NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Post by Candy Arse »

Now that last year's tainted season is in the books we can move forward to NRL Season 2017 and the Canberra Raiders, the people's team, assuming their place at the top of the hill as it should have been in 2016.

2017 already has one for the highlight reel!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 3767193cd8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Candy Arse on 31 Dec 2017 07:25 am, edited 17 times in total.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Re: NRL 2K17 - The Green Empire Strikes Back

Post by mxlegend99 »

The next 2 years will be just like the 90 and 91 seasons. Or atleast based on the backend of 2016 you would think so.

But an injury to the wrong player at the wrong time of the year can really swing momentum.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ladies and Gentleman, Captain Obvious.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Eels will finally make the 8 this year. I have faith
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Not sure about the teams I'm backing to improve. But the team I'm backing to drop out of the finals are the Bulldogs.

They haven't been a legitimate premiership threat for years despite somehow scraping through into the finals and sometimes a few rounds in. Just ridiculous luck with who they face and when... but come up against a decent team and they get pumped.

I'm predicting that to end this year. Their forward pack will win them matches. But not enough.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

This is the last year channel 9 controls the draw. I just hope the NRL varies the draw up a bit more next year. No Sundays in sight for the Broncos again this season.

I'm not interested in NRL yet. Same shit, different year. High hopes, origin period, can we regain form in time for the finals? Rinse, repeat.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm interested because finally I can have realistic high expectations for my team going into a season, as opposed to "Just don't finish last"

Premiers - Raiders
Origin - QLD 3-0
Wooden Spoon - Newcastle yet again

Top 8 in no order -

Raiders
Panthers
Storm
Boncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Warriors
Bulldogs
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Bad luck panthers, missed out on Hunt! :nana:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

We never wanted him. Gus flat out said he's not worth nearly as much as clubs are offering him.

Nathan Cleary will be a much better player than Ben Hunt. At 18 years of age he wasnt far off. I think by his third season he will be knocking on the door for Origin and by that time Cronk and Thurston will be retired or close to it. He and Ashley Taylor will be ready to become the games best #7s.

Hunt will just be another Pearce... Probably without a premiership though
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

That's a load of shit, he declined them yesterday and then Panthers sent out some PR bullshit later that day. Hook wanted him, Hook loves him.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

And the day before Gus compared him to a shitty house getting offers worth way more than it was worth. Gus said he wasn't worth that sort of money.

You dont shit talk a player you're interested in. The media were flat out wrong... i think Gus slamming Ben Hunt is all the evidence you need that we weren't interested.

Throw in the roster we have... why would we waste anything on him? He doesnt cover a position we need. We have better players who are younger and cheaper.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Brisbane Broncos star Ben Hunt rejects Penrith Panthers but St George Illawarra still an option

MATT LOGUE, The Daily Telegraph
January 13, 2017 4:27pm

BRONCOS halfback Ben Hunt personally informed Penrith he won’t be joining the club next season, leaving St George Illawarra and Brisbane to fight for his services.

Despite denials from the club via a statement on Friday, The Daily Telegraph can confirm the Panthers expressed genuine interest in signing Hunt.

However, hopes faded on Friday when Hunt told the Panthers he won’t be joining the club.

It is understood Brisbane were also informed on Friday their halfback had rejected the Panthers’ approach for his services.

This follows Panthers boss Phil Gould denying his club had any interest in Hunt.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 66b63e3e19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whoops!
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

An article where the media are trying to ba kup there own incorrect claims. Gus slammed Hunt long before they even linked us to him. We then came out and denied we were interested in him.

90% of our roster is locked up for several years. We cant go after any big name players even if we wanted to.
20170115_090955.png
20170115_091104.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Turns out Wayne Bennett doesn't want him either.
20170115_111111.jpg
Although there's no reason to believe this either. But it sure as hell looks like Hunt won't be at the Broncos in 2018.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Can you tell me where you got that Ben Hunt article from? I'm just curious if it's from a journo or some opinion from a hack. It is true that Hunt has been on the outer at the Broncos though, it's no secret Bennett wanted Ash Taylor back from the Titans. I'd say Hunt needs a good start to the season to be kept for 2018.

