What do you drive?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: What do you drive?

Post by itch »

Got a speeding ticket in my new (used) BF MKII Fairmont ghia the other day.

83 in a 70 zone. :roll: Must have got me after I slowed down. :lol:

So easy to speed in this thing!
-------------------------------------
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Yeah I had just seen Mad Max a couple of days before so... You know the rest.

Love my car btw, it has the 6 speed ZF gearbox it's yummy.

Had it for about 3 months now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-------------------------------------
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote:I like Kit Cars and the thought of putting your own choice of running gear is even better. The good thing about Kit Cars is that they are so light even a decent 1600cc motor gives an impressive performance so you don't need to go overboard with something like a 2.3 V6 engine.
There's a British mob called Lister Bell that put together a Lancia Stratos replica/kit. They've recently made a version of it to fit a Toyota 2GR-FE power plant and an E153 transmission. When I've dug myself out of this debt, I think I'll investigate it, because that combination sound like manna from heaven.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I thought you were the talking about a kit set car similar to a Caterham.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Nah, I like having a roof.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I read that as root. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

...that, too! Not sure how it'd work in a Stratos replica, but whatever!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

So guys, if you have a Toyota that needs some obscure part, or even if it's not obscure but you'd like it cheaply, I'd recommend http://www.toyotapart.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're probably not the cheapest place on the internets (they're cheaper than local though!), but they seem to have pretty much everything. Their ordering system forces you to either call or email them, as they don't have an easily searchable database, but when you do, they have an expert fielding your enquiry, not some warehouse monkey.

And, my favourite bit of all - the one that makes up for the funky ordering system - is that their cheapest delivery method is bullshit fast. They sent my last order on last Thursday morning my time, and it arrived here in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere, Tasmania this morning.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Well I've been done on points. License suspended for 6 months as of tomorrow.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Oh crap. How does that affect you?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

We can do 6 months with me off the road and I can minimise the work I do, only keeping the most profitable contracts going but it's still going to put us back a bit. I'll just spend the time putting more effort into my degree than I normally have. I tend to take a positive perspective when it comes to things like this. I've been winding my business up for the last year (I've cut the advertising and other expenses) or so anyway with the mind of getting some shitty part time job until I get the degree. What's done is done I guess. It's only six months. It should pass by in 6 months because, you know, it only takes 6 months for 6 months to pass.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

could you not argue that you need your license for your livelihood or something?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

unfnknblvbl wrote:could you not argue that you need your license for your livelihood or something?
They'll respond with "Well you should of thought about that before you sped past a school while getting a blow job from a midget hooker and talking on your phone"
Last edited by t0mby on 22 Jan 2016 03:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Probably. But I took that promise deal they offer and still got hit twice. I literally do not believe one of them and the other was an official 63 in a 60 zone (officially 68, but -5). But the fact is I got myself here. It happened. BUT, I think it's a completely ludicrous system. So much so that I'm going into Centrelink next week and putting all my cards on the table (money in the bank, assets...whatever)and going for everything I can get. Austudy, fucken family benefits we'd never have claimed. Whatever. Rules are rules. I broke them. Now I want money from the system. I've worked since forever. Business has always paid its taxes. It'll work out to fuck all but it's 6 months. My conscience is clear.

I haven't been pulled over for speeding in 6 or 7 years. All of it is cameras, all of it. It's fucking suspect as.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Family Tax Benefit isn't asset tested, only income tested, so if you're not working much you'll be entitled to something.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

sweet
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

it's also tax exempt income, so you don't have to worry about it fouling up thresholds and brackets and whatnot.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Wifey and I are looking at upgrading to fit the kids in a family sized car. We currently have a 2010 VE SS (keeping that) and a 2010 Mazda 3 SP25 (selling/trading).
Looking at either one of these- Hyundai Tuscon. Nissan Qashqai. Holden VE series 2 Calais.

I think either would be nice but not really sure what to go for. Anyone here own any of these cars or have any stories (good and/or bad) on either cars?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Nicole had a Tucson, she's thinking of getting the new model. They're not bad. The only problem is you'll forever hear people pronounce it as Tuckson rather that the correct phonetic of "tooson". Drove me batshit. It's like people have never heard of Arizona.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Tucson are pretty nice, we were going to buy one, found a cheap brand new (2015 model) one for $28990 active x, but ended up not getting it.

Good luck. Check out whirlpool's car section, there should be a thread on it for Aussie buyers.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

In the market for a mid size SUV this year, Tucson is on the list. I like the looks of the Mitsubishi outlander, size is good and 7 seats, has good clearance for some offroad. Wife likes the Jeeps(cherokee/Grand cherokee) but I keep reading about their reliability issues, just don't want that hassle.

If anyone has some recommendations that would be great, It has to be have some off road ability and not be just a soft roader, AWD/4WD good wheel clearance etc. I see CX5's are top rated but they're pretty useless off road imo, probably why reviewers like them, they're more hatchback than 4wd imo and drive better.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

In the end I picked up a new 2015 MY16 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS diesel. I was able to get a great deal on it because it was a late 2015 compliance date, love the low rev toque the diesel provides, it's very quiet and clean. Happy camper.

Here is a pic of what it looks like, I got it in black which works really well with the chrome grill and highlights. My old A3 is black so I'm used to the extra maintenance a black car requires.

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

:up:
Damn fine vehicle lestat. If I wasn't such a tight-arse, that'd be the car I'd buy.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Thank god it wasn't a Jeep!
flipswitch
que
que