What do you drive?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

flipswitch
que
que

What do you drive?

Post by flipswitch »

We should have know you're Tom Cruise's biggest fan. You probably have the poster on your wall and frequently touch yourself in your special place. I know have.

Do you have his latest inside leg measurements? I think he got some work done down there.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: What do you drive?

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:Do you have his latest inside leg measurements? I think he got some work done down there.
Sadly not. He threw away the tape measure after I was "accidently" caught cupping him.
unfnknblvbl wrote:Fark, that's alright fuel economy. My MR2 gets about 11L/100km!
Just filled the tank on the bike. 9L = 150km.

:nana:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

*sigh* 16L = 100km :talezcry:
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

That's why I'm trying to find a 6 speed BF, they go as low as 10.5 apparently, whereas the 4 speed is more like 12+.
-------------------------------------
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:*sigh* 16L = 100km :talezcry:
Fucken hell, what are you driving, a Hummer?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

XR8.

And yes itch, I've heard from many the new transmission is much better in the BF than the BA. If you were going manual, don't go earlier than BA MkII.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I was actually thinking auto, I loved my manual celica, but a big sedan kind of begs for an auto doesn't it? What's the general impression of manual falcons, is it worth it? How does your manual gearbox handle all those V8s? Do they wear out? Is the car prone to losing traction if you're a little careless with the clutch mid corner?

I'm kind of eyeing off BF Mk II Fairmont Ghia with a 6 speed auto, but they are hard to find, and the price gets up there a bit, might have to compromise and go an XR6 BF MkII six speed? They're always in a weird colour though, lol the hunt continues.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You'll be happy with the auto. From what I've heard the manual is purely for 'fun' and if you don't necessarily care about manual, go the auto. My manual seems fine, I haven't had problems. Handling is fine, I mean falcons are big boats with power in the rear so it's not going to handle as well as smaller cars but it's fine. I like having a manual. Not sure what you mean about being careless with the clutch through corners though, I'm not really using my clutch through a corner! In the wet it's pretty easy for the tail to whip out if you're being careless though.

There'd be a fairly hefty difference between prices of the fairmont and the XR6 wouldn't there? You can get XR8s with a luxury pack option (mine has leather seats with velour insets and.... wait for it... AN ANALOGUE CLOCK) so surely you'd be able to get the same with the XR6? Probs a lot rarer though.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I'll just have to test drive one. :D

Currently have an auto commodore and I think it fits the style of car, but there's only one way to be sure.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Who uses a clutch on the corner? Slow in, fast out. :P
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Downshifting?

Would do it pre/mid corner all the time for engine breaking. In a car like a Celica you can do it wildly, because they're gutless.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jesus, I'd never change down mid corner for engine braking. If you need to change down halfway round a corner you entered it to fast anyway.

How often have you gone through brake pads in an auto?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Problems noted in the education of drivers.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Bet itch is one of those people who comes to a stop at the end of an on ramp to the freeway till there is a gap big enough for him. ;)
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Jesus, I'd never change down mid corner for engine braking. If you need to change down halfway round a corner you entered it to fast anyway.
You haven't lived until you have. 8)

Fuck I used to drive like a maniac.

There's probably something psychological behind it but I used to get around on the redline in my little car but now that I have a big sedan I drive -slow- it must some kind of inferiority complex.

EDIT: Otherwise known as the 'Lowrider Phenomenon'
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

itch wrote:
You haven't lived until you have. 8)

Fuck I used to drive like a maniac.
Me too but I was usually speeding up mid way around the corner not slowing down. :t0mby:
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

You must only drive on roads you've memorized *shrug*

For example a chicane. One you've never taken before. First corner, no prob, second one looks hairy, downshift, rev match power out. That shit is happening mid corner. It happens. I don't know about you, but I'm not perfectly prepared for every corner I take!

That's why I'm a little wary about a manual rear drive Australian car. I'll take the fact you see this behaviour as unspeakable as confirmation of my suspicions.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

No, I just wouldn't of driven like a "maniac" around roads I didn't know, that's when you get into trouble (not police trouble).
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

This is why I think an auto is the right choice for me. I have impulse control issues and I don't need that shit in a 200 kw rear drive car with poor traction control.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

itch wrote:This is why I think an auto is the right choice for me. I have impulse control issues and I don't need that shit in a 200 kw rear drive car with poor traction control.
I dunno man, if you lost traction in a manual (RWD) you have clutch control at least, in an auto what are you doing to do?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I think I probably wouldn't be going fast in the first place in an auto.

Part of me thinks a manual would be a good opportunity to learn some more mature driving techniques (kind of why I've been eyeing an 86) but on the other hand fuck it, give me a taxi with a spoiler on it at least I won't hurt myself.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

This is what I actually want. I think grippy/understeery is my flavour.

Happy to drive a taxi with leather seats til I get the quids.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I dunno how much bearing my little experience has on the conversation, but autos fucking terrify me. If I were forced to have a big Aussie V8, I'd get a manual.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Why? It's not like you have no control. Pretty sure you can use that sports shift with falcon autos or whatever it's called as well. Where you just tap up or down to change gear. I dunno, cloud is best qualified to comment as I'm pretty sure his GT is auto.

I have only ever heard good things about the autos in the BFs and above.