Coronavirus thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Candy Arse wrote: 11 Feb 2022 04:05 pm
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 05 Feb 2022 03:23 pm It's frustrating but it also really does show that ignorance.. plus the idea that it doesn't affect them - so it isn't important. It's staggering to consider how many people have shrugged their shoulders about other nameless people who have died or potentially will die.. it apparently only counts if you or someone you know is doing the dying.
You're right, it doesn't affect me -

My wife who, because of the ban on elective surgery in Victoria, lives in pain on a daily basis due to her severe Endometriosis and has to wait until our overlords decides people like her are worthy of a quick day trip to the hospital to be worked on by a surgeon who currently can't work because the ban on elective surgery rules out the procedures she actually does.

Going a step further, this surgery is preventing my wife and I from starting a family which we have been working on for some time now, but Endo can throw a massive spanner into the works as far as fertility goes so she needs the operation in order to assess if she can conceive naturally or if we need to look at applying for IVF.

But hey, we aren't affected by this because we didn't die from covid. We've both had it (unvaxxed), but didn't die. Our bad yo.

Or friends of mine who have had to shut their businesses down and find other lines of work due to the crazy amounts of lockdowns that people in Victoria have endured. In specific cases, a male friend of mine who I've been supporting and counseling who attempted to take his own life because of how his mental health spiralled after the 5th lockdown that was the one that put the final nail in the business coffin.

Doesn't count I guess because he didn't die, let alone die from covid.

Or some of my nieces and nephews whose development, social skills and mental health clearly suffered with things like playground closures, crazy amounts of at home schooling, not being able to see friends or family members.

I could go on about things like people dipping into their super to pay the bills because they were declared non-essential workers for months on end, or a family member who was hospitalised after a major car crash and was not allowed to have any visitors the entire time in hospital BeCaUsE cOvId but I have no interest in turning this into a pity party because it isn't, needless to say my point is that the effects of ludicrous, nonsensical government overreach and policy extends far beyond "covid" deaths, and in addition to that just be careful assuming that if someone is against mandates, against hysteria, against wacky policy etc that it must not affect them.
My point was about death rates.

Obviously we've all been affected in various ways but I'm not going to make this a pissing contest because you went absolutely all in for the pity party.

My comment was about people dismissing the fact that people gave died and just shrugging their shoulders about it like "oh well they had a good life".

You've had a stab at Ambrose for not including a further contribution of yours but you just cherry picked a section of mine so you could make this about you.. rather than keeping it on topic about death rates.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Candy Arse wrote: 11 Feb 2022 04:05 pm but I have no interest in turning this into a pity party because it isn't
nek minut...
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 11 Feb 2022 07:56 pm Obviously we've all been affected in various ways but I'm not going to make this a pissing contest because you went absolutely all in for the pity party.
Tell me you aren't paying attention without telling me you aren't paying attention. Definitely no need to make this a pissing contest because it isn't one.
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 11 Feb 2022 07:56 pm so you could make this about you..
Also GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 05 Feb 2022 03:23 pm My dad has emphysema. He is vaccinated. BUT his underlying medical condition makes his risk of getting very ill and dying higher. When you consider that we do have a significant population of ageing Australians.. and that this particular demographic lived different lives to us in terms of knowing and understanding health like we do now. My dad smoked and drank since he was 12. There is a huge number of Australians in their 60's and upwards that probably did not have access to education or consider their health as a priority and they are now living with those decisions by way of medical conditions. I see those people daily. Poor health combined with getting old which does indeed reduce our overall resilience due to our bodies... it goes without saying that the vaccine is about bolstering our ability to prevail the infection.
facepalm.emoji
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 11 Feb 2022 07:56 pm You've had a stab at Ambrose for not including a further contribution of yours but you just cherry picked a section of mine so you could make this about you.. rather than keeping it on topic about death rates.
Sorry I missed the part where you mentioned death rates, mainly because in your post you didn't use the words 'death' or 'rates'. Instead you went along the lines of "It doesn't affect them so it isn't important", which is what caught my attention due to how completely off the mark that statement was.

Actually it does affect people, in more ways than just covid deaths. I agree with you completely about protecting the vulnerable, except that isn't what has actually happened the past couple of years. Instead the overwhelming majority of covid deaths (for whatever that is worth considering the actual data that goes with those statistics) have been in vulnerable people, whilst insane/hysterical government policy has created an entirely new class of vulnerable people. Well done guys, you did it.

