The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: The Orange Man. He's bad. Very, very bad!

Post by t0mby »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 13 Nov 2021 09:36 am

If proportions of vaxxed vs unvaxxed in hospital have changed in the first two weeks of November, it's probably related to the fact that the fully vaccinated rate is over 90% (over 94% single dose). What do the figures look like in less vaccinated parts of the world? I daresay they'll look more like NSW's June-October figures.
Dunno, ask Japan or Norway......

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 3ac7d09ae0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Candy Arse wrote: 12 Nov 2021 02:45 pmIt's more that my opposition boils down to "If your vax only works when I take it, your vax probably doesn't work".
Vaccination has always been an act of altruism. It has individual benefits but for a community to achieve the strongest possible immunity you need around 95% vaccinated. This has always underpinned community vaccination including vaccines you've said you're ok with. Why is it bothering you so much in this instance?
Once we have vaccines available that are legitimately shown to significantly reduce transmission (these ones do not), I will very much consider my options.
These vaccines are legitimately showing they significantly reduce transmission. The Vic and NSW numbers speak for themselves. REFF (effective reproduction) consistently <1 as vaccination rates increase. We're open, hospitalisations rates are declining.
The fact is right now if I get one of these vaccines, I can still catch and transmit covid.
You can still catch and transmit diseases after being vaccinated with vaccines you've said you're ok with. As we've already touched on vaccines that provide sterilising immunity are rare. Most vaccines can only prevent serious infection at best. This is still invaluable in limiting pathogen spread. The exact scenarios that come from vaccines you've indicated approval for apply to COVID vaccines.
Clearly I won't be dying from it. So taking into account this isn't a virus that will hurt me, and I can still "hurt" others despite being vaccinated...why am I getting it again?
You're a healthy guy. Healthy people get vaccinated to protect those who aren't blessed with your health due to either permanent or temporary circumstances. Refer point 1 altruism. I choose to get my healthy kids vaccinated before sending them into child care environments vs pushing back on government mandates and telling others to keep their kids under the doona if they'd rather not mix with mine (the latter scenario n/a as my kids wouldn't be allowed to attend).
And yeah I do also have a major problem with this thing where it's my body I don't need the government taking ownership of it.
There it is. This is the reason. I can respect this. There's still the contradiction between your view on the COVID vaccine vs your approval for other madated vaccines and settings though.
Once again I will bring up that covid is not ebola, it would be wonderful if we stopped treating it as such.
It touched you lightly and that's great. For many others it hasn't. You've indicated respect for health workers. Some pushed themselves well outside their comfort zones to front cameras and lay it all out. I work for one big health agency but meet and share work with other major agencies. The load this has put on staff and hospitals is immense.
Even then, that is far from the big issue now anyway. The big issue at present is this insane "Pandemic Legislation" that Comrade Dan is trying to get through Parliament as quickly as possible.
No qualm with people demonstrating against legislation in the process of being voted on. The change to tranferring power from CHO to Premier and Health Minister brings Vic into line with other jurisdictions including NSW and NZ. Where it differs is on oversight with Vic proposing oversight by an internally appointed board of independent health professionals vs NSW having parliamentary oversight. Totally fine with the idea of pushing for parliamentary oversight.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

t0mby wrote: 12 Nov 2021 06:32 pmNSW released a statement earlier in the week, can't remember if I mentioned it, that the tally for the day was something like 400 odd new cases of Covid, 130 administered to hospital and 48 in ICU. One person, ONE PERSON, was not fully vaccinated, they had a single dose. Everyone else was double vax'd. There is zero reason to get this so called vaccine atm especially now mainstream media has finally said that the WHO has admitted to pumping up the numbers of Covid deaths. Got Covid and die in a car crash? Died of Covid. Got Covid and got shot? Died of Covid. This is what "Conspiracy Theorists" have been saying for a year and now nearly everything predicted has all come out. Forced vaccines, Vax passports, fudged numbers high count of adverse reactions and deaths from the jab. The whole rollout is a fucken joke and the sheep are lapping it up because they're promised some "freedom". Freedom for good behaviour is what prisoners get.
I like you tomby but fuck you post some shit. :lol: Where did you pluck those NSW number from. They've not had daily 400 infections for yonks. And of your so-called 130 hospital admissions 129 were fully vaccinated? Trolol. And how is the WHO logging into hospital clinical apps to pump up COVID deaths again? Once again we have people simultaneously praising health workers while accusing them of conspiring to rewrite patient histories and causes of death. It can't happen. Someone presents as a trauma patient, the history starts there. Clinical systems leave audit trails and any amendments are logged. I would literally need to be in on this if it were happening.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

So this is prob what tomby was on about.

