I made a music

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

I made a music

Post by BOOMY »

Haven't been in these parts for a while. Anyway over the lockdown I have been fiddling with LSDJ on the gameboy and my guitar. Here is some terrible music I made, behold my shitty drum patterns, chiptune and guitar solos. Every sound you hear is either a gameboy or guitar; can be played live.
Check it out on spotify, apple, amazon, youtube, tiktok and whatever the fuck else.
Search for "One Hit Kill - Brute Force & Ignorance"

I think the next stuff I do won't have heavy guitars and will give a bit more space to the gameboy to breathe. I am "unlocking" some really cool sounds in LSDJ that I don't want over powered by a loud guitar. Anyway, rip me to shreds, you bunch of dicks. :D Hopefully more to come sooner than later.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Re: I made a music

Post by Gamma »

Noice. :up:

I enjoyed it, got real Chuck Rock vibes from the second track. Interested to hear what's next!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This is awesome, well fkn done and keen to hear more.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Thanks heaps for listen guys. Appreciate it more than you realize. 10 new tracks coming first quarter 2021. No heavy guitars in your face, more of a dusty cowboy chiptune flamenco vibe; yes that is a thing. Expect more shameless self congratulatory music posting soon :D
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Sounds good! How did you go about getting your tunes on all of those services?
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Distrokid is the service. its like US$25 per year or so, if i recall. They post it on apple, pandora, spotify, youtube, tiktok and more. Even so there is a lot to do to make the algorithm "see" you, hence my completed LP will likely hit mid march-ish at the earliest, despite being "finished". I'm sure it will take a few tries of learning what the algorithm wants to get some listeners besides my mum but I'll nut it out eventually. That being said, the best thing you can do to support it at this level is create a playlist with music you like that also contains my shit, that's enough to make the robots think this content will result in longer listening time on their platform. Either way, I expect nothing in terms of kudos or cash and am grateful for anyone who thinks its not a waste of time. Thanks to all.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/onehi ... -y-gameboy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spotify pre-save available here. Releasing 26th of March.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Well well well, the release date has come. It will be out tomorrow. Pretty sure it goes live tonight at midnight on your local time.
Links and a short post mortem no one will read coming soon.

Search "One hit kill guitarra y gameboy" on your favourite streaming platform from midnight tonight.
Spotify. Apple music. Pandora. Amazon. Tik Tok. Youtube. Whatever else there is.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-BjG0K ... MM&index=1

Having trouble getting my hands on the Apple link from the backend but yea just search, it's on Apple too if that's all you use.

Please open in your streaming app, like, save, follow, share, playlist etc. I will appreciate it so much. Whether you have the volume up at the time or not is your business. Hail lord algorithm

As usual, all sounds are exclusively made by just a gameboy and a guitar.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I typed as far as "Guitarra y" in Spotify and you're the top result, evidently your mum's had a few listens.

I dig it! I think you've hit on a great sound with many of these tracks, there's good balance between the synth and guitar parts- giving the Gameboy a bit more room to breathe was a good call. The GB bass in particular is epic, I was on my morning commute during the first listen and when Bad Seed started I genuinely thought for a moment the playlist had ended and FSoL or something had come on. Liked, sprinkled through some playlists and passed a link along to some of my music buddies. Turns out "kind of flamenco-western guitar with busted Gameboy synth" is an easy sell. Keep it up!
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

You bloody legend Gamma, thanks for both the positive feedback and the algorithm pumping, i love you! And yea that GB bass is crazy, each time I discover a new way of making some disgusting bitcrushed sounding instrument it inspires a new song. Sometimes I use the instrument tables for one thing on the wrong channel entirely and it glitches out into a whole new thing. see; the rock organ sounding thing happening part way through track 3. I could really see myself aping some deep purple classic rock with that instrument.

I'm very happy with how it turned out and held together thematically. I wore my guacamelee and rodrigo y gabriella inspiration on my sleeve for this one. I think treating each one as if its the soundtrack to a particular setting/game genre is a good way to compile a bunch of tracks. I've got a lot of positive feedback on bad seed as well as the track before it; cowabungaa, the surf rock sounding one. Both those tracks could be mission statements for releases of their own. It's hard to resist the temptation to put out nothing but more of this style but there are so many ideas yet to explore before I start making sequels. Since completing these tracks I've been working on some lava/boss/castle/firepit type neoclassical sounding stuff, some slower chill hop stuff and just recently a work mate who is into psytrance has been giving me the cheat codes for that, so I guess also some doof.

Plenty more coming. Thankyou so much for your support, i am very grateful.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

How's Distrokid working out for you? I finally convinced my band to release our old recordings commercially (with the secret goal of convincing them to get back into the fucking studio), so I'm eyeing up all the options.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Sorry for the late reply, I got a new PC (rtx 3060 baby) and didnt have my old bookmarks bar with the ranch logo staring at me everytime i browse. Distrokid is fine. I mean it does what it says on the tin. You are uploaded to all platforms you check the box for. All data metrics and access to profiles for each platform is granted and they consolidate all revenue into one place (not that its relevant in my case). Not sure what else I can say but ask questions and it might spark some thoughts.

Meanwhile, prepare your anus. New EP just released. 4 tracks of dark drum n bass psytrance chiptune guitar madness.

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/onehi ... nintendont

BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Here is a little chiptune demo I knocked up for people less acquainted with the possibilities.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

BIANNUAL GAMEBOY NARCISSISM

New EP just dropped.
Chiptune and metal mixed with dnb, glitchop, trance and dubstep.
Stream it and go fuck yourself
:)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

It's that time again. Full length LP. No guitar. Pure jank stank and jank. Glitch hop break beat trancey drum n bass shit. on gameboy. :nana:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Gonna give this a listen at work tomorrow. Sounds great so far, had a quick sample of a few.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Appreciate the interest and support, mang, thanks.