But I'm happy to discuss death rates. Australia or globally? Either way you're looking at a very small percentage.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Candy Arse wrote: 12 Feb 2022 09:17 am I agree with you completely about protecting the vulnerable, except that isn't what has actually happened the past couple of years. Instead the overwhelming majority of covid deaths (for whatever that is worth considering the actual data that goes with those statistics) have been in vulnerable people
But it HAS been about protecting the vulnerable. And it has worked - the numbers surely would have been far, far higher in vulnerable people if none of the restrictions, rules and vaccine mandates had been put in place?

Example take look at where the majority of deaths were in Sweden's herd immunity strategy of 2020.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Candy Arse wrote: 11 Feb 2022 04:05 pm but I have no interest in turning this into a pity party because it isn't
nek minut...
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 11 Feb 2022 07:56 pm Obviously we've all been affected in various ways but I'm not going to make this a pissing contest because you went absolutely all in for the pity party.
Tell me you aren't paying attention without telling me you aren't paying attention. Definitely no need to make this a pissing contest because it isn't one.
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 11 Feb 2022 07:56 pm so you could make this about you..
Also GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 05 Feb 2022 03:23 pm My dad has emphysema. He is vaccinated. BUT his underlying medical condition makes his risk of getting very ill and dying higher. When you consider that we do have a significant population of ageing Australians.. and that this particular demographic lived different lives to us in terms of knowing and understanding health like we do now. My dad smoked and drank since he was 12. There is a huge number of Australians in their 60's and upwards that probably did not have access to education or consider their health as a priority and they are now living with those decisions by way of medical conditions. I see those people daily. Poor health combined with getting old which does indeed reduce our overall resilience due to our bodies... it goes without saying that the vaccine is about bolstering our ability to prevail the infection.
Candy Arse wrote: 12 Feb 2022 09:17 am facepalm.emoji
You made it a pissing contest by deciding to compare elective surgery and starting a family to keeping vulnerable people such as the elderly and those with underlying conditions (usually these two demographics overlap considerably hence my example of my father and having a generation that likely did not have the health education we had)

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 11 Feb 2022 07:56 pm You've had a stab at Ambrose for not including a further contribution of yours but you just cherry picked a section of mine so you could make this about you.. rather than keeping it on topic about death rates.

Candy Arse wrote: 12 Feb 2022 09:17 am Sorry I missed the part where you mentioned death rates, mainly because in your post you didn't use the words 'death' or 'rates'. Instead you went along the lines of "It doesn't affect them so it isn't important", which is what caught my attention due to how completely off the mark that statement was.
Tell me you didn't read my whole post properly without telling me. I'll speak plain next time.

Candy Arse wrote: 12 Feb 2022 09:17 am Actually it does affect people, in more ways than just covid deaths. I agree with you completely about protecting the vulnerable, except that isn't what has actually happened the past couple of years. Instead the overwhelming majority of covid deaths (for whatever that is worth considering the actual data that goes with those statistics) have been in vulnerable people, whilst insane/hysterical government policy has created an entirely new class of vulnerable people. Well done guys, you did it.

But I'm happy to discuss death rates. Australia or globally? Either way you're looking at a very small percentage.
Why do think people have been so shitty at how the federal government has handled aged care? It's their responsibility and it's where so many Australians have died. The facts are plain and clear on that one.

Given that this is a new virus (in historical terms.. its still new) if the government underreacted, the death count would have been higher. QLD is a great example of keeping it low. Now.. even with 90% Vax rates people are dying and it's those people we suspected.. and then surprisingly those we didn't.. covid has killed more people than the flu in 2017.. close to.. if not more than twice the mortality rate.
We more infections that occur, the higher % of deaths. The more infections, the increased risk of additional strains coming into play. Again.. scientists have learned a lot over these 2 years but there is still more to learn and caution still needs to be shown.
We've had around 4500 deaths in our country since this began. People with long covid... its not ideal.

If we didn't approach it with caution.. our death rates would have been much higher. As stanard said..it HAS been about protecting vulnerable people. It's a shame that our government has failed to focus on it as much as they should have.. aged care was their responsibility.

