Coronavirus thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Reka

Coronavirus thread

Post by Reka »

Seems topical.

OK - pop quiz hotshots:

What date will you be asked to not come into work?
What date will you contract Coronavirus?
What date will you actually be diagnosed with it?
How many toilet paper rolls are enough?
What date will apapthy kick in and we all just go about life the same way we did 6 months ago (maybe minus some grandparents)?
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I went to the doctor with Cold symptoms on Tuesday. Headache, coughing, general tiredness. I've not been overseas, nor do I know anyone who has been in the last month, not have come on contact with anyone who has.

Got told to take the rest of the week off.

People in low-paying casual jobs just won't go to the doctor..
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yes they're happy to spread infection which will lead to potential deaths.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Anyone here got it?

Can we set up a quarantine forum for members?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Best remedy?. Nice warm bowl of bat soup.

On a less stupider note I’m glad someone made a thread about this. I’m just going to out only when needed, avoid public transport where you’re squeezed in between others ( like yesterday) .

I washed my hands with soap for a good 20 seconds then used aquim, and finally some cream because of the dryness.

Yes, this is quite crazy. Toilet paper is hard to come by but managed to get a hold of some last week. Paper towels on the other hand, none. We’re empty!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

WFH is already being encouraged. Not sure if they will make it mandatory. We're actually in the process of moving to a new office :lol: My team scheduled for the start of June, flu-season :lol:

Had a scare last week. Team mate came back into the office from London for one day, has been sick since. I came down with a godawful cough a day or two after her one day in the office. I was OK-ish the next day, and have been getting better every day since, she still isn't back at work. She tested negative though, she has the regular flu, but was still put in isolation and was quite sick. Not sure what I copped. A cold I guess.

I'll go with the start of June.

I fucking hate people. Their true colours have been shown over the last couple of weeks and it's not pretty. And it's only going to get worse.

What date will apathy kick in and we all just go about life the same way we did 6 months ago (maybe minus some grandparents)?

Hopefully before the end of the footy season!
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'm down to one day a week contact, which has reduced my exposure to public transport by 80%- but it's at a university so I'm probably already a vector for boomer remover. TBH I expected to see far more Sub-Zero cosplays on campus than I did this week, I guess the travel bans had a lot to do with that.

I am protected by the holy blood of Christ, and have also taken measures to cut back on licking doorknobs.

I'm not rich, famous, or involved in the health care system enough to get tested, so I'm not likely to be diagnosed.

Haven't been stockpiling and my supplies are low. I've been tipped off to a major delivery time and location so I should be fine.

What date will apathy kick in and we all just go about life the same way we did 6 months ago (maybe minus some grandparents)?
It's already business as usual here, cooped up indoors playing videogames. I named my Koffing "SARS-CoV-2".

And I'll just leave this here for a bit of levity:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:

I fucking hate people. Their true colours have been shown over the last couple of weeks and it's not pretty. And it's only going to get worse.
I swear to god... the only reason there's a toilet paper shortage is because people were afraid of a toilet paper shortage and bought it all. Good thing I do most of my pooping at work!

Also, wtf is with the run on pasta? Nobody in the country eats that much pasta, ffs!

Also also, I was mildly amused that the people stocking up on bog roll and hand sanitizer weren't using the trolley wipes. Nice.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I so very fucking hate people!!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Norm MacDonald has now named it the Tom Hanks Disease.....

Dude from work just came back from Thailand on Saturday and comes back to work Monday. Guessing he has more of a chance catching a STD rather than Corona...
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Hand sanitiser is shit, don't my believe the hype.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

At work but we're getting an update today. The meeting will be conducted via Microsoft Teams which is probably a prelude of things to come.

If cases surge then probably in the coming fortnight or so. My son is at school today however half his class is absent.

I wouldn't chase a diagnosis if I get symptoms.

The wretched hoarding cunts.

What date will apapthy kick in and we all just go about life the same way we did 6 months ago (maybe minus some grandparents)?
Don't know. Will be interesting to observe. It's early days and already my social media feed features multiple punch-ons in supermarkets. The impact to the ecomony will be far-reaching and will get pretty personal. For example a family member of mine has pulled out of a new off-the-plan apartment buy over fears they won't be able to sell their current place in the midst of COVID-19. Small businesses and small business employees are in for a rough ride too.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

t0mby wrote:Hand sanitiser is shit, don't my believe the hype.
Hand sanitiser (antiseptic alcohol gel) doesn't clean dirty hands. It disinfects physically clean hands. It's deployed widespread in the health services industry so it definitely works as advertised.

But yeah if you have dirty hands, use soap and water.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The WFH question is being asked at my workplace today. I'm high priority though, so I have no idea how this will affect me. Ooooof.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Yup. Working from home as of Wednesday. The Luddites in my team with shit internet and computers are hating life ahahaha
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

In relation to the OP questions, my work is quite isolated. I work in a container hoist on my own and rarely interact with others. If I was to get it the chances are it would be bought home from Kindy or Primary School.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I have been exposed to some lamestream media this evening, and fuck me.....all I gotta say is:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

soooo... we don't all speak RWNJ meme, hey.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It's a reference to the film Idiocracy. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's awesome.
Once a comedy, now a documentary.
Right wing nut job? What?
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

unfnknblvbl wrote:soooo... we don't all speak RWNJ meme, hey.
:lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Coronavirus thread

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Dropped into Woolies on the way home to grab some meat for dinner. Only one section of meat section was still stocked......yup that plant based meat bullshit. No one's touching that shit
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Got back from NZ on Tuesday so have to self-isolate for 2 weeks, but I WFH 80% of the time anyway so no real change for me heh. Regardless global HQ has told everyone to WFH unless onsite work is business critical. It will play havoc with the other 20% of my job though which is all external and client site visits etc. Lots of sites have implemented temp checks on entry, and plenty have banned visitors all together. Last two days have just been all business contingency plan meetings blah blah blah.

Coming back through Syd airport on Tuesday though...was very disconcerting that there were NO extra checks on incoming passengers except for a couple of extra yes/no questions on the immigration smart gate panels. And info on the required self-isolation and what it entails was very very sparse.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

NZ closes its borders tonight at midnight. Only citizens and permanent residents are allowed into the country.

We're full, fuck off. :lol:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Working from home for the foreseeable future.

A fight almost broke out when I secured some TP, the delivery guy accidentally rolled his pallet jack over some dudes foot and it was on like Donkey Kong. :lol: