Eurydice Dixon

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Eurydice Dixon

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Horrible. Despicable. The perpetrator should be executed as far as I'm concerned.
------------------------------

The media has politicised her death and made it an attack on men now huh?
Disgusting and disrespectful on so many levels.
The Victorian premier has also attacked men in general over her death.
GET FUCKED.

---------------------
GameHED is right on a lot of his bullshit. There is a war on men right now.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Eurydice Dixon

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

All Andrews said in his statement posted to social media is women don’t need to change their behaviour, men do. I’m not reading an attack (unless he’s said something else I’ve not heard/read). There are millions of instances of women receiving unwanted, unsavoury attention from men so I’ll choose one I experienced first-hand that encapsulates why Andrews is right. I used to live on Grey St., St Kilda which is a pretty notorious strip. I could walk up and down that street all day and not hear a peep. My girlfriend on the other hand would endure constant foul taunts from dick head men. When she’d ignore them they’d flip straight to hateful abuse. Day in, day out. Some days it wouldn’t faze her, other days it would. So who needed to change their behaviour in this instance? That’s what Andrews is saying.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

That said I think the backlash police received for simply saying people need to be aware of their own safety is stupid. It was a homicide detective who made that initial comment so while it’s all well and good to say it should also be up to arseholes to change their attitudes, homicide cops of all people know that’s not going to happen.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Well, I prefer your version of it "arseholes need to change". I'm even ok with "arsehole men need to change".
I understand your point, but I still resent being categorized with criminals in their version.
All Andrews said in his statement posted to social media is women don’t need to change their behaviour, men do.
I don't. And none of the men I associate with do either (as far as I know).
Peppermint Lounge wrote:That said I think the backlash police received for simply saying people need to be aware of their own safety is stupid. It was a homicide detective who made that initial comment so while it’s all well and good to say it should also be up to arseholes to change their attitudes, homicide cops of all people know that’s not going to happen.
Ayup.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I think I know why GH hasn’t entered this thread.....he’s still typing the reply.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

War on men.

You do know what war is right?

Never mind, don't answer. Lizardmen. Fake outrage. Virtue signalling.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Sigh. You want to argue semantics. Then deflect sensible points into GameHEDs most insane nonsense. GG.
If you can't see the manipulation at work here, then I don't know what to say.

A state of armed conflict between different countries or different groups within a country.
A state of competition or hostility between different people or groups.
A sustained campaign against an undesirable situation or activity.

war of attrition
A prolonged period of conflict during which each side seeks to gradually wear down the other by a series of small-scale actions.

war of words
A prolonged, often acrimonious, debate.
Last edited by Twiztid Elf on 19 Jun 2018 04:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

What happened to her is terirble and the dude deserves everything coming to him, but he alone is to blame for what happened because nowhere in Australia is rape and murder a thing blokes sit around being OK with.

Men are way more likely to be assaulted in the street than women. Bad shit happens to both sexes, labelling the entire gender as basically rapists/woman beaters struggling to repress their urges is ridiculous and this is from the fucking PM now. Then I hear all this shit that the only way to fix this is gender equality and stuff like what the fuck is going on in Melbourne. Bad shit happens to people, bad shit happens to people out late at night in dark parks, when I walk home from the CBD and I go through parks, sure as shit I'm ready for anything because you are putting yourself in a situation where there's potential for danger, no matter your gender because the worlds full of unhinged fuckwads.

Each time I've done it it's been OK but the very next time I walk home through the parklands I'm always on guard because there's always that 1% chance. I always tell my wife not to do it and I don't like doing it with her because if we were to be attacked she's simply not strong enough to be any help (probably more a hinderance) if we are together and on her own her only hope would be too run. It is a situation risky to anyone because it's inherently a dangerous situation even throughout history it's one thing that hasn't changed. I accept I'm taking a risk doing it and that in an ideal world walking home shouldn't be an issue for anyone but considering the countless times someones tried to start a fight with me just walking around town on my own changing pubs etc you can never be too careful. Fuck the last time I was in Melbourne I left Crown after watching the movies to walk back to our hotel with my wife and some fuckwad lost his shit at me because he was having a bad night, had to power walk some long ass street making sure he wasn't gonna king hit me the whole time. I imagine if I were a smaller guy a lot of these situations I'd end up in fisty cuffs without a choice because you are more vulnerable to a deranged fuckwad. There's no gender selection when it comes to someone out to harm you randomly.