Death rates from a statistical point may be considered low by your standards.. but from a medical perspective they are high enough to warrant concern and action from those with experience and qualifications in those fields.

I think in Australia.. its currently around 1 in 630 odd people die from the virus. With an ageing population... that's concerning. Line up those you know over 60 and tell them their likelihood of dying is higher again and that.. you know.. its still a low number.. *shrug* because that's ultimately what you do when you down play death rates. Those people still die.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You've spent a lot of time talking about how our most vulnerable will die from this virus, then blamed the government for our most vulnerable dying from this virus. So let's get more specific, what exactly should have been done differently when it comes to the government and aged care?
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote: 14 Feb 2022 11:17 am You've spent a lot of time talking about how our most vulnerable will die from this virus, then blamed the government for our most vulnerable dying from this virus. So let's get more specific, what exactly should have been done differently when it comes to the government and aged care?
The federal government has consistently been reactive and effectively too many steps behind.
They stalled and ignored health advice. In January.. I had the basic risk assessment to cancel a fitness retreat to Vietnam. In March, scomo was bragging that he was going to a football match giving the wrong message AGAIN to the public.

The refusal to act promptly regarding quarantine and reconfiguring aged care practices. This refusal blended in with the lack of accountability to federal responsibilities such as aged care, quarantine and vaccine roll out.

Vaccine roll out - delaying ignoring playing unnecessary handball with Pfizer.

Quarantine- not having a prompt plan but then bad mouthing state based suggestions. The LNP government was frequently taking cracks at QLD over their quarantine plans BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD NOT MADE ANY EFFORT TO COME UP WITH ONE THEMSELVES.

Most recently there was a jab at them about the new qld facility being too late and at tax payers expense.. One word - NAURU.

Aged Care - plans to stop contractor interchanging between facilities were never implemented.

Look I could go on and on. Ultimately we had a bunch of pollies too busy trying to save money and face but then costing us far more in both money and lives.
A better message, a better plan and a far better response would have improved the performance of our pandemic management. It's consistently been too little.. too late.. the the states having to manage it themselves. At least that's what it's been like for QLD and WA.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Well he did pray.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

stanard wrote: 14 Feb 2022 03:49 pm Well he did pray.
Because we all know how important and productive that is 😏😏
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

NZ broke into 4 digits for new cases for the first time yesterday and now we got another 1500 today.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

WA border re-opening on the 5th March. when 70% of the 16+ population will have had their boosters. 80% expected to be hit later in March.

4 square metre rule to be introduced at hospitality places, and places like Optus will be capped at 75% capacity as we work our way through the peak (estimated late March when it's estimated that the daily death count will be 3 times lower than NSW when adjusted for population). As far as I know, they're the only real restrictions on top of what we already have (mask wearing indoors).

Dancing not banned :lol: Kebabs still legal after a run :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 14 Feb 2022 01:29 pm
Madmya wrote: 14 Feb 2022 11:17 am You've spent a lot of time talking about how our most vulnerable will die from this virus, then blamed the government for our most vulnerable dying from this virus. So let's get more specific, what exactly should have been done differently when it comes to the government and aged care?
The federal government has consistently been reactive and effectively too many steps behind.
They stalled and ignored health advice. In January.. I had the basic risk assessment to cancel a fitness retreat to Vietnam. In March, scomo was bragging that he was going to a football match giving the wrong message AGAIN to the public.

The refusal to act promptly regarding quarantine and reconfiguring aged care practices. This refusal blended in with the lack of accountability to federal responsibilities such as aged care, quarantine and vaccine roll out.

Quarantine- not having a prompt plan but then bad mouthing state based suggestions. The LNP government was frequently taking cracks at QLD over their quarantine plans BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD NOT MADE ANY EFFORT TO COME UP WITH ONE THEMSELVES.

Most recently there was a jab at them about the new qld facility being too late and at tax payers expense.. One word - NAURU.

Aged Care - plans to stop contractor interchanging between facilities were never implemented.

