Shenmue the TV Series

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Shenmue the TV Series

Post by Froggy »

So, anyone any idea how I can watch this in AU? Or alternatively download the episodes in English? So far can only find japanese language torrent and can't stream..
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Re: Shenmue the TV Series

Post by Hercy »

Firstly, thankyou for revealing to me that a Shenmue TV series is a thing. Based on the plot summaries on Wikipedia of the eps so far, it looks like the next episode is going to have some hot forklift action.

You can watch the first two eps at https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/shenmue-the-animation

The Crunchyroll version looks like they only have Japanese voice and English subtitles, but that's what I would prefer anyway compared to the English dub.

You need to register/subscribe for the third ep, but I don't know if that's just because they block the newest ep and all you'd have to do is wait a week. Can you subscribe to Crunchyroll as an Australian? From a bit of Googling it looks like there's no geo blocking.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Gah so my issue is my kids seen the preview which was in English and want to watch it with me. Subtitles won't work as they wont be able to read or one can but won't be able to keep up with what's going on. Might need to vpn to adultswim or something.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

lol what? Where did this come from...
Gonna check it out.
(The versions I'm getting are all Jap with eng subtitles (good for me) although it might be good for a laugh if the English was as stilted as the game's.)