What music are you listening to at the mo bro?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: What music are you listening to at the mo bro?

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Madmya wrote:Roger that, I will. I have heard Synchestra before and can vouch that the first few songs are fucking bliss but I haven't given the album the attention it deserves. I shall purchase and sit on it for a while.
have you checked out The Retinal Circus?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Ochre - Isolette EP

Big fan of this guy's stuff. Seems to be a little bit of dubstep influence in there, which works.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I've been cranking Metallica's back catalogue this weekend. Reload and older, that is.

It's funny how much people like to hang shit on Load & Reload. They're two fucking brilliant albums. Absolutely flawless writing and recording, and groundbreaking performances. Absolutely epic albums, and hands-down better than anything else released in the second half of the 90s. Every band should feel in awe of what Metallica pulled off with those two albums.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Madmya wrote:Roger that, I will. I have heard Synchestra before and can vouch that the first few songs are fucking bliss but I haven't given the album the attention it deserves. I shall purchase and sit on it for a while.
have you checked out The Retinal Circus?
Live albums don't usually excite me so I hadn't. You mentioning it made me seek out the set list, seeing Color Your World/The Greys definitely got me excited. Actually it's a pretty fantastic set list so I'm looking for the video of it right now. A bit disappointing there's nothing from Ki or Terria on there but you can't win them all I guess.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The video is available as a 10GB 1080p torrent from ipt...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:wink: onto it...
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Buy it ya fucks!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

*ahem*
IMAG0621.jpg
Bought it earlier today, although not the DVD. If I could buy a digital copy of the video, I would. DVD doesn't cut it, and I'm lacking a blu Ray player (bone doesn't work). Ugh, perhaps i should buy it. It's a great concert, the storyline lames me out so much that it's awesome. The setlist is great. Speaking of, I checked out the setlist for the show a couple of nights ago in England - awesome. Thankfully it's being released too. That prompted me to check out what was played at the Brisbane show and I'm annoyed about what songs I didn't know at the time. Finished with Deep Peace! :suicide:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I've seen faith no more album around on the intertron... I'm buying it day 1, but I'm tempted to "preview" it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I heard from others that it's shitty quality so I'll be avoiding.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I've been cranking Metallica's back catalogue this weekend. Reload and older, that is.

It's funny how much people like to hang shit on Load & Reload. They're two fucking brilliant albums. Absolutely flawless writing and recording, and groundbreaking performances. Absolutely epic albums, and hands-down better than anything else released in the second half of the 90s. Every band should feel in awe of what Metallica pulled off with those two albums.
Like Use Your Illusion, you could trim the fat off both Load and Reload and have one epic album. Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn are two of my fav tracks off Load.

Speaking of earlier albums, Kill em All and Ride the Lightning Remasters should have a release date announced by now.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Do remasters happen with music?
Some of my favorite albums suffer from bad mixing, or just technology has simply improved since.

Speaking of gunners and faith no more, I think appetite and the real thing both lack bass and clarity.

I'd love for Alice in chains' facelift to be tweaked and re-released... Fucking great album.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Gamma wrote:Image
Ochre - Isolette EP

Big fan of this guy's stuff. Seems to be a little bit of dubstep influence in there, which works.
I have A Midsummer Nice Dream and that shit has been played many times to overcome insomnia (sounds like a bad thing but it's not). Involution is mesmerizing.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

jizzlobber wrote:Do remasters happen with music?
Some of my favorite albums suffer from bad mixing, or just technology has simply improved since.
Yeah, sometimes. It's weird how Lightning and Justice sound like they were recorded in a shoebox, while their contemporaries can sound as though they were recorded yesterday...
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

jizzlobber wrote:Do remasters happen with music?

Speaking of gunners and faith no more, I think appetite and the real thing both lack bass and clarity.

I'd love for Alice in chains' facelift to be tweaked and re-released... Fucking great album.
http://pitchfork.com/news/59389-faith-n ... us-tracks/

Fuck yes!!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

How's that for a coincidence?!

Doesn't sound like it's going to be remastered unfortunately. This is pretty popular of bands late but most don't end up sounding much different. One of the few exceptions was NIN's re-release of Pretty Hate Machine. That sounds heaps better.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

They're back... again? Good to see they're pumping out new material, even if this doesn't do a hell of a lot for me. They're supporting Faith No More in the states, what a show that'd be.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Yeah that would be rather intense! Agree that the new song isn't much though.

On a random note Mads, did you ever end up giving Pearl Jam's No Code a try? Just listening to it now and remembered you dug Vitalogy, and I've always thought of them as companion albums in a way. No Code is much more chilled though.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I haven't, no. I keep looking at JB and it's always $28 or something which I baulk at. Maybe I'll just download it and if I love it, then I'll buy it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Reviews are starting to come in for Sol Invictus. I have a general dislike for music reviews as it's usually just elitist wank, but all I want to read is this:
The thing that is great about “Sol Invictus” is that it doesn’t feel like a ‘reunion album’. It isn’t a dramatic rebirth or a nostalgic pisswash. Think of it more of a reawakening, the resurrection of a corpse laid to rest too soon. Twenty years after writing “Midlife Crisis“, the band have actually survived their own and seamlessly picked up right where they left off.
Source: http://www.theprp.com/2015/04/27/review ... -invictus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Album streaming: http://t.co/9fiPl84a7s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oh shit, about halfway through and I'm sold. Cone of Shame - excellent. There's some Tomahawk vibes throughout but it's unmistakably FNM, but new at the same time.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

I'm sold. This is what you'd expect to hear after Album of the year. Definately can hear FNM but other influences as well. I would of liked it to be a bit more heavier but I'm not gonna complain about it. Accoustic Guitar threw me a bit but still fucking fantastic. Getting this day one and it wont be leaving the car cd stacker for a long long time.