Look I could go on and on. Ultimately we had a bunch of pollies too busy trying to save money and face but then costing us far more in both money and lives.
A better message, a better plan and a far better response would have improved the performance of our pandemic management. It's consistently been too little.. too late.. the the states having to manage it themselves. At least that's what it's been like for QLD and WA.
It says it all really when I ask what the government should have done to fix aged care and almost the entirety of the wall of text is meaningless and irrelevant to my question except for this part:
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 14 Feb 2022 01:29 pmAged Care - plans to stop contractor interchanging between facilities were never implemented.
And there's a very easy answer to that question, in that doing so would create huge staffing problems in a sector that already has huge staffing problems. There are problems in aged care that have been there for a long time, pre-pandemic, and yes they DO need to be addressed. The aged care sector is shocking, but the question here is pandemic-related and you've given one dud answer.
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 14 Feb 2022 01:29 pmIn January.. I had the basic risk assessment to cancel a fitness retreat to Vietnam. In March, scomo was bragging that he was going to a football match giving the wrong message AGAIN to the public.
Lolz come on man, are you seriously comparing going to Vietnam for a fucking fitness retreat to going to the footy? Shit, even I went to multiple football games in that time.

How's that quarantine going on for QLD?

As seen in The Australian:
The cat’s just had kittens, and I blame Scott Morrison.

Jeanette W. Fahey, Mosman, NSW
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

How's the Weak Cunt in the West, fucks over countless people and businesses by being a bitch and cancelling the Feb 5th date, only to extend by less than a month.

"The new Health Advice"

:wanker:

Disclaimer: I was going to have a crack no matter the date.

Edit: Happy for my 19000th post to be dedicated to BBM. :aussie:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote: 19 Feb 2022 10:41 pm
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 14 Feb 2022 01:29 pm

madmya wrote: It says it all really when I ask what the government should have done to fix aged care and almost the entirety of the wall of text is meaningless and irrelevant to my question except for this part:
You had a crack at me for rolling out certain words.. in this situation.. the big 3 responsibilities of the Federal.. NOT State Governments. Unlike our government.. I was thorough and actually gave information.

Perhaps the grammar of your question could have been better? Don't ask for specifics if you can't ask the question properly. Had you said "what exactly should have been done differently when it comes to the handling of aged care by the government?"

Take the feedback on that one - it was a poorly worded question. Don't have a go at me if you didn't get the specifics you wanted.. and even then.. if you bothered to read what I wrote.. I did give you relevant answers like they refused to act promptly (Ruby Princess anyone?) and they failed to recognise the huge hole in existing aged care practices such as contractors hopping from facility to facility.
madmya wrote:
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 14 Feb 2022 01:29 pmAged Care - plans to stop contractor interchanging between facilities were never implemented.
madmya wrote: And there's a very easy answer to that question, in that doing so would create huge staffing problems in a sector that already has huge staffing problems. There are problems in aged care that have been there for a long time, pre-pandemic, and yes they DO need to be addressed. The aged care sector is shocking, but the question here is pandemic-related and you've given one dud answer.
.. you mean that sector that has been understaffed for years already and that already had a Royal Commission into quality and SAFETY.. Which let's remind everyone again that the economic masterminds that are the LNP have clearly not been allocating enough funds to (shall I link to that video of Josh Frydenberg crowing about his budget wizardry.. while aged care was in dire need of additional funding??) ... The fact that the Federal Government SHOULD have already had contingencies in place to stop contractor interchanging is proof that they have no idea how to manage a pandemic but also not having any plans for.. well.. ANYTHING.

You're calling a dud answer and it's one of the main reasons the virus spread through aged care facilities. Not to mention not acting promptly (I mentioned this already.... but I guess you could also say the vaccine roll out also affected aged care too.. apparently by your standards, that's irrelevant too. :rolleyes:
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 14 Feb 2022 01:29 pmIn January.. I had the basic risk assessment to cancel a fitness retreat to Vietnam. In March, scomo was bragging that he was going to a football match giving the wrong message AGAIN to the public.
madmya wrote: Lolz come on man, are you seriously comparing going to Vietnam for a fucking fitness retreat to going to the footy? Shit, even I went to multiple football games in that time.
[/quote]

Yes - I am.. because in January.. I realised recognised this was serious. I had clients wanting a retreat in June/July and I was like NOPE. Not happening. My communication to my clients was that this was serious. Why is it that I had the sense to cancel? I also provided rational, prompt and correct info early on so I could be ready for something and yet this government didn't.. and they also continually downplayed it?

