NRL Season 2019 - Broncos barely lose 58-0

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: NRL Season 2019 - Broncos barely lose 58-0

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Refs the main story. Again. NRL officiating is a basket case.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, that shit happened right in front of where I was sitting.

Game has a * next to it forever

*6again
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

So you had a good view of it coming off the raiders player?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I did. I also had a great view of the ref changing his mind mid-play after the Raiders attack was focused on what they were doing and didn't bother with any last-tackle plays.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Yes while it initially was the wrong call fucking with the rules the way they did by then changing it was worse.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Refs were shit, but the Refs didn't let the Roosters run the length of the field to score and the refs didn't result in Canberra only scoring 8 points all game.

Right result but shitty way to get there
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hey - we only scored 8 points per game, but both the Roosters tries came off fortunate turns of events. One being a rule that situationally punished a team for charging a ball down (a metre each way and if we're not scoring, we've got them in big trouble) and obviously #6again.

Our defense was more than good enough to win the game, and theirs was too because last I checked the Roosters are as legit as you can get with a football team.

If in the final 10 minutes they defend their arses off, get the ball back and take it for a try - well done lads, you deserve the win. Botching that 6 again horseshit completely reversed the flow of the game.

Not that anything can be done about it, but it certainly doesn't feel like we got beat by the better team.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

But the ball was turned over because Wighton took an easy tackle thinking he had 6. There’s no way he would’ve played like that had he thought it was the last tackle. If refs are now rewinding decisions after players have committed to plays based on their earlier incorrect decision they need to reset the game somehow and replay the previous play the ball. That was some crazy, game-breaking shit last night in the late stages of a tied GF. You couldn’t make up a worse case scenario.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yeah that whole thing was junk, the Raiders played that tackle as if they had 6 again...which they originally did.

It's a pretty big issue if the players need to play with the thought of the call being changed on the fly in their head. It changes the entire sport.

At the time I saw the ref wave 6 again and turned my focus back to what the Raiders were doing with the ball. Obviously the ball-carrier did too...and he's said as much.

Shit way to end a great game.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Also I’ve always considered Ricky Stuart a total nut. Maybe that’s why his reaction to all this has been Ghandi-like in its wisdom and maturity.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

No grey area now. The 2019 GF ruined by referees who don't know the rules of the game they're officiating.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/law-of ... 52z6n.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's the rule that shows that even when the NRL says they got the decision right, they actually got it wrong, and proves that Canberra were the victims of an incorrect call in Sunday's controversy-laden NRL grand final.

Rule 16.9 of the NRL's official 2019 Rugby League Laws of the Game, which governs when referees can change their calls, states once referee Ben Cummins had signalled six again in the decider he can only change that decision due to foul play.

"The referee judges on matters of fact and shall not subsequently alter those judgments," the rule states. "He may cancel any decision made if prior foul play of which he had no knowledge is reported to him by a touch judge."
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm glad that finally came out; I knew that because I actually fucking know the rules of the sport, which is why the bullshit with the Trainer at the start of the game doesn't trigger me as much because despite the rule being dumb and needing to be changed, it was applied correctly.

The 6-to-go thing was complete horseshit and changed the outcome of the game.

Thankfully the Raiders get the 2020 revenge tour likely to be an even better team than 2019.

It has the smell of the 2000 Essendon Bombers about it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Whispers around that DCE is about to come to the Broncos. He's exactly the kind of player we need, so I'm hoping it's true.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

DCE already shot that down, and he has a few years left to go on his deal with Manly...but I still wouldn't be shocked if he's standing underneath the goalposts in a Boncos jersey in 2020.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Gallen v Hall was a good fight! Both men in great condition, both showing good technique, both dishing and taking punches. I've watched far worse professional fights. Lol at the majority draw decision.