The Anime Thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Re: The Anime Thread

Post by F for Fake »

GreyWizzard wrote:Finished One Punch Man. Holy Dooley it is amazing. I can see the comparisons to sections of DBZ and One Piece but it truly is it's own beast.

I love that even though the show is about Saitama every other character has more screen time. All the other players are the story. It's hard to explain but the concept works so well.

Seriously people need to watch the series.
I've started watching it (2 eps so far).
I haven't watched anything for the better part of 10 years. Man, what the hell happened to the average file size of an ep? It's less than half but with amazing quality, whereas regular TV eps have stayed the same.
Took me awhile to find it as I kept ignoring them, thinking they were some mobile phone version shoddy edition.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Just started Space Dandy, it's by the dude who created Cowboy Bebop, and it's not what I expected. It's super weird and surreal.

Two eps in and I don't know what to make of it. It's okay to watch but I have no idea what is actually happening. I'm interested but it's hard t stay hooked at the moment... it makes me question if I should watch more. I probably will but I hope things start to string together more. It's just frigging odd at the moment.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Started to watch Macross Delta. (only saw the preview episode)

Downloaded but didn't get time to see them.

Some good news for english fans of macross:

There is going to be release of the dvd/bluray with english subs in japan of the tv series! (first time bandai did it)
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.p ... opic=43871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have previously done a english sub version of the macross frontier movie included with ps3 game but apart from that most releases are barebones with no sub.
Will end up buying when the entire series is included as a boxset like I always do for tv series.

Only other mecha show I watched recently was Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans.

Link to entire series on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... cJU-Skw2Zm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can also watch other gundam shows and ova and other stuff free on youtube at the gundaminfo youtube channel.

Fans of Berserk 2016 anime will be happy about this:
Hyrule warriors for men!
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Anime news network posted an interesting article on Gundam.
Did you know that back in the 80s there was consideration to bring a hollywood movie based on the sci fi manga/anime?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/featur ... od/.127606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought that would be interesting for robot show watchers. I think a movie would end up like the Transformers live action movie today and the mech designs would look too complicated if made into cg and not appeal to fans of the animes and manga. The point of mass production robots is you make them quickly and they are kept simple while the hero uses a much more advanced model and despite being bad pilot can still kick butt due to the large difference between the performance of the Gundam experimental robot and the cannon fodder robots that still use conventional technology. IE Gundam is like ferrari or bugatti while others drive in economy cars. In the case of the original show a Gundam was 5 times (symbolised by the iconic "v" symbol on its forehead) the performance of normal mobile suits and can outmanuever the enemy with ease plus armed with superior rifle technology that shoot high powered beam to penetrate the hulking armor of the Zaku model suits which were the standard issue suit for the bad guys.

Hollywood never listens to fans and just does whatever it wants. It wouldn't turn out well unless in the hands of someone who respect the original creator's work enough not to shit all over it. What hollwwood should do is make mech warrior movie. Go with stuff americans are more familiar with that see robots as "walking tanks with some boosters to dodge" and not giant knights getting into saber duels. If things are grounded in realism I think people will respond better to this. (see Gundam 8thMSTeam anime as an example. The robots have mass produced look to them and appear very militaristic without the fancy toyish appearance of other robot shows. The only other series to do that around its time was Armored Trooper Votoms)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto