Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Movies you've seen lately.

Post by guttermouth »

Went and saw another fucken fast and the furious movie.....

Rock--Statham combo = awesome. Plenty of over the top bullshit action, plenty of car chases, explosions and one liners.

7 Rock bottoms and 1 Peoples elbow out of 10.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Zoolander 2

Was expecting this to be utter rubbish. Came away pleasantly surprised. Not as good as the original, but definitely not the worst film I've seen.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.

Loved it. It actually felt like the DLC of a great game.. it didn't quite have the impact of a big movie having a big antagonist though.. but what it lacked there.. it more than made up for in the character development.

I may have gotten teary eyed at the end.

I'd say 8.5 obvious space dong bulges from Pratt and Russell.. out of 10.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Finally got your space dong fix eh? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Just saw Guardians as well. Enjoyed it more than the first. As a wrestling fan years ago hated Bartista as a wrestler, but he is so good in this movie.

Yep Teary eyed at the end.....the song choice may of got me

8.5 Zunes out of 10
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

t0mby wrote:Finally got your space dong fix eh? :lol:
It'll do...

FOR NOW

:D
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

That new King Arthur movie is a hot fucking mess.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

What about the new Alien movie, no one seen that yet?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yep, solid 5 out of 10..................which means much better than Prometheus but still shit compared to the first two films.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Better than Alien 3 and Resurrection then? I enjoyed Prometheus so this new one should be good then.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

I enjoyed The new Alien movie thought it was a good Prometheus movie. Linked well with Prometheus and answered some questions in the Alien franchise. Only thing I didn't like about it was how quickly after getting a face hugger did we get the chest burster and a huge Alien.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

guttermouth wrote:I enjoyed The new Alien movie thought it was a good Prometheus movie. Linked well with Prometheus and answered some questions in the Alien franchise. Only thing I didn't like about it was how quickly after getting a face hugger did we get the chest burster and a huge Alien.
That happened in Alien 3 as well, some cattle got a face hugger and when they took it inside the prison a chest burster came out.

Still, in the original Alien do we have any idea how quick the transition was from chest burster to full size Alien? It's been pretty hard to tell but from my memory it was only a day or two if that considering no one slept during that time
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Yeah can assume it was a day or two. But in this new film there was one instance its like face hugger and fully grown all in less than a minute. I guess you can put it down it been at the end of the film, as with the original it happened at the start and had time to pace it.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

.........yeah that, and they change the rules every time they make an Alien movie.
Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Different atmospheres = Different metamorphosis rate?
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Clutching but I'll allow it and why not since its the original director and writer breaking his own rules. Acid for blood is now only a little problem not a huge fucking hull breach problem which was a really important element of the first film. Dumbed down in the 2nd, largely ignored later on and paid lip service in the latest.

If it wasn't for Fatburger this film would also be trash.
Candy Arse wrote:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Saw Alien: Covenant and I thought it just wasn't scary or make the Aliens seem as menacing as previous flicks.

One of the reasons why Alien was so scary was the mysterious origins. And when they tell you everything about the beasts it ruins the mystery of how they became such bad arse monsters. It's a devil you know. You are now familiar with who they are and they look way too clean and there is no slime, no fear to get raped by one, and they just seem very generic as far as monsters go.

But the Alien is stealthy monster that creeps up on you and merges its own body to you and makes you one of it by growing inside you. It's you. You are the monster and the monster becomes you.

When they start focusing so much on the androids it makes the aliens boring.
Here is what I think needs to be done. Don't let Ridley Scott touch it and let others take over. The purpose is to make us scared of the creature again. When you make it a science fiction movie more than a horror movie you piss off the horror fans and sell out to the sci-fi nerd too much which is not what Alien was. To me
Alien is a horror movie set in space just like Star Wars could be seen as a world war 2 story set in space or Aliens could be seen as viet nam war in space.

Get back to making a terryfying monster movie. (jurrassic park) Take my advice and you will suceed. I like the design of the Xenomorph but the reason it is respected is because science can't contain this monster. It is just too fast, too intelligent, and too numerous to dominate. It's basically YOU if you were given unlimited power and you are not going to be nice if you could rape everyone else that isn't you and cannibalise others.

