Coronavirus thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Madmya wrote: 13 Mar 2022 01:03 pm A lot of what you wrote makes sense, Ambrose, but the main issue I have is regarding this:
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 07 Mar 2022 10:24 am Omicron? Like I said when he announced the (4 week) delay, we didn't know how mild Omicron was, or how effective the vaccines were.
We knew it was mild, we had been talking about its mildness for quite a while at that point in time. While you can reasonably argue we didn't know how mild it was, we still knew it was mild and a stronger leader would have made decisions based on that. He took the ultra-conservative approach, too conservative, which I find amusing given your political leanings.
OK, so we're quibbling over a 4 week period.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I believe it's a two year period.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Good Friday my wife finds she can’t taste olives at lunch- tests positive for covid. Easter Sunday my youngest daughter has a “sore neck” (throat). We test her and she is positive. I feel symptoms on Tuesday and tests keep coming up negative. I go to a pop up station with the PCR test and get results back next morning- positive. I’m triple vaxxed (as is my wife) and I can tell you this is worse than any flu I’ve had. It’s only 4 days but I’m struggling to catch that breath every 10 or so minutes. Cough is rough on the chest and runny nose. I can only imagine what I’d have been like if I didn’t get vaccinated OR I’d gotten covid when it wasn’t so weak like it is now…

Everyone just get vaxxed. This ain’t no bullshit. I’m getting better each day but it’s a weird virus. I’ll go to bed like I did Wednesday night feeling cold as all buggery and then 5 minutes later I’m hot and stripping down to underwear and t shirt!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Sorry to hear, mate. It was a nasty week when I had it. Had not been that sick for years. At least the Blue boys are doing well. :D
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

RATs man... I hate them. It's a shame you're triple vaxxed and still getting slammed.

Funnily enough I've been bed-ridden the past three days, with a fairly constant fever for half of that time - negative on RAT and PCR. Guess I've got the flu.
Ambrose Burnside

Vince wrote: 22 Apr 2022 05:23 pm Good Friday my wife finds she can’t taste olives at lunch- tests positive for covid. Easter Sunday my youngest daughter has a “sore neck” (throat). We test her and she is positive. I feel symptoms on Tuesday and tests keep coming up negative. I go to a pop up station with the PCR test and get results back next morning- positive. I’m triple vaxxed (as is my wife) and I can tell you this is worse than any flu I’ve had. It’s only 4 days but I’m struggling to catch that breath every 10 or so minutes. Cough is rough on the chest and runny nose. I can only imagine what I’d have been like if I didn’t get vaccinated OR I’d gotten covid when it wasn’t so weak like it is now…

Everyone just get vaxxed. This ain’t no bullshit. I’m getting better each day but it’s a weird virus. I’ll go to bed like I did Wednesday night feeling cold as all buggery and then 5 minutes later I’m hot and stripping down to underwear and t shirt!
Ah damn feel better my man.

You too Madmya. The flu's no joke either.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Thanks Ambrose, I'm past the worst of it and on the mend.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Thanks Ambrose. Inexplicably after I wrote that I’ve gotten much better. Still slight shortness of breath. Cough still lingers and runny nose persists but they’re far less obtrusive than they were. Either way this is much worse than any flu I’ve ever had.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: 22 Apr 2022 08:51 pm Sorry to hear, mate. It was a nasty week when I had it. Had not been that sick for years. At least the Blue boys are doing well. :D
About those blue boys… we aren’t doing as well as some outsiders might think. Very average team to be honest.

This covid ain’t no joke though. Wish more would take it as serious as what it is.
Ambrose Burnside

But ... The football season hasn't started yet :(

WA lifting most restrictions on Friday. I think the only restrictions that will remain is that masks will continue to be required in hospitals, public transport and other high risk areas like nursing homes. Everything else is being dropped in line with the rest of the country from Friday.

85.3% of those eligible for the booster in WA has received it (79% total so I'm assuming we'll hit 80% this week, which was the goal to relax restrictions). Next best is ACT on 76.9% eligible. QLD bringing up the rear on 66%
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Most people just don't care about it anymore. I know people who are double jabbed, just got covid, and now have no motivation to get boosted. I can't blame them either, I wouldn't.
Ambrose Burnside

Yeah that's true.

Workplace vaccination mandates are the only reason WA's rate is so high. Those mandates will stay in place after Friday too. I'm assuming they'll stay in place until everyone who had to get two doses has gotten their booster too.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Our work lifted the mandate after around 4 weeks, if only I'd held on a little longer rather than going through all that anguish.......
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Reka

Post by Reka »

Tomby, if you're having second thoughts just get unjabbed. Oh wait....

Seriously though, I think it sucks you were coerced into doing something you weren't comfortable with and didn't want to do in order to do what you needed to. What happened 4 weeks later has no bearing on that sentiment - up front it's just plain wrong. The fact that they backflipped on it a month later just rubs salt into the wound. That sucks man.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It does suck, I'm back in Anxious Town as my second jab looms closer in order to qualify for flying. Thankfully the Government's all around the world care about our health so much that they're all signing the World Health Organisations Pandemic treaty.

https://thecountersignal.com/government ... ic-treaty/
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Our house had covid this past week. It hit her pretty hard as she'd not had it before. The kids were spluttering for a couple of days but it was a light illness for them. Light for me also this time vs when I had it in Jan. I was the last to get it. Super faint second line on my RATs and head cold symptoms only. No chest, fatigue, etc.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So the UK Government has made a very quiet announcement......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Got the bug about two month ago now - didn't know I had until I took a RAT test - lines were glowing. It hit me pretty hard, almost as bad as when I got chicken pox as an adult. Fatigue, lower back and leg pain and a cough that just wouldn't go away - even after I got better. This was after having all the shots. Work has been mandating the 4th shot for over 50s (thankfully not me) but I don't seeing it having much effect if the virus keeps mutating. Glad I got it, will have some type of natural immunity now.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Reka

Post by Reka »

t0mby wrote: 30 Aug 2022 04:12 pm So the UK Government has made a very quiet announcement......
We were sold 100% safe and effective vaccines.

The 'effective' part of that unraveled months ago.

They're still 100% safe though, right?
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Twiztid Elf wrote: 17 Jun 2021 08:15 pm Next is either climate lockdowns, or more likely "cyber attacks".

When the internet returns, you'll need a cyber biometric passport to access it.
This passport will be tied into your health, finance and credit score, family, lifestyle, social circles, criminal and ALLEGED criminal behavior.