The point of it was that our PM was not taking the situation seriously. It sounds as though you've completely forgotten why it matters and scomo loves you for that. The fuckwit had announced a directive to restrict or CANCEL all NON-ESSENTIAL gatherings of 500+ people. It was apparently serious enough to announce it come into effect as of the Monday.. he announced it on the Friday arvo.. and then said.. oh I'm going to the footy. I mean what the actual fuck? Less that 2 days of impact? As a LEADER.. he should not have said this.. it confused people and at the time it was completely fucking stupid to imply.. oh.. Saturday is fine.. but in less than 2 days time.. NO. Another example of him NOT leading by example and being a fuckwit.
madmya wrote: How's that quarantine going on for QLD?

As seen in The Australian:
The cat’s just had kittens, and I blame Scott Morrison.

Jeanette W. Fahey, Mosman, NSW

As for the quarantine going in QLD? No idea. This news article from the ABC is the best we'll likely get at this time.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-19/ ... /100840908

It sounds a bit odd and dodgy.. but hey.. if the Federal Government was involved.. and had got their act together earlier.. it wouldn't be happening.. because they'd have already done something else..

I'm happy to call any party out if it's looking dodgy.. Wellcamp seems off from that article.. But I think it's fair to say that the Federal LNP have got Wellcamp beaten in terms of dodgy.. Nauru? Christmas Island? I mean let's be real - the government has certainly set the bar high in terms of off shore detention being such a huge waste of money. *shrug*
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible at forming a coherent sentence, but all of the relevant information was there for anyone to figure out. Specifically, what should the federal government have done differently with respect to aged care. There were a lot of words following that question, but almost all of it was just fluff so you cannot claim to have been "thorough and actually gave information". Just saying things like they're just being reactive and too slow doesn't actually say anything when it doesn't have context. Slow regarding what? That's why I asked for specifics, because I'm not convinced you aren't just like everyone else and rolling out keywords without having any actual weight behind those words. And I'm still not convinced, because the only thing you have is that they should have stopped staff from interchanging between aged care facilities, which I just don't see as a possibility. I agree with you that the federal government has dropped the ball on aged care in general, and because of that the problems were exacerbated during the pandemic, but that's not what we're arguing here.

I think we're all in awe of your wisdom to recognise that you shouldn't go to a foreign country which doesn't have the facilities of a first world country when an unknown respiratory virus began to sweep the world. You shouldn't let Scomo going to a footy game, which was within the health advice at the time, keep you up at night. It's just not worth it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Also, I'll add that Nauru is at least effective - it's an expensive deterrent. I don't know if you can say the same for QLD Labor's Wellcamp facility, which is sounding dodgier by the day.
One of Labor Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk’s top political advisers took a senior job with a Labor-aligned lobbying firm just two months before its client was given a secret contract to run the Wellcamp quarantine facility.

Denise Spinks, Ms Palaszczuk’s deputy chief of staff until September last year, was in charge of the cabinet agenda and privy to con­fidential documents and discussions when the controversial quarantine camp was approved.

Lobbying firm Anacta Strategies, headed by another former top Palaszczuk staffer Evan Moorhead, hired Ms Spinks in November as “consultancy director”.

It was revealed on Thursday by The Australian that Aspen Medical – which in January was awarded a lucrative contract to provide medical services for the 1000-bed Wellcamp facility without it going to tender – was a client of Anacta.

The Palaszczuk government has repeatedly refused to release details of the planned operations of the facility or its contract with Aspen Medical.

Ms Palaszczuk has faced increasing questions over the high-level access and favour for Labor-aligned lobbyists and their clients.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... a2980d8fc9
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Madmya wrote: 19 Feb 2022 10:48 pm How's the Weak Cunt in the West, fucks over countless people and businesses by being a bitch and cancelling the Feb 5th date, only to extend by less than a month.

"The new Health Advice"
Your definition of strong/not being a "bitch" is fucked in the head.

New advice? At the time of the delay the CHO recommended ... We reopen when we will (based purely on booster numbers, at that point in time we had no idea when the east would "peak" as cases/hospitalisations/deaths were still increasing at that point in time).
The benefit of booster shots across the population of Western Australia would start to be offset by waning vaccine protection rates at the end of March, according to advice from the state’s Chief Health Officer to Premier Mark McGowan.

