NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Re: NRL 2K17 - The Green Empire Strikes Back

Post by mxlegend99 »

Candy Arse wrote:Some guy scoring against Newcastle - awesome.

I'm quite happy with the guy we have at 5/8. Milford can enjoy being the next Blake Ferguson who leaves the team that developed him to win a premiership but actually wins fuck-all while his original team lifts the trophy :lol:
Milford is a freak. But as a whole Raiders spine is more complete than the Broncos.

Hodgson at hooker gives them that edge IMO. If he kicks on in 2017 he could be the MVP in the NRL.

Storm would be the only team that would be better off with Hunt than Hodgson. Hunt as a running 5/8th in that spine would be probably capable of delivering $1m performances.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Real talk - Milford and Austin cancel each other out, they're both fucken good.

Boyd is a better fullback right now than Wighton. Wighton has a lot of potential but needs to develop a brain.

Other than that, we're better in every position on the park.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Canberra are poised to sign Dave Taylor to a one-year-deal with a club option for a second season.

The 28-year-old is doing all that has been asked of him as he trials for contract with the Raiders in a bid to reignite his NRL career.

Market Watch understands an agreement has been struck but won’t likely be announced until after the trials.
On one hand this is terrible since Dave Taylor is a useless, drug-addled sack of shit.

On the other hand Ricky seems pretty damn good at taking cast-offs and turning them into the best players at their position who get snubbed by the NRL at the Dally M awards because the NRL actively hates the Raiders and has an agenda against them.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Candy Arse wrote:Real talk - Milford and Austin cancel each other out, they're both fucken good.

Boyd is a better fullback right now than Wighton. Wighton has a lot of potential but needs to develop a brain.

Other than that, we're better in every position on the park.
Wighton is either a solid fullback who can put on a hit.... or the absolute dumbest cunt in the world who will throw a game away. I don't think he has the elite fullback plays in him at all.

Hes entertaining for neutrals either way. Between him and Lee you had 2 blokes who could really throw a game away.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think he's both.

Both Wighton and Lee are equally as capable of winning us a game as they are losing it.

Joey Leilua is the same, but Ricky's turned him into more of a game breaker where he'll take some risks but the payoff is worth the occasional backfire, refer to that pass against Wests Tigers last season on the first tackle :lol:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

NRL have stopped the Sharks and Barba trying to get away with a dodgy deal where both of them come out ahead after Barba was sacked for drugs. Barba can only serve his suspension if he is registered in the NRL, and they refuse to register him while he is off playing another sport.

Good on them. I would be filthy if they managed to come out ahead after dragging the game through the mud.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:up:

He broke the rules, granted it was out of competition testing but the rules are the rules.

Just realised that Paul Vaughan was at the Dragons this year, maybe they won't be so toothless up front now
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I see the Raiders are showing their true colours when they don't have a friendly draw to prop them up.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: pre-season :lol:

Hopefully Ricky just plays the scrubs until the games count.

We're deserved premiership favourites but we need to get to September in one piece!
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Panthers managed to beat the Sharks with our biggest star being Sitaleki Akouolo. We only took 4 of our top 17 over to begin with. We rested 3 of them and made the finals. Scrubs arent all that bad in the 9s.

We will likely get pumped by Titans tomorrow and then face the Eels and get pumped again. But if we manage a win we should get Manly and have a shot at losing to either the Cowboys or Broncos.

Really only a handful of decemt teams there. Broncos, Cowboys, Eels and Titans are the stacked sides. The grand final will be from that group.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Panthers beat Titans and top our pool. We now face Sea Eagles... a winnable game but they are looking pretty good too.

Neither team was expected to be alive for finals.hopefully Hayne is fit to face Eels. That could be good viewing.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Eels the only one of the favorites still alive. So odds on they win it.

Panthers vs Eels
Storm vs Roosters

I thought for sure we would be seeing Titans vs Eels and Ciwboys vs Broncos for the grand final qualifier. Easily 4 of the strongest teams on paper and best looking sides on day one.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:lol: Kahu :fight:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

We're developing a knack for ruining games in comical fashion.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Poor timing of the kick is hilariously bad. But there were about 50 or more missed kicks over that weekend that were pretty awful. I dunno how players can kick a field goal in a game situation with players charging at them from all sorts of angles and distances, when many of them struggle to kick them from within 10 metres of the post and 25 seconds to line it up.

Panthers lost because they couldn't kick a goal also. So many games came down to that... and in many of them the kicks missed were from infront of the posts. Yet in an NRL match you just know that mosts teams are going to be able to set for a field goal if they're within 30 metres of the posts. You would back a Cronk or Thurston or Moylan to kick it every time. But these games make it look like the players have gotten lucky anytime they manage it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:We're developing a knack for ruining games in comical fashion.
As much as I would really like to sink the boot in and agree with you - it's February brah. Who cares.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

All star game is such a waste of time. At least Croker isn't that badly injured
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

All stars... yet they pick a backline thats fringe first graders and a halves pairing that aren't any better.

Broncos team is full of rep players. Yet their only representative was David Mead who signed a minimum wage contract with them.

Most teams supplied only their worst or cheapest player.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

The footy is nearly back. Panthers are already missing both wingers for Round 1.

Josh Mansour did his ACL last year obviously. He's looking like he will return about round 14.
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak injured his knee last week and required surgery. We are hopeful he will be fit for Round 3.

Last year we had Dean Whare hoping to be fit for an early round... he was reinjured and then not seen again all year. This week both he and Peta Hiku have been moved to the wing... which really worries me. Its only a trial, but Whare is an awful winger and Hiku is just an awful player
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You could do a lot worse...
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Yeah last year we had Will Smith at fullback for the first 3 weeks. He was as bad as it gets.

But Dean Whare has 2 games in 2 years and the few times he has played wing for us he has been clueless. Positioning is horrible and he's awful at contesting kicks.

Peta Hiku... god im filthy we signed him. Never liked that signing. He's now our 4th best centre if he's lucky. Dylan Edwards should get a run ahead of him IMO. Anyone who saw him in the 9s would know he's a bloke who never gives up on a play and is terrific in defence. Hes a fullback mostly. But he made his debut last year on the wing and his first play was saving a try that looked like a lost cause. The opposite of what Hiku did.

1. Moylan
2. Edwards
3. Peachey
4. Whare
5. Blake

That would be my back 5. Full strength:
1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. DWZ
17. Peachey

Unless Whare is shit after his injury. If that's the case Peachey stays at centre. He's unlucky he's so good at so many positions. He's arguably our best centre. But Blake and Whare are too good to leave out.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The Raiders are the trendy pick to win the GF this year.

Real talk - who do we think are legit contenders going into the season?

Raiders
Storm
Broncos
Cowboys
Panthers

IMO the GF will have 2 of those 5 teams.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Pretty sure it's going to be a bumper year in the Games-Ranch NRL thread because you've got a few well-represented teams expected to be right there when it counts (see above list), and a few well represented teams expected to be so bad it's comical (Parra, Saints, Bulldogs).
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sadly I think Eels will have a good year.
Saints will finish about 10th
Bulldogs are horrible and should finish bottom 4. But Des somehow manages to overachieve with a shit roster. Might scrape into the 8 somehow.

I just hope Panthers can keep the bulk of their top 17 fit. Sick of thinking what could have been if pur medical staff were competent. I dont see how we are equal favorites. Round 1 we will have a 19 and 21 year old halves pairing who havent played together before and have 21 games experience between them.

When was the last time halves that inexperienced won a competition? I like being the underdog. High expectations are a weird feeling.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

In order:

Melbourne
Cowboys
Brisbane
Roosters