NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: NRL 2K17 - Jason Taylor goneburger

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Definitely mental. Professional athletes are accustomed to the hustle but with 8 days rest you’re having some actual couch R&R in front of the Xbox while the poor 5 day rest bunnies are down at the hydrotherapy clinic fast-tracking like mofos. Who would you rather be?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

:lol: Get in the bin.

I've never argued that there is no difference between 5 days and 8 days rest you muppet, I've even acknowledged Brisbane's advantage with turnaround times in the past. Have you ever played league, union or even touch football, Pep?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ooh he's backtracking now...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

My point is, for the umpteenth time, that these are exceptional circumstances. Brisbane has undoubtedly had the toughest start to the season in terms of the quality of their opposition. They're 1/3 yet Peter Stirling has them third in his Power Rankings which is a testament to the quality of the games played. They're going to be feeling it, especially since we're at the beginning of the season.

Whilst a 5 day turnaround is definitely not ideal, the ease of their win against the Tigers was a huge bonus for Canberra. If you've ever played league, union or touch you'd know it's defence that destroys you. Getting back those 10m and then up to tackle a big bloke is far more draining than ambling up in attack. We've seen this at an Origin level - players back up much better after a game where they've dominated.

When you destroy your opposition as the Raiders did to Tigers, the fatigue factor is dramatically reduced which is entirely due to the lack of required defence. I will bet the house that the Raiders pulled up substantially better the day after the game than the Broncos would have, which is largely why I think this is a unique scenario where the 5 day turnaround hasn't disadvantaged the Raiders as much as it normally would. The logistics of a 5 day turnaround is probably a bigger factor over their level of fatigue, but the Raiders should be firing tomorrow night.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:Ooh he's backtracking now...
:lol: get fucked.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Madmya wrote::lol: Get in the bin.

I've never argued that there is no difference between 5 days and 8 days rest you muppet, I've even acknowledged Brisbane's advantage with turnaround times in the past. Have you ever played league, union or even touch football, Pep?
We’re talking specifically about Brisbane v Canberra and on that you said ‘Canberra have absolutely no excuse should they lose’ which is bullshit. Three days extra rest is huge. Actually I’ll save myself some typing and just paste the consensus.

https://www.nrl.com/broncos-v-raiders-s ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How we see it: The Broncos' long turnaround looks to be a huge advantage heading into this one. Canberra's five-day turnaround means they can only train once leading up to this clash and that is not what you want coming up against a side of Brisbane's quality. As well as this, the Broncos' record against the Raiders at Suncorp Stadium is too good to ignore. Brisbane by eight.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

That's right, everything outside of Canberra vs Brisbane should be ignored as it's irrelevant.

Wow.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

You can dwell on previous rounds all you like, nothing will wipe the advantage Brisbane have. Shit that happened weeks ago is ancient history. No one has muscle soreness or fatigue left over from round 1. Recovery starts from the last match. Brisbane have eight days. Canberra have five. FFS.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

And you think their levels of fatigue are equal at day 1 of their recovery?
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Depends on individual match fitness, injuries, etc. You cited your own playing experience as having relevance to NRL players. It doesn’t. These guys are pros and train at elite levels including drills to get back and defend. They’re machines. And as fucked as they might be after a hard game they have all the benefits of modern athletic recovery technology at their disposal. Five day prep for the next game is way more taxing than an eight day prep. The end.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Incredibly short-sighted and downright stupid.

Hey, everyone, Pep has found a source for unlimited success in tipping!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: https://www.nrl.com/broncos-v-raiders-s ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How we see it: The Broncos' long turnaround looks to be a huge advantage heading into this one. Canberra's five-day turnaround means they can only train once leading up to this clash and that is not what you want coming up against a side of Brisbane's quality. As well as this, the Broncos' record against the Raiders at Suncorp Stadium is too good to ignore. Brisbane by eight.
Even the official NRL website speaks to the massive advantage the Boncos have, which itself is hilarious given the NRL has given their boys this advantage.

So Madmya has been blown up not only by myself and Pep...now the NRL has blown him up :lol:

Pressure is on the Broncos tomorrow night, they need to win by at least double digits otherwise their credibility is immediately thrown in doubt.

If the Raiders win, I suggest all Bonco fans buckle up.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Looks like Candy has found Pep's source of supreme wisdom. Who needs a tipping competition when you can just follow NRL.com's assessment?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well to be fair judging by your faux knowledge of the sport and human performance/recovery in general, I'll view NRL.com's viewpoint with a bit more legitimacy than I would that of someone whose experience comes from playing NRL Live.

You don't know if Brisbane by 8 is accurate, I think Brisbane by 18 is more likely given the huge advantage they have, but their reasoning for this tip is 100% spot on.

Unless, of course, you'd like to conduct more armchair muscle biopsies to let us know exactly how fatigued the players on each team are heading into tomorrow night :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:lol:

Your pregame damage control is useless here. The thing is, I know that you are fully aware that tough versus easy wins matter, hence why I had no interest in talking to you about it.
Last edited by Madmya on 23 Mar 2017 03:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

No need to damage control a thing - we should lose.

If this was an even turnaround I'd pick the Raiders to run over the top of this team of midgets and clumsy fucks, but as per usual the NRL has decided to put the Boncos in a good position whilst screwing the Raiders over.

They even said as much themselves on their own website :lol:

The Raiders are playing with house money. No one expects them to win, by all rights they should not win. If they do, everyone is going to ask "What's wrong with the Broncos?"
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:The thing is, I know that you are fully aware that tough versus easy wins matter. A great example would be the Cowboys' demise in the 2016 finals after the Broncos/Cowboys epic.
Oh you mean that one at the end of a long, hard NRL season where the Cowboys were also backing up from a premiership-winning season prior where they play more games than any other team, including the rep schedule and they have a shortened off-season as a result?

Yes I know that one. That's why no one wins back-to-back anymore.

This is round 4. What's your next one gonna be? Fucken amateurs :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Thanks for backing my point that residual fatigue is a thing and why it's not always about the turnaround time from the week before.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:Thanks for backing my point that residual fatigue is a thing and why it's not always about the turnaround time from the week before.
So Broncos are still tired from 2015?

I thought Ben Hunt was the only one suffering from that year.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Madmya wrote:Thanks for backing my point that residual fatigue is a thing and why it's not always about the turnaround time from the week before.
So Broncos are still tired from 2015?

I thought Ben Hunt was the only one suffering from that year.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is getting rather sad now. He's trying so damn hard to justify why it's ok to have an extra 3 days rest and preparation than your opponent.

Dr Madmya, PhD in human performance :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Also your point was SO good and you believed in it SO much that you edited it out :lol: :fight: :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Because I didn't need to give you a specific example, you already know it matters. It's Pep who requires specific examples.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sure thing GameHED :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hahah that actually cuts. :(
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I have actually tipped the Raiders. I just have this feeling Brisbane will not mentally or physically turn up tomorrow night. You can't get a bigger opening three weeks for the Broncos and the Raiders aren't a club that you get up for. Not only that but it's been a particularly bad week for the club off the field.

I'd actually recommend having a sneaky bet on the raiders late tomorrow when the usual late market push for the broncos happens. This short turnaround time is overstated in this case, the Raiders should be pumped and ready to go tomorrow night, particularly after the momentum they gained from the first of their two training sessions this week on Sunday.

I'm also 100% not joking. #geton