The advice, published online Friday afternoon but signed on Wednesday, underpinned the government’s decision to hold off on a February 5 date for reopening but indicates WA could reach 75 per cent booster coverage by March 2.
Back on 21/01/22
Madmya wrote: 19 Feb 2022 10:48 pm Disclaimer: I was going to have a crack no matter the date.
Yeah no shit. He's a Labor politician.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote: 20 Feb 2022 08:11 am I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible at forming a coherent sentence, but all of the relevant information was there for anyone to figure out. Specifically, what should the federal government have done differently with respect to aged care. There were a lot of words following that question, but almost all of it was just fluff so you cannot claim to have been "thorough and actually gave information". Just saying things like they're just being reactive and too slow doesn't actually say anything when it doesn't have context. Slow regarding what? That's why I asked for specifics, because I'm not convinced you aren't just like everyone else and rolling out keywords without having any actual weight behind those words. And I'm still not convinced, because the only thing you have is that they should have stopped staff from interchanging between aged care facilities, which I just don't see as a possibility. I agree with you that the federal government has dropped the ball on aged care in general, and because of that the problems were exacerbated during the pandemic, but that's not what we're arguing here.

You admit that your question was shit.. but you then call all the points I raised about what the GOVERNMENT could have done better - you call it fluff? There was a LOT to cover.. I initially kept it as short and non-fluff like. You're Andrew Bolting right now.

Failing to be accountable for 3 main sectors (Vaccine Roll Out, Quarantine and Aged Care) is not fluff.
Delaying their response is not fluff.
Continually sending the wrong message to the public is not a fluff point.

Your question was too broad so you got a broad answer. Fuck man.. take this one on the chin.

If you actually want examples -
Morrison eventually apologised for the slow pace of the vaccine rollout.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ne-rollout
He's on video saying it.
The roll out of vaccines plays into aged care because it meant that the ability to ensure aged care workers and residents were better protected. Various organisations have pointed out that the Federal Government failed to roll out vaccines to residents and staff and that it was noted that the States had to pick up the slack (a lot of slack) for a responsibility that was a federal one.
The 2020 outbreak in aged care in Victoria is exempt from this particular point however as the vaccine rollout had not started.

Failure to aged care -
Senate hearing finds various failure before and during pandemic.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ate-report

In particular - failing to anticipate staff shortages and PPE shortages too. The interesting thing to note here is that with staff shortages.. not to mention an sector that is woefully underpaid.. and a government that that was failing to act upon staff shortages and what they get paid.. there was ample time to ramp up and fix staff shortages. There are aged care courses that are 12 weeks in duration that provides entry into the sector. Existing issues of shit pay and staff shortages before the pandemic just prove that the government did not move to try and rectify this even though it was presented to them that aged care is always a vulnerable sector especially with a pandemic.

I don't need to go into detail about how the Morisson government handled RATs and in turn how they affect Aged Care. Because I'm sure even you can agree that it was awful for this to be happening when it did.

madmya wrote: That's why I asked for specifics, because I'm not convinced you aren't just like everyone else and rolling out keywords without having any actual weight behind those words. And I'm still not convinced, because the only thing you have is that they should have stopped staff from interchanging between aged care facilities, which I just don't see as a possibility.
The point to consider here is that I'm not your research slave. You're not convinced and I have a house to renovate, Horizon Forbidden West to play and a business to run.. perhaps you could go and look this shit up yourself? I just looked up two such things for you above.. you probably won't like that it was from The Guardian.. but at least it's not news.com.au.

You wanted specifics.. I gave you one specific example.. staff interchanging.. one that I believed had significant impact.. you didn't like it and you feel that it wasn't possible to rectify even though it ties in with staff shortages which have been happening for years BUT could have been easily focused on by giving subsidies and providing better pay for existing staff and enticing new workers in.

I'm sorry I didn't have the time to provide more examples and signpost them to how these things are interconnected.

madmya wrote: I think we're all in awe of your wisdom to recognise that you shouldn't go to a foreign country which doesn't have the facilities of a first world country when an unknown respiratory virus began to sweep the world. You shouldn't let Scomo going to a footy game, which was within the health advice at the time, keep you up at night. It's just not worth it.
It wasn't wisdom.. it was common sense. The point was - they had far more information relating to what was happening and they chose to not take it seriously. They were too busy not wanting to upset the applecart because that's what the LNP do.. My decision to call off an event months in advance because it was the correct percentage play combined with up front and honest communication.. I actually expect my federal government to be able to handle things better than a one person business because 1. they have the knowledge/intel and 2. they have far more resources/staffing to be handle the process of it.

