I was Russell Crowe's stooge...

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

I was Russell Crowe's stooge...

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Thought I'd share this remarkable article. Quite long but well worth it.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ntentSwap2
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Whoa nice read. I knew Crowe had a few problems but man I never knew he was such a fucking self-centred lunatic. Finally, we have our own Tom Cruise. :lol:
Pat

Post by Pat »

That was a good read.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Very interesting read indeed. Although most likely tainted by the journalist's self preservation of his own reputation.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I dunno I think he pretty much concedes he broke the moral code of journalism when he wrote the article, I think this article was more to admit it and then to also expose the hollywood machine.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I certainly don't blame the journalist for writing this article. It is a well written and largely factual article, that I think at times is very brutally honest, but at others he only flirts with his own actual intent. It's the skill of the writing that makes us so easily side with him (not that anyone would side with Crowe, but I'll assume that you get what I mean).

It does make me question the entire media 'circus' though. It will only get worse before it gets better, as the road it is going down will only benefit artists/celebrities/journalist/publishers etc. It is the viewer/reader/audience that has their seemingly unbiased sources of information tarnished by the behind the scenes transactions of favour like the one this article aims to uncover.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

I haven't read the whole article but is the journalist the guy who wrote the Stevie Wright book?

Coz that was a fucking top read.

EDIT: Just checked and he is!!! If you want an entertaining book, see if you can track down "Sorry: The wretched tale of Little Stevie Wright" by Jack Marx ... awesome, yet depressing read.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I remember reading this not that long ago.Was it in the newspaper?

I can't remember now.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Great read!

Even though I like some Russell Crowe movies, it doesnt alter that fact he's the worlds biggest arrogant fucker!