What do you drive?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Re: What do you drive?

Post by General Chaos »

Well someone else bailed today so we are well on track to overshoot our staffing targets. :)

So...

XR6 Turbo?

I've had my eye on and XR8 (dat miami) but an XR6T is very appealing to me as well. Also no need to pay over the odds for the for the fusion face lift. Word on the street is you can get a FG2 XR6T for under $40k drive away vs $50k+ for the FG X.

So yeah FG2 XR6T.

Pros:
Not a fusion :P
Pretty much the same car as the more expensive refresh
It's an XR6T
Great bang for buck
Dash no worse than the new model
Not as thirsty as an XR8
SS killer
True Aussie Gold
Savings can go on (insert stuff here)
Not a fucking SUV

Cons:
Not a XR8
Not the last of an era
No sync2

Fucked if I know... Might go see Unfunks cousin tomoz.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

That'd be my brother. He'll get you sorted.

Personally, if I had to choose, I'd get the XR6 turbo. Better fuel economy (important, given how pricey fuel is in this state), plus the cool turbo sound.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Ahh yes, Brother...

XR6T is the slightly more practical choice.

Also Manual seems like the only correct decision.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

is... is there another option?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

The XR6 does seem like the more sensible option. Plus I don't know what car rego is like in Tassie, but there's a big difference in cost between a 6 and an 8.

But there's nothing like the growl of a v8.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Mmm only one Auto lux pack Octane XR6T.

There would need to be a lot of room to move on the price...

Went to a competitor who claim to have a traded manual (burnt orange) with 25K on the clock coming in this week. Reckon I will take that for a spin but at indicated price of $36K probably not interested.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Gentlemen.

Allow me to present the latest mod for my car. Precision tuned to provide my car the optimum weight balance and sharp-as-a-tack handling in wet weather.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Anyone got $9k I can... er... "borrow"...?
uploadfromtaptalk1417172031728.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

:up:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Another service done - timing belt kit, 12 hunge (not bad considering). But ... he said probably front rotors next time. Checked when I got home, there's about 1.5 mm ridge? Another expensive one next year damnit. Stupid cars.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Time for a Stage II upgrade? ;)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just had my 3 month free inspection done last week. I mistakenly drove into the wrong car yard ( they're all lined up) first until I realised I didn't buy a Toyota. The chap was nice though, very understanding and I almost walked out with a new car. Nice people these car salesman.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

We bought a 5 year old captiva for 13,900 a couple of days ago, it's about all we could afford and we need 7 seats.

It's very nice and looks awesome (black with dark tint), but I really hope it will be reliable because I've heard they are a bit flakey.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I just got a caution for going 100kph (P-platers can only go 80kph here..)... because the cop didn't believe the readout that said I was going 148kph. Good thing he didn't come around that corner sooner, then! :laugh:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Lol that's some good luck. 148 would have been instant license and a huge fine?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yup, instant loss of license, massive fine, and - I think - loss of car, too! I was pushing 170 out in the middle of nowhere, but I lifted off when I saw the car in front of him come around the corner. Then I saw him and hit the brakes immediately. My only thought was "holy shit, I am properly fucked!" :laugh:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Recently traded the Honda Accord for a demo 2013 Nissan Dualis Ti-L model. Totally not my kind of car but got it for reasonably cheap. Like all the leather interior, sunroof and all the extras. Not liking the 2 litre engine much though. Not complaining, plan to trade up in 4 years to a Hilux.

Seriously unfnk, cut the speed out. Been to a fair share of fatals and and it isn't pretty at 100+ kph.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Just getting it out of my system!
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Today I was lucky enough to drive a Maserati (not mine!) at an exotic car meet up around the kinglake area. There were about 50 cars all up, mostly Italian supercars. Most of them could run rings around the V8 I was driving but it still kept up nicely. I even overtook a 458 on a bit of straight single lane road, scaring the shit out of the gf :lol:

Heading off was a bit mental with a lot of testosterone was released on the Eastern freeway. Total Fast & the Furious moment (or Forza Horizon).
carmeet1.jpg
The mullum-mullum tunnel was a non-stop eargasm with the V12's screaming the whole way through. Once we got out into the windy stuff it was sublime. Luckily not a cop in sight ;)

Dunno if facebook vids work here:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

I currently drive a work supplied Camry. Im handing the keys back early next year and getting myself a 2015 Mustang. Always been a dream cant take my money with me when I'm dead so stuff it I say.
2nd place is the first loser....

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Having just landed back in Aussie on Thursday I was in the market for another car. I was very happy with my shitty old 1996 VS Commy when I was in Adelaide despite the average handing. I needed a car fairly quickly and there were a few around my price range, which was sadly only $4k for reasons I won't go into. Ideally I wanted a manual first but tbh unless I drove around 60+kms there were hardly any around. Missed out on a very tidy VX SS with 200km on the clock and full log book/service history, new reg and new RWC which advertised for a very modest $4k I did see a few Supercharged ones listyed including a manual but that came with no RWC (Failed on those gas struts for the bonnet apparently which raised questions why he didn't just get it done).

Anyway, settled on this very nice 2006 VZ SV6 with all the options. 255hp at the wheels, LSD, 5 speed Auto with paddle shifters on the wheel, TCS, ABS, ELectronic Brake Distribution, Dual Air Bags, Full Cop Suspension (1" lower than standard) and leather interior. Cost me $3300 with brand new RWC and new Rego. Only blemish really is a very small knuckle sized dent in the front of the bonnet and a lot of stone chips been touched up. Oh and the pesky fuel flap is missing. What's up with so many Commodores with this missing?

These two pics are just the ones from the advert but will take some more soon.
11377369_10153476479125676_2182461791204911863_n.jpg
10881584_10153476558735676_5945446126534726644_n.jpg
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

What are people's thoughts on kit cars?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Knight Rider is an excellent show.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I knew somebody would say something like that#
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I like Kit Cars and the thought of putting your own choice of running gear is even better. The good thing about Kit Cars is that they are so light even a decent 1600cc motor gives an impressive performance so you don't need to go overboard with something like a 2.3 V6 engine.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.