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/no-hos ... accinated/
A Facebook post featuring a slip-up by an Australia health official at a press conference has been used to claim that COVID-19 vaccines are “literally useless” in preventing people from being hospitalised.

The post by an Australian page includes a link to a video clip of NSW Health’s Jeremy McAnulty providing COVID-19 statistics for July 25, including a breakdown of the number of new cases for the previous 24 hours.

In the clip, Dr McAnulty announces that 141 people are in hospital with COVID-19 and 43 of those in intensive care. He goes on to provide a breakdown of the patients’ ages before saying: “All but one are vaccinated. One person had just received one dose of vaccine” (video mark 40sec).
What he meant to say was all were unvaccinated bar one who was partially vaccinated. He corrected himself during the same presser.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: 13 Nov 2021 03:00 pm ]

I like you tomby but fuck you post some shit. :lol: Where did you pluck those NSW number from. They've not had daily 400 infections for yonks. And of your so-called 130 hospital admissions 129 were fully vaccinated? Trolol. And how is the WHO logging into hospital clinical apps to pump up COVID deaths again? Once again we have people simultaneously praising health workers while accusing them of conspiring to rewrite patient histories and causes of death. It can't happen. Someone presents as a trauma patient, the history starts there. Clinical systems leave audit trails and any amendments are logged. I would literally need to be in on this if it were happening.
I'm just angry atm, got a lot ony plate. Had a breakdown a few weeks back and was given a few days off work under "Covid Stress Leave" which doesn't use your sick days. I know of a video where a guy made a mistake a few months back bit this one was doing the rounds this week and was a different guy to last time. I couldn't find the source as the video was posted on Telegram but here's a screenshot. His words were "All but one were fully vaccinated, that one person had a single dose of vaccine". I don't know if it's the same guy you're mentioning.

Anyway, the cracks are showing, some countries are moving away from the vaccine and prescribing Ivermectin with better success, I just find it weird that in a lot of countries as soon as it was discovered that Ivermectin worked it was removed, even some prescriptions are denied by the Ministry of health here as it now has to be imported on a case by case basis. Also, pretty much all exemptions are now denied and they too have to be submitted to our Ministry of Health guy Dr Ashley Bloomfield. The law was passed 8 days ago on a Friday night after a case in the High Court was saying the Government shouldn't be allowed to stop exemptions. Doesn't any of this seem suspicious to you? Never in the history of mankind has a Vaccination been forced and religious exemptions denied.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Sorry to hear you're not happy, mate. It's been a charming year. While we're being candid I'll mention my missus had a tough diagnosis this year which we've been managing since March. Primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma. That will probably prick Ambrose's ears given he went through a lymphoma diagnosis and treatment a few years back. TL;DR: six rounds of R-EPOCH chemo later and she's been given the all-clear. So yeah when I talk of temporarily immuocompromised people I had one in particular that was close to home. Lol that I've posted this in the Trump thread.

Yes that screen and quote is the same presser. He misspoke. All were unvaccinated bar one partially vaccinated.

Dunno about Ivermectin's status in other countries. To my knowledge it remains an unapproved COVID treatment and alot of people who are self-medicating with it are ending up in EDs having overdosed. Also not up on NZ domestic COVID policy. Any policy-on-the-run setting such as what we've seen/are seeing during a once in a hundred year pandemic is unnerving.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Reka

Post by Reka »

Wow. Unprecedented.

Disinformation? Millions are getting
these "news reports" multiple times a day. No proof of course, just
a restatement over and over of the big lie. And people
believe this crap, so they are willing to overthrow the
perceived "literally Hitler", even by coordinated propaganda manipulation if necessary.

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

How are those court cases going?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Reka

Post by Reka »

He was found not guilty on all charges and the Russian Collusion narrative died a whimpering death. Impeachment never transpired.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

A great man.