The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Post by Candy Arse »

stanard wrote: 09 Nov 2021 11:02 am Ahh Joe Rogan, who said his health and lifestyle would take care of covid should he get it.

Then when he did catch it, in his own words he "threw the kitchen sink at it" which included “Monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, Z-Pak, prednisone, everything. I also got an NAD drip and a vitamin drip and I did that three days in a row".

So he panicked and used a cocktail of anything and everything, most of which is surely not easily attainable/affordable by his followers within the great American health care system.

Or he you know, could've just taken the vaccine.
Also I completely agree that he panicked. He took so much shit he has no idea what actually could have helped.

All I did was up my glutamine and whey protein intake, which are supps I've been taking for years anyway. Business as usual, but of course I do remain part of the unvaxxed sub-class.

"Health" :lol:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I too got my medical degree from the claw machine at Springfield Bowlarama :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Reka

Post by Reka »

Is Joe Rogan one of those poor white persecuted right wing commentators being censored by big tech conspiracies who never seem to have any issues in getting their message out to their sheeples? :lol:
Yep - Joe is big enough to have maintained his online presence and kept his audience. I guess this is proof that no-one else out there has been censored or silenced for saying things that are counter to the crafted narratives.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'm no fan of James O'Keefe or Project Veritas (another shill controlled opposition for mine), but the shit going down there right now about Ashley Bidens diaries is crazy wild.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Lol....Joe Rogan right wing commentator
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I believe if you're not part of the Covid Cult, you're right wing.
Ambrose Burnside

I actually don't know which is why I asked the question. Reka said yes? America is messed up left, right, up and down. I don't follow him or any commentator.

Hippies/alternate medicine aka not medicine fruitcakes are also antivax, so it's not just RWNJs

I assumed right wing because the Venn diagram of antivaxxers and Trump supporters here on this forum tends to be a circle.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 10 Nov 2021 04:04 pm I assumed right wing because the Venn diagram of antivaxxers and Trump supporters here on this forum tends to be a circle.
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting this, but I feel the need to put this out there; I'm not a Trump supporter in the slightest (he's a piece of shit), I'm also not an anti-vaxxer.

I'm actually pro vax, but I am very anti vax mandate.

I got no problem with anyone making the choice to get whatever vaccine they feel suits them.

I have major problems with "Get a covid vax or you can't work/see friends and family/travel/go shopping/seek medical treatment" etc.

Personal preference :lol:
Ambrose Burnside

It was a bit of a blanket statement that's true.

Mandates. What are your thoughts on limited mandates, for example Health Departments requiring doctors and nurses to be vaccinated?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm all for it for people working with legitimately vulnerable demographics where a virus like covid can actually put them in the ground. I think anything less would be irresponsible.

But it's a little bit different to "Get this vaccine or you can't work the checkouts at Woolies".

When you look at the type of people who are really vulnerable to covid, you start to realise quickly that it's very different to the usual government propaganda of "IT'S COMING TO GET YOU LOOK OUT".
Ambrose Burnside

Adelaide AFLW player is an ED/ICU nurse refusing the jab. We had (former now lol) nurses refusing the jab protesting outside my office.

That shit annoys the fuck out of me.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Candy Arse wrote: 11 Nov 2021 01:21 pm
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 10 Nov 2021 04:04 pm I assumed right wing because the Venn diagram of antivaxxers and Trump supporters here on this forum tends to be a circle.
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting this, but I feel the need to put this out there; I'm not a Trump supporter in the slightest (he's a piece of shit), I'm also not an anti-vaxxer.

I'm actually pro vax, but I am very anti vax mandate.

I got no problem with anyone making the choice to get whatever vaccine they feel suits them.

I have major problems with "Get a covid vax or you can't work/see friends and family/travel/go shopping/seek medical treatment" etc.

Personal preference :lol:
Wow.....Sounds like your an anti-vaxxer to me....
Just like they changed the meaning of Vaccine in the dictionary, they have now changed the meaning of Anti-vaxxer....

[tweet][/tweet]
Ambrose Burnside

Except ... they didn't:
Peter Sokolowski, editor at large of Merriam-Webster.com, said that the entry for “anti-vaxxer” was first added to the online dictionary in February 2018 and hasn’t been revised or changed since. It has always defined it as “a person who opposes vaccination or laws that mandate vaccination.”

