View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Jan 2018 05:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The gay marriage topic 
Wants it in 8 Directions

I actually thought Turnbull had it in him.. but after the NBN and now SSM.. amongst other things.. he's been shit.. BUT better than Abbott.

In terms of the Labor side? I think Penny Wong is probably our best bet.. Penny looks after Penny.. so she has it in her. Terri Butler is actually great.. but I am not sure if she has the charisma to get to the front of the party. Tanya Plibersek I like.. mainly because I can see and hear in her voice the "Oh for FFS this whole thing is bullshit".

10 Dec 2017 09:34 pm
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Gamertag: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya
Come on man, you had nothing to do whilst downloading a 10gb file. You've got stakes in this, you should be all over it.

I don't think it happened.

10 Dec 2017 09:36 pm
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

I'll help you out with the quote I think you're thinking of:

Quote:
“I certainly intend to facilitate the passage of a bill,” he said.

Facilitate is what he did.

Also, you should thank Tony Abbott for legalised SSM:

Quote:
“I put this process in place. I have, in a sense, facilitated the change,” he said.
In a sudden departure from his past rhetoric about marriage equality, Abbott said he wanted to see the legislation passed as soon as possible.

10 Dec 2017 09:44 pm
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote:
Come on man, you had nothing to do whilst downloading a 10gb file. You've got stakes in this, you should be all over it.

Between learning how to use After Effects, re-learning Reason, creating content for a youtube channel - trying to organise 4 contractors (1 here working with me in my studio, one in Malaysia and the other 2 in India) and trying update an ops manual.. I should be all over it? Some of us don't have the liberty to post drunk and critique others what they should be doing with the moments they get when they can focus on something else other than work.

Madmya wrote:
I'll help you out with the quote I think you're thinking of:

Quote:
“I certainly intend to facilitate the passage of a bill,” he said.

Facilitate is what he did.

Also, you should thank Tony Abbott for legalised SSM:

Quote:
“I put this process in place. I have, in a sense, facilitated the change,” he said.
In a sudden departure from his past rhetoric about marriage equality, Abbott said he wanted to see the legislation passed as soon as possible.

If that's what it was.. If you bothered to read.. I said I was happy to concede.. are you drunk again?

Secondly.. SSM would happen regardless - he doesn't deserve anything based on his comments and his campaigning for the NO vote. He enabled a horrid dialogue against LGBTI Australians. It didn't have to be this way.

10 Dec 2017 10:01 pm
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
Madmya wrote:

Between learning how to use After Effects, re-learning Reason, creating content for a youtube channel - trying to organise 4 contractors (1 here working with me in my studio, one in Malaysia and the other 2 in India) and trying update an ops manual.. I should be all over it? Some of us don't have the liberty to post drunk and critique others what they should be doing with the moments they get when they can focus on something else other than work.

*swoon* You must be soooo busy!!!!!! You're all over the place in your rambling. At one point you say you don't care then ramble on and on, then you say you have heaps of time to type nonsense but now have no time to fact check your own assertions. Get a grip.

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
If that's what it was.. If you bothered to read.. I said I was happy to concede.. are you drunk again?

Well shit, I thought you'd like to actually know the facts given it's clearly bothered you (wait, what's your carefactor level currently at?). But silly me, I suppose you'd have preferred living in your reality frothing about abbott and 75% electorates.

10 Dec 2017 10:15 pm
Wants it in 8 Directions

Your initial point was that electorates are irrelevant.. and I simply replied why it was of relevance.. because it was made relevant by MPs saying they would consider results when making their final decision. The media spoke a lot about it. Members of the community - in Abbott's electorate spoke about it. In the grand scheme of things.. it had relevance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/same-sex-marriage-if-the-survey-says-yes-how-will-your-mp-vote/9104112

This has reference to MPs saying they would vote in accordance to their electorate.

You're wrong - Get over it.

As for the Abbott media file? I've had a look.. can't find it.. already conceded I was likely wrong about it. I've made peace with that. So I suggest you get over that too.

In future I'll pepper my responses with :) so you can better gauge my carefactor level and frothiness. I save my frothiness for anything EA related now. My current carefactor is meh... why did I bother explaining in depth why I didn't bother following something up to someone on the interwebs.

10 Dec 2017 10:53 pm
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

You're right, clearly to some MPs their electorate results were important. Probably MPs who weren't passionate about the issue and didn't want to lose votes over it.

I'd also prefer an integer value of your carefactor please.

10 Dec 2017 11:15 pm
Wants it in 8 Directions

I'm probably at 3 bleeding out NO voters on the side of the road out of 10 types of sandwiches I could make.

10 Dec 2017 11:32 pm
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated

Gamertag: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside
Don't be a rainbow hater General

:sick:

12 Dec 2017 09:07 am
Wants it in 8 Directions

HA! :lol:

12 Dec 2017 01:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2