come.

I told her to call around first and let me know if she couldn't get anyone else and as it was,she couldn't.So I went.

They played almost all of TEN...and a fair cop of Vs, Vitalogy and mingled in some later songs I didn't know.

Jeremy,Even Flow,Alive,Corduroy,Spin the Black Circle and BLACK.

They played for the fans and they did a great job.

That's the third time I've seen them on tour.I saw them for the first two tours and they really know their shit,but they always have.

I'm so glad I went.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Indeed it was an awesome show. I went to Brisbane on Friday and again last night. Both shows where absolute gold. Going again tonight and Thursday. Ed suggested last week that they may play their entire live catalogue for the 3 Melbourne shows, so hopefully we will see 90+ songs over the 3 nights..........
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Re: I went to see Pearl Jam tonight

Post by jahooley »

Cletus wrote:They played almost all of TEN...
Nice :up: That's what I like to hear. TEN is a sensational album, I only have that and Vitalogy. The rest doesn't really do much for me, but it's good to see these guys still krank it out at their age...

Thoughts on Kings Of Keon?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Got there just before Pearl Jam went on...didn't see the support.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I ended up scoring some dam good tickets again last night and once again the boys went hard. Kings of Leon are pretty good indeed, last night Ed came out and sung a song with during their set. I've got one more left bring on Thursday night.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

you are lucky guttermouth, I miss out I had to sell my ticket because work's sending me to the UK :(
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

I fucking LOVE Kings of Leon. I've seen them twice in Melbourne (once supporting the Strokes and once by themselves). Have not been to see Pearl Jam this time though.

Shame you missed them Cletus, best new band for the last 2 or 3 years for me. I think you would have dug them.

On a side note, I saw them in Collins Street a couple of days ago walking up near 101 and looking in the windows of the clothes shops. Very cool looking guys, mega skinny leg jeans, wikid boots. I played it cool though and didn't hassle them even though I wanted to!!

Collins Street near the Hyatt has been a boon for me as a music fan since I've been working up here, so far I've passed Elvis Costello, the Gallagher Brothers and Ian Brown from the Stone Roses on the street. Brilliant!!!
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Yea KOL are awsome. Their new album is great, much better than their first one and they came up with it really quickly.
Seeing them support the Strokes would be great, two bands that are good mates touring together. I've seen them twice at two different BDO's.
Would of been interesting to see all the old school Pearl Jam croud poonder on who these skinny punks were. I know a Triple M (who was supporting the gig) announcer here in Adelaide had no idea who they were, you fucking slag, welcome to the world of contemporary music
I saw them in Collins Street a couple of days ago walking up near 101 and looking in the windows of the clothes shops.
Apparently they aren't shy of making themselves public. A mate of mine saw them cruising the nightlife in London sometime last year. He said they were the biggest piss heads.......for a fine glass of wine! Yes, frontman Caleb enjoys his dutch wine