Archived web pages show that the definition has been consistent since 2018.
Two seconds on Google my man.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... n-anti-va/

Insert: "See! They knew about covid in 2018! #plandemic" bullshittery :)

Besides, antivaxxers have always been opposed to vaccine mandates. Your nutjob hippies that don't send their kids to school because they have to be vaccinated to attend.They've always been called antivaxxers.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

There ya go. Even if you've had every vaccine ever, including this new experiment, you are still an anti-vaxxer if you oppose mandates.
We are approaching peak clown world.
Ambrose Burnside

Well funnily enough, the definition probably does need updating post-covid, to take these mandates into account :lol:

Which leads me to a tangent. Everyone knows that social media is a plague, and you shouldn't believe anything you read on the internet, yet here we are. Everyone get their news from social media or videos shared amongst friends of friends and believes it, even if it takes two seconds to disprove. gg world.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Completely agree with Elf's peak clown world comment.

That is the sort of shit that makes rational, open discussion about this crap a complete waste of time.

If you oppose vax mandates, you're an anti-vaxxer. In certain cases, vax mandates make complete sense.

In other cases, it is clearly about literally NOTHING to do with health, and everything to do with an increasing amount of government overreach.

For example here in Melbourne, aka the Covid Cult capital of the known universe, I currently would not be "allowed" to take my wife out to dinner for a date night because we're unvaxxed (her Dr recommended she wait for the next round of vaccines).

However we are both young, fit, extremely healthy people who are not sick. But hey, we can't come in and enjoy a meal together.

Meanwhile any random overweight spud who is currently covid+ can enjoy their greasy burgers and a few beers because they've been jabbed.

Absolute clown world.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

My point above is that nuance is a dead concept.

Didn't get vaxxed and/or against preposterous vax mandates = selfish cunt who should be kicked out of society, denied health care and also you're a right-wing nutjob extremist nazi who wants people to die.

It doesn't seem to occur to many folk that unvaxxed does not mean unhealthy or sick, the same way vaxxed does not mean healthy and virus-free.
Ambrose Burnside

Without having looked into the specific example closely, I'm not sure why someone who has caught it and recovered isn't considered the same as someone who has gotten the shot in terms of muh freedoms.

I guess it would be too hard to prove.

Does your wife fall under the medical exemptions exclusions Candy?

Looks like NSW and Vic have or are about to hit the "impossible" 90% target. Amazing effort. WA is complacent. No restrictions for ages leading to slow uptake. Have hit 80% first dose though.

I admit I do have to remember that the antivax crazies (not pointing the finger at you here Candy although it does seem that your opposition boils down to "I got muscles and a treadmill and you can't tell me what to do") make up a tiny proportion of the total population, and that is reflected in the stats. Praise Jesus we're not like America.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:04 pm Does your wife fall under the medical exemptions exclusions Candy?
That's quite a can of worms.

So her Dr who has been the family GP for years told her verbally to wait. She has a chronic inflammatory disease that he is a little worried about with these mrna vaccines.

Problem is, he also said he is not allowed to give any exemptions out unless you are currently undergoing chemo treatments. Everyone else/every other circumstance = fuck you.

He also admitted (which is an open secret at this point) that his profession is under threat where if exemptions are given for other reasons, they will be shut down/out of work.

So yeah all in all, it's going well in this country.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:04 pm I admit I do have to remember that the antivax crazies (not pointing the finger at you here Candy although it does seem that your opposition boils down to "I got muscles and a treadmill and you can't tell me what to do") make up a tiny proportion of the total population, and that is reflected in the stats.
It's more that my opposition boils down to "If your vax only works when I take it, your vax probably doesn't work".

Once we have vaccines available that are legitimately shown to significantly reduce transmission (these ones do not), I will very much consider my options.

The fact is right now if I get one of these vaccines, I can still catch and transmit covid.

Clearly I won't be dying from it. So taking into account this isn't a virus that will hurt me, and I can still "hurt" others despite being vaccinated...why am I getting it again?

And yeah I do also have a major problem with this thing where it's my body I don't need the government taking ownership of it.

Once again I will bring up that covid is not ebola, it would be wonderful if we stopped treating it as such.

Even then, that is far from the big issue now anyway. The big issue at present is this insane "Pandemic Legislation" that Comrade Dan is trying to get through Parliament as quickly as possible.

That shit should be scaring any reasonable person in this country. This all stopped being about "health" quite some time ago.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Spot on Candy.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

What were we saying about Clown World again?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote: 12 Nov 2021 02:45 pm
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:04 pm I admit I do have to remember that the antivax crazies (not pointing the finger at you here Candy although it does seem that your opposition boils down to "I got muscles and a treadmill and you can't tell me what to do") make up a tiny proportion of the total population, and that is reflected in the stats.
It's more that my opposition boils down to "If your vax only works when I take it, your vax probably doesn't work".

