NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: NRL 2K17 - Boncos pretenders confirmed

Post by Madmya »

There we go, I know you've been waiting for that.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Pretty much went as expected. Cowboys were never in it.

I would congratulate Storm but I did when they won it last weekend.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I heard the Boncos are still playing a week later - yet to score a point :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

That depends, have we got a fit team yet?

You have to admit, the Broncos/Storm match last weekend was a lot better for larger periods, despite Brisbane not scoring a point.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

Sorry champ, there's no spinning a 31-0 finals loss. Your team sucks, they got belted.

After losing to the Roosters.

After Parra put 50 on them.

:fight:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

And yes, Storm/Boncos WAS a better match because everyone loves seeing them get owned while the Cowboys are sentimental favourites :lol:
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Storm were by far the best team all year. Winning ugly on their bad days and destroying teams on their good days.

I really dont like them. But they certainly deserved that premiership. No one was close to them this year.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

mx haven't you heard? Darius Boyd not being 100% is the only reason the Storm are premiers! The Boncos would have gone undefeated if the GOAT was 100%!!!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Nah I 100% agree with mx.

But I do lament that both the Cowboys and Broncos' season were cruelled by injury, rugby league was the loser here. Last night was the shittiest GF in a long time.
mxlegend99
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Cowboys probably improved with their injuries. They're a rare case where losing their 2 best players has probably resulted in the remaining players being forced to do more and being better as a result.

Its scary to think how good they can be bringing Thurston and Scott back into a team that has developed to that point.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Their players improved, yeah. Morgan especially, he's going to be great when Thurston takes pressure off of him.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Last night was the shittest GF in 12 months.

It seems there's a price to pay for having a legitimate all-time classic in 2015.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I enjoyed it. :)

They’re a remarkable organisation. They’re light years ahead of any elite sporting club in Australia for consistent, year on year success. Even after the Gallop administration tried to blow them up with penalties generally acknowledged now as ridiculously excessive they come back and win another premiership. It didn’t dent them. The way they absorb adversity and stay at or near the top is like nothing I’ve seen in my years as a sports fan across all codes.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The result was great for Melbourne fans which adds to the enjoyment of the game, but the game as a contest was hot garbage. Both Grand Finals as contests sucked this year.

I'm going to troll my many Storm-loving friends down here about how news is breaking of the NRL investigating Melbourne this week for a possibly salary cap breach :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Billy Slater picked for Aus side, premiership, GF BOG. Not a bad comeback.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: Even after the Gallop administration tried to blow them up with penalties generally acknowledged now as ridiculously excessive they come back and win another premiership.
Generally acknowledged as ridiculously excessive? What?

Melbourne's tactics were downright dangerous and completely against the spirit of the game. It's largely why no one likes the Storm.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep it wasn't excessive at all - motherfuckers cheated to win premierships, so take away the premierships.

P.S

http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/2 ... jury-costs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
North Queensland's John Asiata and Kane Linnett will undergo surgery as the Cowboys begin to pick up the pieces from one of the most brutal NRL finals runs in memory.

Already without superstars Johnathan Thurston (shoulder) and Matt Scott (knee), no less than 10 Cowboys played through injuries in Sunday's grand final loss to Melbourne.

That problem was compounded when already injured prop Shaun Fensom broke both his tibia and fibula in the third minute of the match. He underwent surgery in Sydney's Prince Alfred Hospital on Monday.

Also on the operating table soon will be forward John Asiata, who has a broken hand, while Kane Linnett undergoes a routine elbow clean out after having to manage the niggling injury late in the season.

For the remainder of their battered crew, it's hoped rest and recuperation will be enough to leave them rejuvenated for next season.
Bububu Boyd!!!! :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I've also acknowledged the cowboys' chance to win a premiership was ruined by injury.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Madmya wrote:Generally acknowledged as ridiculously excessive? What?

Melbourne's tactics were downright dangerous and completely against the spirit of the game. It's largely why no one likes the Storm.
Their '07 breaches were at fine levels and yet their premiership was stripped. They're not the only club to have breached the cap in a premiership year. And yeah the current administration are on the record as saying Melbourne's penalties were excessive, just as they issued lighter penalties to Parramatta who overspent substantially more than Melbourne.

And which tactics were downright dangerous (Adam Blair), against the spirit of the game (Jordan Kahu) and largely why no one likes the Storm (30-0)?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:I've also acknowledged the cowboys' chance to win a premiership was ruined by injury.
Acknowledged :lol:

Meanwhile you're trying to convince us that the only thing standing between the Boncos and lifting the trophy on Sunday night was Darius "The G.O.A.T" Boyd being 100% fit.

Meanwhile the Cowboys got further than your shitty team and scored more points than your shitty team with basically an injured team.

....and to be fair they made the rest of the league look like absolute CRAP. The fucking awful Raiders can't make the finals with a full squad, the Sharks/Eels/Roosters just roll over for the Cowboys while they make the GF with a bunch of cripples.

They got hammered in the GF but should only be proud.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: And which tactics were downright dangerous (Adam Blair), against the spirit of the game (Jordan Kahu) and largely why no one likes the Storm (30-0)?
Fuck, there's no coming back from this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Madmya wrote:Generally acknowledged as ridiculously excessive? What?

Their '07 breaches were at fine levels and yet their premiership was stripped. They're not the only club to have breached the cap in a premiership year. And yeah the current administration are on the record as saying Melbourne's penalties were excessive, just as they issued lighter penalties to Parramatta who overspent substantially more than Melbourne.

And which tactics were downright dangerous (Adam Blair), against the spirit of the game (Jordan Kahu) and largely why no one likes the Storm (30-0)?
Ah shit, sorry, I've completely misinterpreted what you've said. I thought you were complaining about Gallop's crackdown on Melbourne's wrestling tactics. Don't mind me, I'm just hungover. But I do think you will be hard pressed to find a single fan that is sympathetic towards Melbourne, outside of Storm supporters.

Adam Blair is a shitcunt. Probably a product of where he learnt his trade. Jordan Tahu's incident is overblown.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:
Madmya wrote:I've also acknowledged the cowboys' chance to win a premiership was ruined by injury.
Acknowledged :lol:

Meanwhile you're trying to convince us that the only thing standing between the Boncos and lifting the trophy on Sunday night was Darius "The G.O.A.T" Boyd being 100% fit.

Meanwhile the Cowboys got further than your shitty team and scored more points than your shitty team with basically an injured team.

....and to be fair they made the rest of the league look like absolute CRAP. The fucking awful Raiders can't make the finals with a full squad, the Sharks/Eels/Roosters just roll over for the Cowboys while they make the GF with a bunch of cripples.

They got hammered in the GF but should only be proud.
Please find a quote that shows me saying Brisbane would have won the premiership.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:Have I told you about how Boyd's hammy ruined our season and handed Storm the premiership?
I mean really, you're not even trying anymore :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It did hand it to them. They barely had to try.

That quote does not say "Brisbane would have won the premiership were it not for Boyd's hammy".