What do you drive?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: What do you drive?

Post by Cletus »

Is this your first mantruck? it is 4x4 right?

You should probably spring for the towbar. You probably won't need it but you should still get it. The other thing you do not need but absolutely should have for mantruck is something like but not limited to

I have this exact one. Sometimes on the road, we all get the urge to troll people on the internet but due to the constraints of driving, we're often forced to abandon the urge. CB radio is the internet of the road, allowing me to perform perennial classics such as "can anyone lend me some money so I can buy my little girl a happy meal" without having to type the words.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Gun rack, don't forget the gun rack!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's my first non-Commodore, it came with the towbar as well.

Tomorrow I'm getting new wheels, tail lights, fender flares, front grille and a partial blackout (getting rid of the chrome mirrors, door handles etc).

After that the last thing to do will be to powder coat the sports bar. Chrome isn't happening, but matte black is.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

So aesthetically it will practically be a Raptor?

Is there much to differentiate it from a Raptor?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Doesn't the Raptor have a massive gis gazzling V8 and the normal Ranger have a 4.2 diesel?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The Raptor has heated seats, heated mirrors.

My XLT has the same engine as the Raptor (you can now option in the 2L bi-turbo engine that the Raptors have on 2019 XLT and Wildtraks).

But because the XLT is roughly 135kg lighter, it actually takes off better than the Raptor. Not that you're buying these things to race...but when you put the foot down it goes.

Tomby the Raptor has a 2L twin turbo diesel.

Up until this year, the "lesser" Rangers had a 3.2L turbo diesel. But with the 2019 models Ford lets you option in the Raptor engine.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Attached some before and afters.

Top photos is what I drove out of the dealership. Bottom is what I picked up from the shop today.

The next changes will be the sports bar being a powder coated matte black, I will also get rid of the chrome plates on the rear bumper and will cop myself a set of black rego plates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Candy Arse on 12 Jul 2019 06:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I was actually intending on getting a Raptor, but after doing my homework on the 2019 range...fuck that! A jazzed up XLT is better value for money.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

the stock grill is pretty derpy, the black one looks much tougher. Looks good. Nice upgrades.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Nice vehicle, CA. Congrats. :up:
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Candy Arse wrote:Attached some before and afters.

Top photos is what I drove out of the dealership. Bottom is what I picked up from the shop today.

The next changes will be the sports bar being a powder coated matte black, I will also get rid of the chrome plates on the rear bumper and will cop myself a set of black rego plates.
Yep Black is the new chrome :up:

Black plates will finish it off.
2nd place is the first loser....

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Managed to score a set of BMW X5 rims for my Clubsport for a low low price of $400. My car is the one on the top and the bottom pic is what it'll look like with the X5s, except mine will have the HSV center caps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

unfnknblvbl wrote::lol: The only reason I didn't get it was because I was declined financing for some obtuse reason. I intend to upgrade to an Elise in a couple of years :P

Needs a new boot lid thanks to a previous owner trying to stuff something that doesn't fit into the boot. The thermostat is gone burger and the oil sensor needs replacing. I probably paid a bit more for it than I should have ($7200), but it was the only unmolested MR2 in Adelaide that hadn't done a quadrillion miles, and I had to talk the seller into actually selling it. She changed her mind three times!

On the other hand, the engine is dead quiet and the gearbox shifts like no other 20yo car I've been in.
Eight years, and I still haven't gotten that Lotus Elise. The MR2 though, is still going strong. It's taken me from being profiled by cops as a young hoon to harass to being profiled as a car connoisseur to be left alone. Aside from the paint and everything else a 260,000km 28yo car has going wrong with it, the only real issue I'm having is the cracked boot lid from a previous owner is finally getting to the point where I should fix that shit.

That, and getting out of it when I'm feeling particularly old & tired is... not fun
MR2 2021.jpg
On the other hand it's insured for way more than I paid for it (Shannons!), and once I get it resprayed, I can easily put a "1" in front of the price I paid for it back then if I ever need to sell it...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It was certainly a better buy than that modified one we looked at, really glad it's done you well. Even with high Kms, you won't lose money on it because they're worth a bit now. (Well they are here).

I saw my pic above reminded me I posted up about buying new rims, they're on now, done at the end of Nov, took me 8 months in total from purchase to fitting due to painting, ceramic coating, custom center caps custom locator rings and of course Covid.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

We don't appear to have a car news thread, so I'm hijacking this thread

Meet the Lotus Emira

bit of a naff name, but holy hell that looks good.. those 20" wheels make it looks like a goddamned matchbox car! I want to have its babies.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So...

This happened. For reference I am 6'6 tall, and this thing is taller than I am. It has been lifted with some extra goodies added at the front and back, and it has new wheels/tyres on there to complete the monster look.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Now to sell the old one :lol:

Am also going to get a real tint put on the Raptor, not happy with this one at all.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Next vehicle will either be an Isuzu D-Max or Toyota Hiace. Strictly practical, like the Hiace idea because it can be modified to be a home on wheels if necessary.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

NZ Govt has introduced a massive tax on utes here, farmers are livid. It's part of their plan to try and encourage EV sales, I think you get back something like $3000 back from the Govt of you buy a EV from a dealer.
Last edited by t0mby on 19 Aug 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just.saw this on FB. Fuck I laughed and instantly thought of this thread.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

How good does the mate Nissan Z look? I am being sorely tempted..
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Got my first new car in 20 years.
The newly released 2022 version of the Subaru BRZ
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

F for Fake wrote: 15 Apr 2022 11:36 am Got my first new car in 20 years.
The newly released 2022 version of the Subaru BRZ
Very nice (not that anyone can see your images...). What do you make of it?
I'm sorely tempted by the Toyota version, but also by the new Nissan Z, which I can get on a novated lease through work...
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Went sensible and bought a hybrid AWD Rav4 - look forward to getting it at some point in a year or so pending chip supplies. I've probably got two 'sensible' cars left in me. My retirement whip will be something that is fun to drive - hoping at that point EVs will finally be a mature technology.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I bought an EV!!

It's... it's a scooter. Shut up.
PXL_20240125_033920099 resized.jpg
It looks cool, but it has a top speed of 50kph with a following wind, and the turning circle of a battleship. It's been interesting to remember how to ride a bike again because it's been close to thirty years since I last rode a motorbike. I've discovered that for some reason, I really suck at turning right on a bike - it happens on a pushbike too. I wish I knew why!

The speed restriction kinda makes me want a real motorbike though. Pity it's so fucking expensive to get your bike license these days. I want an Indian Scout, but to get there will take thousands of dollars in courses and temporary bikes, and several years. I'll be an actual midlife crisis guy riding a big fat chopper. Jeeeez.