Once we have vaccines available that are legitimately shown to significantly reduce transmission (these ones do not), I will very much consider my options.

The fact is right now if I get one of these vaccines, I can still catch and transmit covid.

NSW released a statement earlier in the week, can't remember if I mentioned it, that the tally for the day was something like 400 odd new cases of Covid, 130 administered to hospital and 48 in ICU. One person, ONE PERSON, was not fully vaccinated, they had a single dose. Everyone else was double vax'd. There is zero reason to get this so called vaccine atm especially now mainstream media has finally said that the WHO has admitted to pumping up the numbers of Covid deaths. Got Covid and die in a car crash? Died of Covid. Got Covid and got shot? Died of Covid. This is what "Conspiracy Theorists" have been saying for a year and now nearly everything predicted has all come out. Forced vaccines, Vax passports, fudged numbers high count of adverse reactions and deaths from the jab. The whole rollout is a fucken joke and the sheep are lapping it up because they're promised some "freedom". Freedom for good behaviour is what prisoners get.

Edit
Just seen the video above, I had the One news clip on my phone but couldn't upload it. It's been doing the rounds locally here and the protests are ramping up. Big one tomorrow gridlocking the public roads. Government was warned to start dialing back some of these mandates but refused so protest goes ahead with another couple planned before the end of the month. Last week's one had 30,000 in Auckland alone and supposedly we have 7000 unjabbed people in Aux so that tells you that vaccinated people are sick of the Government's shit.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

Candy Arse wrote: 12 Nov 2021 02:45 pm
Clearly I won't be dying from it. So taking into account this isn't a virus that will hurt me, and I can still "hurt" others despite being vaccinated...why am I getting it again?
So you can go on dates with your wife? Although staying home in your epic games room would be my first choice if I had one hehe

I dunno, the vaccines do reduce severity, do reduce how long you have it, and do reduce transmission. Maybe not as much as we hope for on the transmission side, but taking it because it's not as good at preventing that as you like, seems to me the same as recommending someone does no exercise at all if they can't do lots of exercise.

People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others, despite the arrival of the delta variant, several studies show. The findings refute the idea, which has become common in some circles, that vaccines no longer do much to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

“They absolutely do reduce transmission,” says Christopher Byron Brooke at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “Vaccinated people do transmit the virus in some cases, but the data are super crystal-clear that the risk of transmission for a vaccinated individual is much, much lower than for an unvaccinated individual.”

A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

This is only slightly lower than with the alpha variant, says Brechje de Gier at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands, who led the study. Her team had previously found that vaccinated people infected with alpha were 73 per cent less likely to infect unvaccinated people.

What is important to realise, de Gier says, is that the full effect of vaccines on reducing transmission is even higher than 63 per cent, because most vaccinated people don’t become infected in the first place.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... z7C2s8X2E4
t0mby wrote:NSW released a statement earlier in the week, can't remember if I mentioned it, that the tally for the day was something like 400 odd new cases of Covid, 130 administered to hospital and 48 in ICU. One person, ONE PERSON, was not fully vaccinated, they had a single dose. Everyone else was double vax'd.
Well this is June-Oct:
The majority of cases (63.1 per cent) had received no vaccine, 9.2 per cent had received one dose, and 6.1 per cent of cases had received two doses of vaccine. About one in five people (21.7 per cent) had no vaccination recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register.

Of the 8,660 cases hospitalised, only 5.7 per cent (493) had received two doses of a vaccine and just 3.0 per cent (30) of the 1,015 cases who were admitted to ICU were fully vaccinated. Twenty-six of these 30 people had significant underlying health conditions.
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Page ... 08_01.aspx

If proportions of vaxxed vs unvaxxed in hospital have changed in the first two weeks of November, it's probably related to the fact that the fully vaccinated rate is over 90% (over 94% single dose). What do the figures look like in less vaccinated parts of the world? I daresay they'll look more like NSW's June-October figures.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 13 Nov 2021 09:36 amI daresay they'll look more like NSW's June-October figures.
Which means better than Victoria still, phew. :P
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 13 Nov 2021 09:36 amI dunno, the vaccines do reduce severity, do reduce how long you have it, and do reduce transmission. Maybe not as much as we hope for on the transmission side, but taking it because it's not as good at preventing that as you like, seems to me the same as recommending someone does no exercise at all if they can't do lots of exercise.
So what I'm curious to know is how does that compare to Candy's now developed natural immunity to the virus. His immunity will wane over time, but would it then be better for him to receive periodic booster shots every 6 months or just have a perpetual exposure to the virus?