Wonder the next time some woman stabs her husband to death we'll hear about how all women need to change. It won't happen, here's a news article opinion piece basically summing it up from the last time all men were at fault for all female violence:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... a2e4aa259c
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

The thing I find interesting is the crowd that is so keen to make this a gender issue are the same people who defend Islam every time there is a terrorist act (#illridewithyou). It's the same.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Well, I prefer your version of it "arseholes need to change". I'm even ok with "arsehole men need to change".
I understand your point, but I still resent being categorized with criminals in their version.
All Andrews said in his statement posted to social media is women don’t need to change their behaviour, men do.
*ahem*
You don't. Good for you.
I don't. Good for me.
...men do. Not you specifically, not me specifically, just men in general.

Just because you personally don't fit the criteria of the kind of person that would do this doesn't mean that you're being singled out and attacked when people say "men need to change". It's not about you, don't make it about you. All you're doing when you cry about this kind of statement is reinforcing the stereotype of the kind of entitled dickhead that always says "not all men!" when these kinds of statements are made.

You don't need to change - excellent. Even better that you don't associate with people that (as far as you know) don't need to change.

The sad fact of the matter though, is that men in general do need to change. All you need to do is look at online forums for enough time, and before you know it you'll be neck-deep in Men's Rights Activists and incels and the like (and yes, I know you get the opposite flavours too). Go to a live gig, and if there are any female band members, they'll often be treated to calls of "show us your tits!" or "take it off!", etc.

Thankfully, change is happening. Slowly.

I will however make a concession to the culprit in this case though. He turned himself in pretty quickly. Not that I'm defending the guy or anything, but if there's any cause for redemption, that's it.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Madmya wrote:The thing I find interesting is the crowd that is so keen to make this a gender issue are the same people who defend Islam every time there is a terrorist act (#illridewithyou). It's the same.
The thing I find interesting is the crowd that is so keen to say Not All Men are the same people who attack Islam every time there is a terrorist act. It's the same.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Well I didn't think I needed to point that out but thanks for doing so.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I will however make a concession to the culprit in this case though. He turned himself in pretty quickly. Not that I'm defending the guy or anything, but if there's any cause for redemption, that's it.
His photo was thrown up as the guy police wanted. He didn't have anywhere to hide.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Shows how much attention I pay to news. :laugh:

Even still, that's never stopped anyone before.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It did all happen very quickly

The thing is with Elf's point, he's not exactly in a minority of blokes that feel this way. The language used is proving divisive, whether it's right or wrong. So to me it's questionable that this train of thought is actually doing anything beneficial.

My first reaction to the "this is a men's problem" theme was along the lines of, what are we supposed to do? Get our mates together and say "don't rape and murder?" There's a reason why people go to jail for these things, it's socially not acceptable behaviour. It just feels like these people are preaching to the choir.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I have a four year old son and a four month old daughter, therefore nearly all men are potential rapists or pedophiles. If they weren't so damned beautiful I wouldn't worry as much about things like that. But they're probably the best looking kids you've ever seen, so you can understand my (quite valid) fears..
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Twiztid Elf wrote:Well, I prefer your version of it "arseholes need to change". I'm even ok with "arsehole men need to change".
*ahem*
You don't. Good for you.
I don't. Good for me.
...men do. Not you specifically, not me specifically, just men in general.

Just because you personally don't fit the criteria of the kind of person that would do this doesn't mean that you're being singled out and attacked when people say "men need to change". It's not about you, don't make it about you. All you're doing when you cry about this kind of statement is reinforcing the stereotype of the kind of entitled dickhead that always says "not all men!" when these kinds of statements are made.

