NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NRL 2K17 - Jason Taylor goneburger

Post by Candy Arse »

Melbourne have also had 3 extra days rest than the Tigers, so you should probably adjust that to Tigers by 4, maybe even 5 because as we know there's no advantage to having an extra 3 days to recover and prepare for a professional contact sporting contest.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Well that's a pretty dumb assessment.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Nah it makes sense.

As we know the Tigers just stood around last week while the Raiders walked through scoring tries, so we know the Tigers aren't fatigued at all.

This offsets the Storm getting a 10-day rest because they played a closer home game against the Boncos.

The number of tackles MISSED by the Tigers directly cancels the number of tackles MADE by the Storm, so the theory here is that because Wests Tigers stood around missing tackles all day and hardly moved, they should be less fatigued than the Storm even though there's a 3-day recovery and preparation discrepancy.

Also experts believe that losing your coach after less than a month also offsets any potential fatigue issues since the morale boost of a new coach covers for the gameplan disruption caused by the outgoing coach. I believe armchair muscle biopsies conducted lend credence to this theory.

So basically Tigers by 20.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's a spirited assessment but it's pretty obvious you don't have a PhD.

This is a bit of a danger game for Storm. Key outs for storm after a tough win, Tigers have a lot to play for, at Leichardt. You'd have wanted to play them last week but Right Place Right Time Raiders got them.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Tigers threw that away in the most amateur way possible. Storm were terrible out of the blocks, reminiscent of the Cowboys in their game the week after the Broncos too. :wink:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Oh, another loss for a team on far less rest. How can this be???
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Whilst on the record as having tipped the Tigers can I just add I switched my tip at the last minute. And by last minute I mean 40m into Addo-Carr's 80m second half try. Fucking master stroke.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

*hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh*

Oh man, I'm getting some good enjoyment from this. It pains you so much that I completely owned you that you'll focus on a largely irrelevant point :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'm dumbfounded that two people who lift things for a hobby ( :keke: ) can't fathom that the Raiders would have pulled up better than usual last week.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Whilst on the record as having tipped the Tigers can I just add I switched my tip at the last minute. And by last minute I mean 40m into Addo-Carr's 80m second half try. Fucking master stroke.
Oh shit yeah I forgot to mention I changed my tip to Storm just before kickoff.

I'm a genius!
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:I'm dumbfounded that two people who lift things for a hobby ( :keke: ) can't fathom that the Raiders would have pulled up better than usual last week.
Yet you can't fathom how 8 days rest is better than 5.

I hope you don't try and use short turnarounds to defend your team this year... ypu know the one time they only have 6 days rest between games as opposed to 7+.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The fact we lead active lives is why his argument is so feeble, we know from experience trying to output peak performance on compromised recovery.

With myself, I do this sort of thing for a career so with actual formal education, access to quality studies etc makes what he says just hilarious.

Broscience :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Madmya wrote:I'm dumbfounded that two people who lift things for a hobby ( :keke: ) can't fathom that the Raiders would have pulled up better than usual last week.
Yet you can't fathom how 8 days rest is better than 5.

I hope you don't try and use short turnarounds to defend your team this year... ypu know the one time they only have 6 days rest between games as opposed to 7+.
Don't worry mx, I'm not arguing what you think I'm arguing.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:The fact we lead active lives is why his argument is so feeble, we know from experience trying to output peak performance on compromised recovery.

With myself, I do this sort of thing for a career so with actual formal education, access to quality studies etc makes what he says just hilarious.

Broscience :lol:
I'm guessing they don't teach students how to think critically at TAFE.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

That's a good one, but doesn't change a thing. Congrats on the broscience degree.

It's amazing how much one can learn from the comfort of their couch and the bottom of a KFC 3-piece feed box.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote::lol:

That's a good one, but doesn't change a thing. Congrats on the broscience degree.

It's amazing how much one can learn from the comfort of their couch and the bottom of a KFC 3-piece feed box.
Yes, observing with the ability to think critically can perform wonders, just look at what that combination has done for science. The sustenance provided by a KFC 3-piece feed is a bonus.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Amazing critical thinking!

"Team A has had less rest and preparation for an elite sporting contest than Team B.