Scomo going to that footy game is the least of my worries.. but unlike you.. I'm not prepared to just forget all the poor decisions scotty from marketing has made. When you consider the cycle of news and how it filters into the public - his timing and his blase attitude about it was the problem. 2 days before these restrictions coming to play and he's making out his going isn't important. 2 weeks beforehand yeah - it wouldn't have mattered. I'd have been meh - whatever. But two days? Scomo continually makes bad calls in terms of how he publicly behaves. The man left to go on holiday (and most recently let his WIFE take the fall ON TV) in another country.. on the downlow too.. while the state that he is a federal member in - was on fire.

Timing. It actually matters in terms of the message you are communicating to the country and how you want your constituents to respond to it. I'll jump on him for shit he did wrong where it actually matters. I won't jump on him for pushing UP the safety mask when about to weld like people are doing atm.. I'll admit it really is on brand for him.. but again.. he's never been shown how to weld.. so I can't expect him to be perfect with it on his first go.. but he's the PM. He should be well trained about how he needs to lead by example and be present and focused.. and he's not.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

How is it a broad question when I ask for specifics, and mention aged care and the government? You're a waste of time.

(which means I didn't bother to read past the first paragraph and I won't)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 20 Feb 2022 10:48 am
Madmya wrote: 19 Feb 2022 10:48 pm How's the Weak Cunt in the West, fucks over countless people and businesses by being a bitch and cancelling the Feb 5th date, only to extend by less than a month.

"The new Health Advice"
Your definition of strong/not being a "bitch" is fucked in the head.

New advice? At the time of the delay the CHO recommended ... We reopen when we will (based purely on booster numbers, at that point in time we had no idea when the east would "peak" as cases/hospitalisations/deaths were still increasing at that point in time).
The benefit of booster shots across the population of Western Australia would start to be offset by waning vaccine protection rates at the end of March, according to advice from the state’s Chief Health Officer to Premier Mark McGowan.

The advice, published online Friday afternoon but signed on Wednesday, underpinned the government’s decision to hold off on a February 5 date for reopening but indicates WA could reach 75 per cent booster coverage by March 2.
Back on 21/01/22
Madmya wrote: 19 Feb 2022 10:48 pm Disclaimer: I was going to have a crack no matter the date.
Yeah no shit. He's a Labor politician.
So what the hell is this 75% boosted number based off? Everything was 90% before... call it for what it is: arbitrary bullshit.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote: 21 Feb 2022 07:48 am How is it a broad question when I ask for specifics, and mention aged care and the government? You're a waste of time.

(which means I didn't bother to read past the first paragraph and I won't)
Madmya wrote: So let's get more specific, what exactly should have been done differently when it comes to the government and aged care?
You gave two areas to be specific for. I gave you government AND aged care. If you only wanted aged care - get better at grammar. Or at the very least acknowledge that your questioning skills ended you up with information that didn't line up with your intent.

Asking questions for information they did an entire Royal Commission about for bothing before and during Covid and you're calling me a waste of time.. Sure. :roll:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

No, your comprehension skills are poor which reinforces my belief that you're a waste of time.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote: 21 Feb 2022 02:09 pm No, your comprehension skills are poor which reinforces my belief that you're a waste of time.
Said the dill who admits he's terrible at forming coherent sentences. But yeah.. my comprehension skills are to blame because I went above and beyond to cover all bases regarding the 3 main failures of the LNP Federal Government.
I mean.. why are you being an arse about this? You got more information than you wanted and you're bitching about it - the parts about aged care were on point and factual.
You asked a question where there was an official investigation into it.. in retrospect I really should have just dumped the link here, ridiculed your lack of investigation on the matter and been done with it.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

unfnknblvbl wrote: 25 Mar 2020 12:39 am I smell war in the not too distant future.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

unfnknblvbl wrote: 24 Feb 2022 07:08 pm
unfnknblvbl wrote: 25 Mar 2020 12:39 am I smell war in the not too distant future.

1 of 2 on the way.......