Coronavirus thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Madmya »

Hence why I've singled out the CCP, not China's citizens, as it was they who first risked (and lost) their life to warn the world.

Stop defending the indefensible - it's not a good look, Comrade.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Well I for one hope the Chinese police state cracks down on fucking wet markets with same vigour they show when they crack down on Uighurs, Hong Kong democrats, and people who share Winnie the Pooh memes.

Fucking cesspools and Communists.
Agreed. They need to crack down on the consumption of wild (and especially endangered) animals too. Pangolins, ffs.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Madmya wrote:Stop defending the indefensible - it's not a good look, Comrade.
Where am I defending it? Where? I'm saying stop being distracted enough by it to let people fuck you over.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You're defending it by minimising it.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

No, I'm saying stop being distracted enough by it to let people fuck you over. Because they will. It's not worth pursuing that now. Pursue it later, when you're better positioned to do so and haven't been told to go back to work because some investment bankers can't risk their valuable share price, and have pressured the government to lift restrictions too early.

I said it before, and I'll say it again; I'll be right by your side to call for the tearing down of the CCP once this is all done and dusted.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

We might have a new Prince of Wales soon:
PRINCE Charles has contracted coronavirus - but his wife Camilla has not tested positive, it was revealed today.

The Prince of Wales, 71, is in self-isolation at Balmoral Castle in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall.

Charles has fallen ill just a fortnight after meeting coronavirus-stricken Prince Albert of Monaco, who tested positive just nine days after he sat opposite the Prince of Wales at a WaterAid event in London.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

So what happens if both Charles and William drop dead?? Where does that leave Harry.....
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

King Andrew!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'll push back on the usual shills milking anti-Chinese sentiment but at the same time I'm comfortable calling out the Chinese government for covering it up in the first place and the substantial element of Chinese society that partake in vulgar eating practices and depraved treatment of animals and wildlife. I've been calling out the latter for years. My partner used to travel to China a lot for work and visited the factory cities who employ people to make all the cheap fashion we buy. She simply could not eat out anywhere. Putrid meat food stalls with skewered live centipedes, spiders and various other arthropods. Live seafood served up everwhere. She was talked into ordering some prawns at a restaurant one night. She literally got a white bowl with a half dozen live prawns trying to get out. She would get by on packaged nuts back in her hotel room.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Yeah, my wife used to visit the actual food manufacturing factories in China that exported products like canned vegies and fruits, noodles, sauces etc and had similar stories. Since that job we pretty much avoid all made in China food items, especially the cheap junk.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Madmya wrote:Facts are facts unfunk, I don't care whose hands it plays into.
Attitudes like this result in acceptance of things like the Armenian Genocide, the Holocaust, the mass internment of Japanese Americans during WW2, blaming all vaguely middle-eastern looking people for terrorism, the current mass interment of immigrants in the US, and indeed, people blaming every day Chinese people living in their community for the spread of the virus.
Haha the fuck u on about, this is great. The complete cognitive malfunction to come this conclusion is amazing.

It originated in China, the Chinese deliberately fucked the world on it and then their hand picked leader of the WHO is now helping them try and whitewash any responsibility. People should be outright raging again the CCP right now. It's 100% all on them. They are also currently bullshitting the world about how they've gotten id of it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:No, I'm saying stop being distracted enough by it to let people fuck you over. Because they will. It's not worth pursuing that now. Pursue it later, when you're better positioned to do so and haven't been told to go back to work because some investment bankers can't risk their valuable share price, and have pressured the government to lift restrictions too early.

I said it before, and I'll say it again; I'll be right by your side to call for the tearing down of the CCP once this is all done and dusted.
You do realise that the whole point of worrying about the effect on the economy vs the virus deaths is that if you all hunker down for too long there literally will be nothing left to go to. A great depression. Congratulations you didnt' contract Covid-19, sorry you lost your job/business, your live savings and your house and the unemployment rate is 40%. It's not a great situation that is coming up, I can't see anyway around re-opening economies and somehow trying to shield the most vulnerable, I wouldn't want to be in charge anywhere to make that decision. I guess you could go China's route and just ignore anyone with symptoms and claim it's all cured but yeah not gonna work for the western world.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'm confused the most at giving 1500 bucks to people without a job to begin with.. literally nothing has changed for them. The most purely political decision of the lot so far in the response, that must be millions that should have gone to the most logical people which was to get it into the hands of casuals and part timers.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Its a fucken joke they are giving dole bludgers who never worked a day in their life a double payment...why???
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Well I can only assume it was to silence any whinging about unfairness and the hope they'd just blow it straight away when they get it to put it back into the economy. Literally have just taken 1500 bucks from each working Australian who pays tax and pissed it away to people who are not effected by this in an employment/lifestyle sense. We already learn that throwing free cash to everyone doesn't fix shit after Rudd pissed it away but no, we do it again when the blindingly obvious was the target the people who were going to get hit first in the casuals and part timers who are looking at being stood down during the forced closures.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'd imagine the extra money to them will be more "disposable". If I got extra cash, I would squirrel it away in these uncertain times.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Check this interactive map. https://www.covidvisualizer.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I find it bizarre the percentage of recovered people in China compared to other countries, especially when as of today the worldwide total recovery is 115ish thousand.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I think you'd be a fool to believe anything out of China regarding this.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I think following up to test people who have had it but haven't presented at a hospital is the last thing the countries care about. The only way they can be deemed "cured" is if they retest them which they won't because they don't want to waste testing kits on someone they know has had it and a few weeks later is fine.

China is full of shit to. Every chance that they deem themselves clear, flights around the world start again and they just go and reinfect everyone. It's in their interests to do so for a start so why would they care?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Of course china are full of shit, any new case they get now, they call it an imported case

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status ... 60096?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's literally amazing how the same old woke western media will help spread CCP propaganda just to own the orange bad man...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Just to keep the anti-CCP sentiment going:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morn ... -lies/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peppermint Lounge
The End

guttermouth wrote:Its a fucken joke they are giving dole bludgers who never worked a day in their life a double payment...why???
Cos most people on Newstart/Jobseeker allowance aren't bludgers. Most are people out of work and looking for another job.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Froggy wrote:I can't see anyway around re-opening economies and somehow trying to shield the most vulnerable,
How do you think that would play out though. Borders are closed, tourism is dead, social distancing not viable for the hospitality industry. The economy is fucked regardless. And if people 50 and under are to resume BAU infection rates will soar and remain high. COVID-19 does hospitalise and kill younger people. Health service capacity will be exceeded. Will we just pile the dead into ice-skating rinks as they are in Spain? How does any economy tick along under these conditions?

Governments need to put econmies into hibernation, support people during hibernation so homes and businesses aren't lost, then resume when the virus is under control.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

How long can an economy go into "hibernation" though? Tough questions. Just going into lockdown shows you're still vulnerable to a wave of infections once you come out of it. Unless there's a vaccine...

A vaccine is really the only way out.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

The pause can't last for months. It can't go on until a vaccine is available. It needs to be a period of time taking into account the time between contraction, incubation through to recovery. While we're all hunkered down everything gets disinfected. Weeks later we observe a steep decline in infections and by then hopefully governments have recovery framework in place so we can ease back into it.