NRLW 2018 - Broncos the Premiers!!!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Re: NRL 2018 - Broncos charging towards top 4. Parra Choking

Post by pilonv1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Not the worst loss, but not good either. Bah.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Fuck this I'm sick of being a Panthers fan.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Actually ignore that
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:rollin: FAIDERS BACK AGAIN :rollin: :fight: :lol:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Penrith so disgusted they could only beat the useless Raiders in the last 10 minutes they sacked their coach :lol: :lol:
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Broncos put 50 on us. Coach stays.

Manly had an 18 point lead forcing yhe biggest comeback that late in a game in history. Cosch stays.

Raiders lead by 14 for a bit... yep let's sack the cunt now.

But honestly the club had been poor for 2 months. We had 5 wins this season where we were behind by 14 ormore and made a comeback by throwing Hooks gameplan out the window.

Crazy to do it now though. A complete coaching change snd new direcyion 4 weeks ftom finals.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Gus being Gus
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Broncos in crisis :lol: :fight:
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

FUCK YOU PENRITH STOP DOING THIS
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Fuck this Penrith situation is pretty fucking hilarious. They would rather abort their season than potentially go so deep in the finals that sacking Hook would be a PR nightmare.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Week 1 or 2 of finals is not deep. Hook has never beaten a top 4 team in the finals..not even with Darren Lockyer. He did make week 3 with Lockyer. Lost week 1 vs top 4 team, won week 2 vs shit team, lost week 3 vs top 4 team.

We we have been shit since Round 12 and weren't winning any finals games with Hook. Or without him it seems.

But that comes back to the roster and depth Hook wanted. Too many young guys in our team who couldn't maintain good form for a whole season. No depth whatsoever in the backs. Our reserve backline are not NRL quality.

We've had half our spine out for most of the season aswell as 2 experienced front rowers. Ontop of every player except Isaah Yeo missing games through injury.

It's a piss weak competition when a side can win games with those sorts of disruptions to the roster. Unless over similarly disrupted teams obviously. Certainly shouldnt be in the finals.

Says a lot for the issues other teams have when a young squad with a ridiculous injury toll, drama between players, coach, coaching staff and the board is sitting safely above more then half the competition. 1 win behind the first placed team.

I dont think we've proven ourselves worthy of top 8. Yet the best team in the comp is only 1 win better at the moment.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:Week 1 or 2 of finals is not deep. Hook has never beaten a top 4 team in the finals..not even with Darren Lockyer. He did make week 3 with Lockyer. Lost week 1 vs top 4 team, won week 2 vs shit team, lost week 3 vs top 4 team.

We we have been shit since Round 12 and weren't winning any finals games with Hook. Or without him it seems.

But that comes back to the roster and depth Hook wanted. Too many young guys in our team who couldn't maintain good form for a whole season. No depth whatsoever in the backs. Our reserve backline are not NRL quality.

We've had half our spine out for most of the season aswell as 2 experienced front rowers. Ontop of every player except Isaah Yeo missing games through injury.

It's a piss weak competition when a side can win games with those sorts of disruptions to the roster. Unless over similarly disrupted teams obviously. Certainly shouldnt be in the finals.

Says a lot for the issues other teams have when a young squad with a ridiculous injury toll, drama between players, coach, coaching staff and the board is sitting safely above more then half the competition. 1 win behind the first placed team.

I dont think we've proven ourselves worthy of top 8. Yet the best team in the comp is only 1 win better at the moment.
Well hang on, week 3 vs top 4 team was without Lockyer, wasn't it?

I agree that Hook pretty much had to go, but if they were so certain they wouldn't go deep, what's the point in sacking your coach and completely disrupting your side so close to the finals? There were rumours circulating for a long time that Penrith were going to get rid of Hook, it's hard to see they are untrue, so why wait until 4 weeks until the finals when you're just outside the 4? It's dumb, it makes no sense, unless they're worried he somehow got the team into a position where he couldn't be sacked.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Also, fuck Napa, and here come the Broncos! We just need to avoid Warriors and Storm in the finals. The former looking unlikely at present.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Week 1 or 2 of finals is not deep. Hook has never beaten a top 4 team in the finals..not even with Darren Lockyer. He did make week 3 with Lockyer. Lost week 1 vs top 4 team, won week 2 vs shit team, lost week 3 vs top 4 team.

Well hang on, week 3 vs top 4 team was without Lockyer, wasn't it?

I agree that Hook pretty much had to go, but if they were so certain they wouldn't go deep, what's the point in sacking your coach and completely disrupting your side so close to the finals? There were rumours circulating for a long time that Penrith were going to get rid of Hook, it's hard to see they are untrue, so why wait until 4 weeks until the finals when you're just outside the 4? It's dumb, it makes no sense, unless they're worried he somehow got the team into a position where he couldn't be sacked.
Gould wanted to make it work. But Hook refused to work with him or his coaching staff.

Hook comes out of this hating znd slamming Gus. Yet for 3 years Gus has done everything he could to make it work as he made the bonehead choice to sack Ivan and hire Hook without so much as an interview.

We hoped getting rid of him would turn the season around. But it happened far too late. It was supposed to be happening around our first bye. Which would have been perfect to have 4 or5 weeks of timeto get shit right with a few byes in there.

The sad thing is this comp is the weakest I've ever seen and we could win it with 4 weeks of decent footy. There's no standout team this year. Literally everyone in the 8 has been shit at some point lately.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Prefer to be us than the Dragons :lol:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Can Penrith just sack their coach again?
stanard wrote:Prefer to be us than the Dragons :lol:
Agreed
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Dragons made me feel better. I felt we were by far the worst team in the top 8. Dragons are just slightly worse at the moment
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:Also, fuck Napa, and here come the Broncos! We just need to avoid Warriors and Storm in the finals. The former looking unlikely at present.
Problem with the Warriors is they're unpredictable, and I don't mean that as a positive. There have been so many times they've played well, or had close scores to the top teams and then lost it to the bottom teams just when you think they're on a roll. Most of us in NZ expected them to miss the final 8 despite an amazing start to the season just because they are the Warriors. But here we are, first time since 2011 and I think second time in the top 8 playoffs? Anyway, no one expects them to win but who knows. As long as we don't play those cheating Broncos.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah when the warriors are expected to win they go to shit. I actually think Warriors/Broncos will be a great match up, I just fucking hate those warriors pricks. Lose when you back them, win when you back the other team. A constant pain in the arse.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:Yeah when the warriors are expected to win they go to shit. I actually think Warriors/Broncos will be a great match up, I just fucking hate those warriors pricks. Lose when you back them, win when you back the other team. A constant pain in the arse.
Sweet, so you'll be backing the Broncos if it's a Warruors/Broncos final then? :t0mby:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You better fucking believe it! :nana:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Warriors to win. You heard it here. B
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'm hoping they don't actually meet.
pilonv1