The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I'm loving how MAGAts are really really bad at reading subtext when it's convenient.
Yeah 25 dead people and what $500 billion in destruction of majority minority owned businesses, government OK'd CHOP zones says, taking over of police stations, attacking federal courts for months on end, standing down or refusal of the national guard and police to interfere or stop them and mass looting all says we stand for racial and social justice. I bet those black owned businesses that got burnt to the ground were loving the Democrat politicans bailing out the people who did it so they could burn another one down and encouraging more violence and destruction and then pushing to defund the police and using the riots to attack Trump like it was personally all his fault. Gee, thanks for standing up for me I bet they yelled!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Cool story.

When's Pennsylvania flipping?
Bit hard now if the case won't be in front of the SC until past the 6th of Jan confirmation and now the 20th inauguration. Unconstitutional changes were made to the election rules, challenged in court prior to the election in other states they were upheld and it's the same there.

Talking of the US Supreme court, it'll be great watching them twist themselves into Pretzls as to why suddenly a president will be able to over rule a previous EO but whilst Trump was for some reason they didn't think that was possible. :lol: I hope our courts don't continue down their path.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

What flavour lube does Trump use, Froggy?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

According to a comments thread from one of my social media friends Trump still has this in the bag. Apparently NESARA laws were activated by a Trump Executive Order on November 2, 2020 meaning "TRUMP WINS". Under NESARA laws a new election will occur in 120 days. Subsequent comments expressed relief. One hoped his betting agency would still pay out on his $1k bet that Trump would win. Another says Trump gave the ok for the military to take over and that they're arresting "top politicians" right now for "treason and other crimes". One has doubts but hopes it's all true "otherwise all who believe and are supposed to be awake will look bloody stupid". The OP offered reassurance saying it's all supported under NESARA laws activated on November 2. "The game changer". The doubter replies "man I hope so I’m back in forth (sic) with all this stuff. There is nothing public to say this has happened. The asleep are just so brutal." More reassurance - "You must listen to Trump's press releases closely and you need to research NESARA / GESARA. I'll send to you info."

All these people are Australians.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

The Wikipedia page is a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESARA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently NESARA was a crackpot economic theory (based on tying the currency value to gold of course) developed by an engineer in the 1990s. Being a fairly unnoteworthy theory promoted by someone with no relevant qualifications, it went nowhere. Until a conspiracist called the "Dove of Oneness" alleged that the economic proposals were secretly passed through Congress by Bill Clinton, and wove a conspiracy involving 9/11, the Iraq war, and UFO visits by aliens, extra-terrestrial androids, and beings who have descended from the "etheric plane", who are all trying to get NESARA announced to the public (not enacted, but announced, because obviously it was already enacted secretly 20 years ago).

It wouldn't surprise me if this has seen a new lease of life recently because his 1996 paper was called "Draining the Swamp".
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Nope, can't be real, GameHED never mentioned it
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Reka wrote:I've been reading through the transcripts of Trump's speeches and in none of them can I see where he said to do any of those things. Let me know if you can find them.

I've done some google searching for his 'calls to violence' and the best I could find was some rhetoric that could be construed as 'dog whistling'. But that's about it. If he had, I'm sure the MSM would have it plastered all over the place and it would be easy to find. Instead there's a bunch of rhetoric and innuendo which is what he's always been about but that's about it. "Trump comments perceived by some as encouraging violence" is about the extent of it.

To claim Trump told thousands of people to literally be violent or cause damage is a stretch. He did no such thing.

Not just Trump but his team also in the media (News Corp - it doesn’t get more MSM than that), GOP, his family and lawyers. They’ve been inciting/shilling people for years. You know it. You can get pedantic about language but Trump’s Jan 6 event and its outcome is there to see. These people wouldn’t have done what they did without years of being led up the garden path.

Here's a compilation:
Last edited by Peppermint Lounge on 15 Jan 2021 06:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I haven't had a chance to read through it all, but I really REALLY hope the reports that Trump loyalists in Congress are on CCTV literally walking these people through the building the previous day are false.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The fallout from all of this is going to be huge, and on both sides of politics because of course people want retribution.

I just hope Biden doesn't get soft and pardon Trump. What a terrible precedent that would set.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Reka wrote:
Capitol Police have said there were rioters yelling at them "the President sent us!".

Off-duty cops in the crowd flashing their badges saying "we're doing this for you".

Tours of the Capitol building for now known rioters, by GOP members the day before. Public tours have been banned since March due to covid.

Panic buttons removed from Congress people's offices.

Footage of a woman on a megaphone telling rioters very specific details of the floorplan of the building and that they "need to co-ordinate if we're going to take the building".