You don't need to change - excellent. Even better that you don't associate with people that (as far as you know) don't need to change.

The sad fact of the matter though, is that men in general do need to change. All you need to do is look at online forums for enough time, and before you know it you'll be neck-deep in Men's Rights Activists and incels and the like (and yes, I know you get the opposite flavours too). Go to a live gig, and if there are any female band members, they'll often be treated to calls of "show us your tits!" or "take it off!", etc.

Thankfully, change is happening. Slowly.

I will however make a concession to the culprit in this case though. He turned himself in pretty quickly. Not that I'm defending the guy or anything, but if there's any cause for redemption, that's it.
The women using this to push their gender shit aren't the victims either. There is one victim and she's paid the ultimate price. The headaches you must get with your brain trying to tell everyone that not all muslims are terrorists but all men are automatically guilty by association have to be extreme. The best bit about these screeching activists is that they fully endorse importing a culture that puts women in bags and treats them as a second class citizen, if it wasn't so ridiculously reckless to our children's safety and future their cognitive dissonance would be hilarious.

A homeless dude got beaten to death last week in Melbourne, don't see no hashtag for him anywhere either but shouldn't he have been safe too? Maybe a woman did it, when will they stop killing men? We could use this same basic and ridiculous assertion after every crime to smear each gender if we wanted to, it's stupid.

Also Hercy, the difference would be that we know and it is demonstrated that huge parts of local and overseas islamic communities DO want to kill people and agree with terrorist attacks and crimes so the reaction and judgement is not the same. Good luck finding a bunch of men who will go celebrating the rape and murder of a woman in a park.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Froggy wrote:
The women using this to push their gender shit aren't the victims either. There is one victim and she's paid the ultimate price. The headaches you must get with your brain trying to tell everyone that not all muslims are terrorists but all men are automatically guilty by association have to be extreme. The best bit about these screeching activists is that they fully endorse importing a culture that puts women in bags and treats them as a second class citizen, if it wasn't so ridiculously reckless to our children's safety and future their cognitive dissonance would be hilarious.

A homeless dude got beaten to death last week in Melbourne, don't see no hashtag for him anywhere either but shouldn't he have been safe too? Maybe a woman did it, when will they stop killing men? We could use this same basic and ridiculous assertion after every crime to smear each gender if we wanted to, it's stupid.

Also Hercy, the difference would be that we know and it is demonstrated that huge parts of local and overseas islamic communities DO want to kill people and agree with terrorist attacks and crimes so the reaction and judgement is not the same. Good luck finding a bunch of men who will go celebrating the rape and murder of a woman in a park.
I think you will find that the number of women who have been harassed/assaulted warrants the observation that there are a LOT of women out there who have been subjected to such actions and behaviours. I have seen a few polls and also asked female friends of mine how common it is and the response seems to be that if you are 30 and have never been harassed you're a walking miracle - that is a shame.

Secondly, commenting on women who push gender shit and not being victims is a pointless - Those people may infact speak for victims who don't want to be a figurehead for something. Given the number of women who are harassed/assaulted.. it's likely they may in fact be speaking for a friend, a relative, a family member. Just because it didn't happen to you, doesn't mean you can't stand up against it.

Men attack women far more than the other way round. Men also attack other men. The problem IS with men. It's a shit situation and YES YES - not all men.. but there are many men out there who enable others to continue doing the wrong thing.. there are men who are silent. There are also men who do speak up and end up getting king hit... by another man.

As or your comments about islamic communities overseas - yeah there are those types of muslims.. just like there are Australians who genuinely like the idea of asylum seekers (often women and children) drowning at sea or dying in detention. There are Australians who do say that we should just bomb the middle east - kill all the muzzies.. and are proud of it. The human species as some seriously awful, uneducated and shit people in its ranks. Often it has outdated religion and cultural beliefs that are a factor in these atrocities. But let's be fair and realistic.. There is a gender issue - there has been for centuries. Changing it is an incredibly difficult process - it has changed a lot in this country and not much in others..

