Interesting video on immigration

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Interesting video on immigration

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Interesting video on immigration

Post by Madmya »

Reka

Re: Interesting video on immigration

Post by Reka »

It is an interesting video, but it just outlines basic problem solving and how ineffective we are as a global community.

Basic problem solving: Identify root cause, address root cause. Apply band-aid solutions to minimise damage until root cause is addressed.

Root cause analysis: I'm pretty sure bombing the shit out of the middle east, corporations taking advantage of third world countries
and allowing corrupt regimes to remain in power aren't helping things.

Address root cause: ....currently the people with power and money don't seem to be too interested in overturning the apple cart. Perhaps voting the right people in and making corporations more accountable would be a good start?

Band-aid solution: Immigration is barely even a band-aid solution. It's more like paying lip service so the general public know that the problem has been acknowledged.

Obviously there are many more nuanced factors involved. The point I'm making that falls in line with that video: immigration does not address the root cause of massive poverty or atrocities across the world.

I don't have a simple answer to address the root cause. I don't think there is one. But immigration doesn't actually address the root cause. It just helps some people sleep better at night or give some people in power a platform to say "well, we're trying".
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]