Trucks found with bombs and lists of names. Rioters with cable cuff ties. Gallows.

Nah, nobody took Trump literally.
I've been reading through the transcripts of Trump's speeches and in none of them can I see where he said to do any of those things. Let me know if you can find them.

I've done some google searching for his 'calls to violence' and the best I could find was some rhetoric that could be construed as 'dog whistling'. But that's about it. If he had, I'm sure the MSM would have it plastered all over the place and it would be easy to find. Instead there's a bunch of rhetoric and innuendo which is what he's always been about but that's about it. "Trump comments perceived by some as encouraging violence" is about the extent of it.

To claim Trump told thousands of people to literally be violent or cause damage is a stretch. He did no such thing.

No, his supporters didn't take him literally this time either. But it seems a lot of them did take him seriously though.
Let's ask an actual lawyer, instead of some internet nobody doing some googling:
Reka

Post by Reka »

The internet nobody acknowledged that Trump's speeches were full of rhetoric and dog-whistling. This is not anything new for him. That's his M.O.

The claim was that the actions of those in the Capitol building were those of people who took Trump's words LITERALLY. This is what I was addressing.

If you can find Trump telling people to be violent and destructive then fair enough, this would be them taking him literally. If not, it's a false claim to make.

But phrases like "we need to stay strong" and "never give up" are not literal calls for violence. Could they incite action? Sure. Are they commands to literally invade and destroy? Nope.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Trump's fanbase know precisely when to take him literally, metaphorically, and sarcastically. He never (willingly) says "stop it" when his redhats allegedly misinterpret his demands, after all...
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I don't have a dog in this fight but Trump saying "march to the capital" (amongst other things of a a highly suggestive and incidiary nature) to people like this -

And to the majority of the crowd wearing clothing like this -

Who then went and did this -

It's naive in the extreme to think what did eventually occur wasn't as a direct consequence of Trump's words and actions on the day.

That said, the response to Trump by banning him and demonising those that voted for him in general is going to create an incredibly dangerous domestic environment of the States in the next four years. I remember growing up and watching what happened at Ruby Ridge, Waco and Oklahoma City in the 90s and thinking it couldn't get any worse but watching this - when the far right is energised they can do terrifying things.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside

I didn't understand the push for an early Senate trial, so I actually agree with McConnell on the delay. Will give the Feds plenty of time to identify everyone, interview them, prosecute them, write up everything they say (a lot of demands for a Presidential pardon already ... I wonder why?) which will only strengthen the case and (hopefully) isolate the nutjobs from what I hope is a shocked, outraged and strengthened moderate Republican faction willing to work with the moderate President Biden. I'm an optimist :)

I have a feeling McConnell wants to vote in favour of conviction (he's a cynical bastard) but only if the case is a good one. Which the dumbarse Democrats were at risk of blowing in their haste.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I can just see the Republicans being all "no point having a trial if he's not president" and kicking their heels up to continue being seditious fucks.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:What flavour lube does Trump use, Froggy?
I dunno, didn't you taste it as he brainfucked you these last 4 years+?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I can just see the Republicans being all "no point having a trial if he's not president" and kicking their heels up to continue being seditious fucks.
No point having a trial if it's not constitutionally valid. It's already predicated on a flimsy premise. It's great to see that you're all suddenly outraged about riots though, I still don't hear any condemnation of what occurred there the previous 12 months nor when other politicians like Pelosi etc incited the crowds to the White House and then revelled that he was rushed into the bunker. Like you guys and your friends would have been laughing at, watching clips of "comedians" making lame jokes about bunkers, hence no one is at all giving a fuck that they are acting all outraged now.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Froggy wrote:
It's great to see that you're all suddenly outraged about riots though, I still don't hear any condemnation of what occurred there the previous 12 months nor when other politicians like Pelosi etc incited the crowds to the White House...

I actually also find this quite interesting. No need for an explanation though, I doubt I could stomach the hypocrisy.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

The BLM riots were a farce, particularly here in Australia and likely the largest cause (outside of the docking of the Diamond Princess) for the spread and amplification of the virus in the large metro areas. To say that though is an unpopular opinion (not to mention under-reported) and as such it's easier to blame security subcontractors in hotels.

I've kept quiet on the demonstrations throughout last year because of my work. I've seen others take up the argument but it never ends well because ultimately you're arguing inside an echo chamber being drowned out by the outrage mob. I dislike Trump, I think he is narcissistic and vain but he did a great job as a populist president to envigorate the large majority of the US population that felt they'd lost their voice. The biggest didsappointment with him was he didn't do more, for whatever reason.