I don't believe Gould's tweet means that the Panthers weren't interested, it's more a statement that says you unfortunately have to pay overs for rare commodities. Panthers wanted him mx, Hook wanted him is probably the more accurate line.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

That article is from the lurker. But like most articles the media grab internet rumours and try to find anything they can to add credibility to what are often rumours posted as jokes in rumoured signing threads.

The facts are:

-Phil Gould says he wasnt worth what clubs are offering when asked by a Dragons fan on Twitter. Days before we were linked to Hunt. That alone should be end of story.

-Panthers deny interest the second we're linked to him. No reason to lie.

-We have a quality #7 already who we have thrown all our support behind the moment he made his debut. We have no reason to want him.

Honestly Ben Hunt would be a shit signing for the Panthers. He is a shadow of the player he used to be and would be a downgrade on Nathan Cleary in a few areas. Hunt has no kicking game and is poor with his game management. He invited Cowboys back into the grand final long before he dropped that kick off.

As Phil Gould said. He's not worth $1m per season and only teams desperate for a halfback will be willing to pay that. It's a terrible investment. He would definitely be an upgrade for the Dragons or Eels at 7. But that sort of money needs to be taken from elsewhere and its just not worth the hit for an average halfback with some big flaws in his game. It would be a short term gain that costs them longterm
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Completely disagree on all fronts unsurprisingly, and again I think you've missed the point of Gould's tweet. And I don't think it was Cleary who would be replaced by Hunt, they'd play alongside each other.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

I think the main thing in all this is that we the fans don't want him. You can have him! :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

haha yeah I don't blame you to be honest, he's damaged goods right now.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:Completely disagree on all fronts unsurprisingly, and again I think you've missed the point of Gould's tweet. And I don't think it was Cleary who would be replaced by Hunt, they'd play alongside each other.
Gould thinks he's not worth the money he's able to demand because of a lack of quality halves on the market. He's not... but some clubs are desperate and he can get paid well and truly above what he's actually worth.

We have Te Maire Martin... he was the one who stood up and won Panthers the match against Broncos in his debut. He later made his debut for New Zealand and will have a long rep career ahead of him. Our spine are locked up and great value. He was ahead of Cleary in our pecking order. But our goal was always Cleary and TMM.

1. Matt Moylan (NSW / AUS rep)
6. Te Maire Martin (Kiwi rep)
7. Nathan Cleary (will be an Origin player within 3 years)

The 3 of them combined would be on less than Hunt is looking at for his next contract, yet all 3 will be better players with better rep careers. Moylan is already superior. The other 2 will be within 2 years. You don't go and throw overs for a player in a position you have covered. The exception is if you have a squad legitimately capable of winning it but only a tiny window to do so. Its worth that risk if it boosts your odds significantly.

Ben Hunt would not make a huge difference to any teams odds. Especially Panthers. He's not a Thurston or a Cronk. Their signing nearly guarantees top 4 and gives a a genuine premiership window. Hunt just guarantees the squad being torn apart.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 74e1ebfe78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boncos at it again :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Can't see Jimmy the Jet lasting the year.

The talk is TMM is on the outer mx, if we hear rumblings of this through the year we'll know the story about Hunt is right.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

If TMM was on the outer it just opens the door for Moylan to take his rightful spot in the halves... he could be the best 5/8th in the game in 2 years if he moved. Instead he's just a solid fullback with ridiculous ball playing ability.

But Hook has his heart set on TMM and Cleary in the halves. Moylan was never considered when TMM went down as Griffin only wanted a temporary solution. Not a permanent one.

Hunt on $1m per season cant replace TMM on $100k a season. TMM on the outer does not free up cap space.

Cleary got an upgraded contract. TMM is still on the contract we signed him to when he was an Under 20s player.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Jarrod Mullen tests positive to anabolic steroids.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Was the talk really $1m per season for Hunt? He doesn't have the runs on the board to be worth that much. Only the Dragons would throw that much around because they're desperate.

As for Mullen, what a dumbarse.