Verily, Team A should be expected to win the game"

This is an example of millennials using "critical thinking" as an excuse to say dumb shit!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Over-simplistic analysis. TAFE for ya.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I disagree about easy games being an advantage aswell. Extra rest is an obvious advantage, but competing in tough games each week is an advantage aswell. Tough games prepare you. They keep you focused and help you keep track of where you are against the other good teams. They help you identify what needs improving and they help make sure that even on an off day you can win games because you are always in the game.

Other than boosting your for and against, there's not much you can take away from an easy win. It tells you how shit one team is, but not really how good the other is.

Storm are the best example of this. They are almost impossible to put away in a game. No matter how shit they play, their experience in battle hardened games just means they always linger there and are ready to pounce and pull an unlikely win out of their ass. Or when they play well there's just seemingly no way through them and when they have the ball in hand they are always able to create opportunities. Storm have never lost Round 1 since Bellamy has coached them. They are always prepared... and apparently they have won 4 from 4 to start the season in 4 of the last 8 seasons. That's just ridiculous.

Panthers and Raiders are the opposite of that. They lack the tough game experience and are just as likely to come out and win by 30 as they are to get touched up by 30. The difference between their best and worst is huge.... and when they play badly they are not even close to being in a position to grab an unlikely win late in the game unless the opposition are horrible.

I think Panthers took more from the 2 point loss to the Roosters in Round 3 then they did the 36 point and 40 point thrashing in Rounds 2 and 4. We played close to out best, we lost a close game and it helped give us something to work on. Storm will not doubt teach us a lesson this weekend and give us something else to work on.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Fuck mx, you just destroyed Madmya and his broscience. :lol: :owned: :lol:

Looking forward to seeing him dig his hole even deeper in this thread.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Haha christ Candy, keep your pants on. Pants-off at TAFE is likened to sexual harassment.
mxlegend99 wrote:I disagree about easy games being an advantage aswell. Extra rest is an obvious advantage, but competing in tough games each week is an advantage aswell. Tough games prepare you. They keep you focused and help you keep track of where you are against the other good teams. They help you identify what needs improving and they help make sure that even on an off day you can win games because you are always in the game.

Other than boosting your for and against, there's not much you can take away from an easy win. It tells you how shit one team is, but not really how good the other is.
It's very contextual and you're getting away from the actual point being argued. I completely agree that tough games can be an advantage, you want some tough games running into the finals as preparation. And then there's also the old debate about whether it's better to have the week off before the prelim or not. But would it have been better for the Raiders to have a tough game ala storm vs Broncos or Broncos vs Cowboys the round before a 5-day turnaround? No, of course not.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Broncos had 8 day turnaround from a tough game
Raiders had a 5 day turnaround from an easy game

I think Broncos by far had the ideap preparation for the game. Plenty of time to fully recover. A tough loss to ignite the fire. Another close game to make certain they showed up.

Oh and the home ground advantage doesn't hurt.

Raiders had an easy game... so they were never really tested. They had a short turnaround so they didnt get to prepare aswell as Broncos and ontop of that they had to travel interstate to play.

Call me crazy but I would prefer to be in the Broncos position. They get the most generous draw in general.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

mxlegend99 wrote:Broncos had 8 day turnaround from a tough game
Raiders had a 5 day turnaround from an easy game

I think Broncos by far had the ideap preparation for the game. Plenty of time to fully recover. A tough loss to ignite the fire. Another close game to make certain they showed up.

Oh and the home ground advantage doesn't hurt.

Raiders had an easy game... so they were never really tested. They had a short turnaround so they didnt get to prepare aswell as Broncos and ontop of that they had to travel interstate to play.

Call me crazy but I would prefer to be in the Broncos position. They get the most generous draw in general.
Bingo, that's this dumb shit he's sprouting completely dead and buried. Not that it wasn't before.

Even the NRL disagreed with him in their official preview of the game :lol: :fight: :lol:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I expect Raiders will bounce back this week against Eels. No idea how Eels will play. But Raiders are now in the same situation as the Broncos last week.

8 day turnaround of a tough game road game. Back at home. Although Eels dont have a short turnaround like Raiders did last week. So its not quiet as big of an advantage.

But it's enough to have Raiders as $1.35 to the Eels $3.20. Quiet amazing odds for Eels really... they are a quality team capable of winning any week. I'm backing Raiders in a tight one. But hard to rule Eels out altogether.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Raiders having more rest means they'll lose. No advantage there!