Looking forward, America is going to be a car wreck in slow motion. The Democrats have pandered too much to fringe elements of the left, the protestors and defund the Police mob, that they have set a dangerous precedent in engaging with the base that Trump appealed to. They've also helped create a hyper-partisan system with extremes at both ends of spectrum with no middle ground to stand on.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside

Not sure what thread it was in, but I would have called them fuckwits. It was the middle of a pandemic FFS.

Biden has repeatedly criticised BLM-related violence. Which is probably a big reason why he was the Democratic candidate. He's as moderate as it comes in an American context.

It's what pisses me off with elements of the left. Slogans like Black Lives Matter and Defund the Police, like I know what they actually mean, and most people can work it out if they spend a couple of minutes thinking about it, but they make it so easy for people to misinterpret (being generous and saying they're not deliberately misinterpreting) and then get pissed off about it all.

Smashing up businesses and so forth also puts people offside. Duh.

It's just dumb when poll after poll finds a majority of Americans (well, majority of people) broadly agree with what they're arguing for. Things like racial equality, improved community services, universal health care etc.

Ugh. The left can so often be the Xbox of politics.

But then again I live in Australia, in Western Australia where covid hasn't really been a thing either, so I'm not sure how I would react if my circumstances were different.

No fucking excuses for what we saw last week though. Stop the steal, massive fraud etc. Those are flat out lies and when paired with March on the Capital ... here we are. The left counterprotesters finally wised up and didn't show up which helped identity who was to blame for it all too.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-18/ ... s/13066142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Ambrose Burnside on 18 Jan 2021 04:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ambrose Burnside

Also a shoutout to out to our founding fathers, the AEC, the ABS and compulsory voting. These go a long way to avoiding the type of hyper partisanship seen in the US because both parties need to appeal to the centre to have any hope of winning. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, the "base", these are things we don't really have to worry about and often take for granted.

gg Australia
Peppermint Lounge
The End

The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Froggy wrote:No point having a trial if it's not constitutionally valid. It's already predicated on a flimsy premise. It's great to see that you're all suddenly outraged about riots though, I still don't hear any condemnation of what occurred there the previous 12 months nor when other politicians like Pelosi etc incited the crowds to the White House and then revelled that he was rushed into the bunker. Like you guys and your friends would have been laughing at, watching clips of "comedians" making lame jokes about bunkers, hence no one is at all giving a fuck that they are acting all outraged now.
You can easily find instances of left wingers denouncing BLM riots. I don’t agree with rioters trashing/looting businesses. One of Biden's statements on George Floyd/BLM related riots:
"Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not."
Another:
"I’ve said from the outset of the recent protests that there is no place for violence or the destruction of property. Peaceful protesters should be protected — but arsonists and anarchists should be prosecuted — and local law enforcement can do that."
Biden didn't call rioters patriots and ask them to go home before signing off that he loves them either. Trump people claiming everyone who hates Trump are hypocrites and indifferent to BLM riots is just sour grapes from those still inexplicably clinging to Trump's shitshow. And we hated Trump before he incited a riot against his own house of government anyway.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hang on, I must have missed when Biden was in government during the protests? What were Pelosi etc saying? Were they calming them or inciting more violence?

How about Trump's inauguration and the Russian hyperbole for losing and claiming he is a Russian puppet triggering riots and targetting of people going to attend the inauguration? Didn't hear anything then. Infact Pelosi is still claiming Trump is Putin's puppet as of today with Clinton. The rhetoric for years on that, the storming (today it would be an insurrection) of the Kavanaugh hearing, oh wait did we blame them for the attempted assasination of Steve Scalise and co? Right after they'd been going nuts about Russsiiaaaa and not my president, resist etc nope all good. Let's not forget encouraging the mob to the whitehouse, bail funds and blaming the police and national guard for being deployed. Biden the unifier calling all the DC police racist was a great unifying start.

There's a good reason 50% of the population straight off the bat do not give a fuck that they are having a cry about this riot but we're OK with all the others. You can't act like they have and the media towards all the violence and vandalism and then go all Kevin Rudd to the forgettery about it suddenly once you win power back, like little children do. Now they have themselves in a lather about all these white supremecy vigilantes coz you know, a political rally about an election somehow became 500 mixed race white supremacists in an armed insurrection where no one fired a shot or bothered to take the property. Hence stop clasping your pearls that it was an insurrection and not a riot.

Also anyone want to explain the BLM dudes in there that was on CNN and now charged.. I thought there were no other agitators there!? He's also black so now he's a black white supremacist insurrectionist who hates trump. Boy he had no friends..
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End

You might want to check Trump's departing approval ratings before citing 50% of the population. As you clamber as hard for equivalency as you did for voter fraud here's McConnell overnight reminding you how much Trump fucked it up.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx, you lose again!