Movies like "The Thing" were telling us that humans are the worst enemy of humans. The alien is just metaphor for evil spirit that possesses the good people so they kill each other and when power is given to one side it threatens to rape the other side too much and result in extinction. The thing is YOU and you are The Thing. (monsters can have a human appearance and fallen angels in bible can disguise themselves as angels of Light) Today's movies forget why we are scared of stuff and they are focusing too much into the science behind the aliens more than trying to make them terrifying. The true genius behind alien is the designer o the creature H.R.Giger. There are too many bad humans being born and wanting to play god with nature and maybe depopulation can be seen as a good thing to limit man's damage to nature. So the Xenomorph is the grim reaper harvesting souls for the devil and God's safety valve in case prideful man who desires to mimmick god gets too out of control.

Hopefully if there is ever a Metroid movie, they use this guy as monster design for it. Alien franchise to me is in the same place as Terminator is where they want to reboot it but not treat it like a Horror flick. They want things to be nice and clean and not dirty, dark, gritty, and nightmarish. You can't make Aliens a pure Sci-Fi transhumanism movie. It's a movie about threats which you can't control. And robots are no match for Alien since robots break down and need expensive maintenance. They are not perfect like the Alien monster. This message needs to be repeated into Ridley Scott's mind. The Alien Xenomorph IS THE STAR of the horror genre. It isn't a background creature. It's the reason we see the movies, not the bloody androids. Humans are not Gods so when they created Androids they made imperfect beings that fell from grace. The Xenomorph is the judgement from God (uppercase G) for trying to play god and use the devil as a tool. The devil doesn't get deceived by man. It's always the devil making you believe you got a good deal out of the bargaining, but in reality the devil is using your pride as the weakness necessary for him to to get what he wants from man (total destruction of humans) and the Xenomorph is his trojan horse gift to power-seeking mad scientists who think they can contain his creation. And God lets the devil have his way because man isn't listening to his warnings and gave us a free will, so the bad guys get what they deserved.

If you liked Promethues I would recommend you go and see it, but if you like horror flicks where the monsters are disgusting and dirty creatures that you are afriad to touch, and repulse you then this will not scare the shit out of you. It's a science fiction movie about the xenomorph origins. So it will give you what you want, but not make you have nightmares like Alien and Aliens because it's just too clean. The Xenomorph is the the star of the movie not Fassbender. (no offense to fans of the actor but the movies need to be promoted as horror flicks set in space not science fiction movies about the xenmorph if you know what I mean..)

To me a scary movie is the original Predator, Aliens, The Thing (john carpenter classic), and the Fly. They all focused on the monster being the attraction for people who want to be scared out of their pants. Modern alien movies feel like they are aiming for general sci-fi fans. Same problem happened with Terminator when robots became the good guys and humans were no longer necessary as the hero. The reason Terminator 1 was scary is because a human isn't perfect like the Cyborg which never sleeps, doesn't have weakness to small arms fire, and can access so much information using its highly intelligent cyber brain. You feel like at any time the humans are doomed and so because the humans are wekaer than the robot, most encounters with it, mean the humans must run away just like running away from scary monster in Jurassic park because the danger is very real and you can't contain the monster. You are always on the edge of your seats. That feeling went away when it transformed into a generic action movie or a sci-fi flick. The horror element was lost and you kinda don't respect the monster anymore for its powers. Go back to making terrifying movies.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

GameHED wrote: there is no slime, no fear to get raped by one
Wouldn't the lack of slime be a reason to fear the rape?
Candy Arse wrote:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The aliens are not aliens. They are made by human-made androids so you can't fear them as aliens now that they are not mysterious like the Muslim Rape gangs in germany.

They should recreate the franchise but this time make them supernatural beings that are influenced by actual demi gods that had them as pets. (too much religious symbolism in the movies now imo.)
At least ET was a real alien. He had the psychic powers levitation etc. If they are going to make kids horror movies, they should add a supernatural element to the Xenomorph. IE that they have some psychic powers to comunicate great distances (mental telepathy) and the indigenous races worshipped them as dragon gods and over many generations these beings got bored and altered their own DNA by cannibalising other aliens races which altered the brains which caused the changes in their bodies over time into some form of undead dragon monster.

The good version of the Xenomorph was more like a angelic creature with 4 wings and then it got cut off, and started to look more insect like as they became more vampiric and parasitic. Then some had flying cockroach look to them like the space lobsters in Macross Frontier. As they got more and more evil, they fed upon each other until finally they came up with a solution: they would merge with humans to prevent extinction and now they are dependent on us for food while we are dependent on them for use in war to prevent other aliens from advancing too quickly and we make a pact to use them as bioweapons while they use us to reproduce as their numbers are declining.

