Windows Live Messenger

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Windows Live Messenger

Post by GreyWizzard »

Anyone else upgrade from MSN to this yet?

I was kind of hoping it would link into the live network and show me who is online with the 360 and let me message them but alas it does about eff all...

The folder sharing thing is cool, and the ability to now send offline messages is nice. But I thought the whole live thing would include well... live.
van

Post by van »

Give it time, it's a fairly new app. Woulda been nice for it to be setup outta the box, but I'm sure it'll come along eventually.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I'm gonna update today, but from what you're saying it has no relevance to LIVE at all?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I just hope the update still works through my work firewall, msn has been problamatic in the past.
van

Post by van »

Sonic Jam wrote:I'm gonna update today, but from what you're saying it has no relevance to LIVE at all?
Yeah, nothing to do with XBox Live at this point. Live.com is Microsoft's new web home, and this Live Messenger is a part of that. MSN Messenger has been replaced by Live Messenger.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Thanks for clarifying that, I didn't think MS would be so stupid as to offer a console and soon to be PC online experience called LIVE, and a messenger service for PC called LIVE, and not have them work together in any way.

Left hand not talking to the right hand or something?
van

Post by van »

Well they definitely haven't given any indication that the Xbox Live system and Live.com will ever be integrated, but it makes sense for them to eventually be tied together. I'd say right now they're focused on just getting Live.com off the ground, and they'll look at ways to tie the two services together over time.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

But it's not even XBox LIVE anymore, in a few months the first LIVE anywhere games are gonna come out on PC/360.

So there will be a whole LIVE network for gaming (cross platform included) that doesn't talk to their LIVE network for chatting (pc only).

Such a missed opportunity and I hope it's all connected by the end of this year.