As a man - I can say that men cause the most damage. While I may not have caused harm or sexually harassed any women - I know I can be someone who makes a stand and say - yes - we need to be better. Just like how I look at what is happening with with Nauru Manus Island - as Australians we need to be better - and that means doing the right thing.. which.. well.. it seems is trying to vote people in who will fix the problem (which is no easy fix I know).
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Froggy wrote: The headaches you must get with your brain trying to tell everyone that not all muslims are terrorists but all men are automatically guilty by association have to be extreme.
I like this comparison.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Speaking of cognitive dissonance... :rolleyes:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

But hey, haven't you heard Muhammad was the first feminist ever and the ideology of Islam impowers women with more rights because it's the most feminist religion period.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

guttermouth wrote:But hey, haven't you heard Muhammad was the first feminist ever and the ideology of Islam impowers women with more rights because it's the most feminist religion period.
Seeing as you obviously don't get it:

"All Muslims"
"Not all men"

Go work the rest of it out for yourselves.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Twiztid Elf wrote:
Froggy wrote: The headaches you must get with your brain trying to tell everyone that not all muslims are terrorists but all men are automatically guilty by association have to be extreme.
I like this comparison.
Except that calling for men’s behaviour to change isn’t implying all men are guilty by association. That’s your interpretation. I sure don’t feel that way. Women know not all men are rapists and murderers. It doesn’t need to be said and those men who do come off as defensive and insecure. Men are overwhelmingly perpetrators of sexual and/or violent crime. And while not all men behave badly, all the women I know have been harassed by men.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Except that calling for men’s behaviour to change isn’t implying all men are guilty by association. That’s your interpretation. I sure don’t feel that way. Women know not all men are rapists and murderers. It doesn’t need to be said and those men who do come off as defensive and insecure. Men are overwhelmingly perpetrators of sexual and/or violent crime. And while not all men behave badly, all the women I know have been harassed by men.
Nice post Pepp. Very thought provoking.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Froggy wrote:The women using this to push their gender shit aren't the victims either.

Right. I don't know why I'm surprised by just how much of a tool you are on this topic, given how familiar I am with your nonsensical ways, but there we go.
"Pushing their gender shit" - that just goes to show just how little empathy you have about the whole thing. Can you honestly tell me that none of the women in your life have ever been on the receiving end of emotional, verbal, sexual, or other kind of abuse from a guy just because they are attractive and/or wouldn't put out?
There is one victim and she's paid the ultimate price.
In this case, yes. This woman has indeed paid the ultimate price. The ultimate price for (and I'm going to generalise here, since we don't know the full facts yet) some bloke thinking he's entitled to something he's not. That doesn't mean she's the only victim though. Are you suggesting that we sweep this under the rug just because she's only one person and this was a one-time event for the perp?
The headaches you must get with your brain trying to tell everyone that not all muslims are terrorists but all men are automatically guilty by association have to be extreme.
Where the fuck did Islam come into this? Literally nobody with more than two brain cells to rub together are suggesting that "all men are automatically guilty by association". Just like literally nobody with more than two brain cells to rub together are suggesting that "all Muslims are terrorists". Well done on finding the term "cognitive dissonance", but I think you need to actually look it up before you start using it like you are.
You're right; he should have been safe. He should have been provided accessible and affordable housing by the state, but he wasn't. Perhaps a woman did beat him to death. Perhaps. It's statistically unlikely though:

Why isn't there a hashtag for him? Good question. Why don't you make one? Seeing as this crime hasn't even been reported in any news media, I think you've got a good case to make.
Go! Make this cause your own!
Good luck finding a bunch of men who will go celebrating the rape and murder of a woman in a park.
Really? Not all men.

So, in summation, let me just make this really clear for you, since you're having such a hard time understanding this:

Literally.

Nobody.

Is.

Saying.

"All. Men".