The aliens are neither the good or bad guys, just nature's method of keeping the galaxy clean of overpopulation. Like how flies eat the shit or dead bodies and make use of the dead animals in productive way. This could be a more athiestic twist to the movie franchise. Yes they look evil but they are doing it just to survive not because they like who they are and want to see others suffer. It is only the humans who see them as the "ultimate killing machines" but they are more like waste management guys who are just going to kill beings that weren't going to live forever anyway due to being immoral and bored of life and on the path to killing themselves eventually.

We need a new "James Cameron". Let that new guy reboot it all like the recent Mad Max flick. The twist is we admire and want to be the Alien because we are weak. But the Aliens want to be us because it's a survival instinct to keep reproducing. The result is bastard children and these hate their parents and gentically modify themselves to overcome deficiences of both races. And the third movie is war between all three races and machines are stuck in between. (these are the soldiers as seen in the aliens vs Predator beat em up arcade game.) It's all about the money now and people have come to accept this as horror movies don't make as much money as popcorn flicks. If there are any gods, they live in another dimension and gone onto become beings of pure energy who can be communicated through dreams and that is it. They allow physical beings to forge their own destiny and there is always a few humans that remain hidden and preserve the DNA of pure breds like Noah's Ark. This is like rebooting the matrix when it crashes and humans fuck up; like a backup copy of files if the cloud servers die simultaneously.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

By the way what do you guys think of Mark Hamill's comments about Star Wars Force Awakens?
so fucking funny. The new star wars by disney is never going to be as cool as the past OT SW. Mark should be involved in more video games. Why can't Bethesda get him to play as major character in Star Field. Fuck hollywood. Fuck Disney. Fuck EA (that has license to star wars games)

If nintendo could just remake Rogue Squadron games, the SW franchise would be saved. The future for Star Wars as movies and future games looks grim. Feminists own the IP now so fans are going to have to get used to it in the same way Michael Bay has control over Transformers live action stuff. (ie as long as people keep buying it, they'll keep making it regardless of what critics think because it sells to the zombies)

Maybe the illuminati try to kill him and make it look like an accident like they probably did with Carrie Fischer as CG is taking away the jobs of real actors? Dangerous times for hollywood actors. Star whacking always happens in 3s guys.. Look that shit up.

Lucas had intentions of continuing the story of families. I think it was a mistake to do a rehash of the OT with new characters that are incompetnt:
I think Lucas could probably get away with doing a soap opera in space again under a non-star wars name. Sort of like the guy who wrote the Witcher books and ripped off Michael Moorcock's Elric character, but with enough different things for it to not be a clone. Kind of like how the Mummy movies could be considered a Indiana Jones copy.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

I think it was just the right balance of humour, action, and drama. Liked it about as much as the first movie. Was it just me or was Howard the Duck in the movie?

tonight I will see Wonder Woman.

Angry Joe likes it and so far hasn't let me down. most of his reviews I tend to agree with. (he's big DC fanboy though which is his only weakness. DC totally destroying marvel in the comics scene right now thanks in part to disney using SJWs to control all the comics. Disney destroys star wars, destroys marvel comics, but thank god the marvel movies are good! hehe )
With all the amazing comic movies coming out right now I often wonder what a live action Street Fighter movie would be like if the fights were as good as the stuff in current comic book movies right now? (ie giving ryu and ken super hero fight physics for action and fighting scenes?) It's time to try again and give Street Fighter or Darkstalkers movie in live action another chance. Fuck rebooting Resident Evil. There are enough of them. A hyper violent Zack Snyder Street Fighter movie with blood and guts and gore in slow motion with actual character deaths in brutal one to one fights would rock. (base it on the SFII manga but with more "fist of the North Star" style finisher moves. (tell capcom it's not for kids and must be R rated flick or no movie. 300 was not a kiddy movie, watchmen was not a kiddy movie. SF should not be a kiddy movie.)
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Rakka holy shit its good, watch it here.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Wow, that's awesome!
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Yep, just watched rakka on steam. Thouroughly enjoyed. Reminds me of terminator, predator, district 9, alien, robocop etc. This is the tone that is missing in action movies today. Depth within shallow; if it was shit, it didn't harp on for too long and waste your time with unnecessary elements. Compared to the opposite approach of something like say, the dark knight, pirates of the carribean or iron man; which seem like they are going to end about 3 times, go at least 60 mins longer than they should, have contrived and forced "depth" and are overall boring pieces of crap with pacing problems.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Ohhh it was Blomkamp! No wonder it was awesome - he really does make the best shorts.

It was like he watched Falling Skies and thought "hmmm I could do MUCH better"