Fuck this stupid county's transport systems

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Fuck this stupid county's transport systems

Post by Talez »

So anyway a mate of mine from work usually lives in Hong Kong and when we were talking about the new Smartrider system he produced his Octopus card.

They can use this thing as cash. They have watches with the wireless chip embedded into it as well as an X-Press On mobile cover (for the 33xx series) based on this shit. Not only that but Sony and DoCoMo already have the FeLiCa stuff ready to be thrown into a mobile phone. Sony have also build laptops that can take a FeLiCa card and shop over the internet with it.

What do we have in Australia? A bunch of systems that don't work with each other, are exclusively for public transport and are tied up in a bunch of Australian companies that are so retardedly proprietary it makes my head spin.

Why are we wasting all this money on rolling out proprietary smart card solutions when we could just have a nationwide system using already proven FeLiCa technology with innovative products that are already available. Fuck this stupid country's transport systems.</vent>
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

Most of that was gibberish to me but maybe I'm too lazy to read it properly. I kind of get what your saying, and in an ideal world we would have a device that acts like a phone, a credit card, car keys etc... Do you have any links that would better demonstrate this technology that's being used in Hong Kong?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I read it carefully, no idea what he's on about.