Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Movies you've seen lately.

Post by Cletus »

Ok so I've watched it. Just reading through the comments and I completely agree, the movie was boring, the story made little to no sense, and I pretty much hated it.

I was fine with having a few mysteries to be answered following on from TFA...but nothing.

What a shitcunt Phasma turned out to be. So much for that strong badass female character everyone was phatting up over two years ago. In both movies she's just pissweak.

The "comedy" didn't work (mostly).

Carrie Fisher sounded like she'd actually swallowed Caitlyn Jenner or the Joker. Was she always that bad of an actor? I think she probably was. That flying through space scene was actually embarrassing. I think she actually died on purpose now. She saw how it was going to turn out and checked out.

Too bad if you thought Snoke held some importance.

I'm gobsmacked at how bad this movie was. I think it might be as incoherent as the Star Wars Christmas special. Certainly as annoying.

Shitbinned with the Prequels.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Don't be bad mouthing the Xmas special with Chewies family.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cletus wrote: That flying through space scene was actually embarrassing. I think she actually died on purpose now. She saw how it was going to turn out and checked out.
I had this exact conversation with my other half after we saw the movie, I put it forward that she saw the first few cuts of the film and didn't want to live anymore.

The flying space Leia is now, by far, the worst shit in any Star Wars movie.

Give me Jar Jar any day of the week.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

meesa knowachu mean
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Whether you liked the prequels or not (and I'm happy go admit I do), George Lucas had a vision and he followed through with it.
This sequel trilogy so far just feels like fan service by throwing in all your fav characters to get you to remember the OG and forget the prequels. But you put great characters in shit films and make them do stuff totally against what we know, you get these films. Killing Han did NOTHING to change Kylo Ren. I mean he couldn't kill his mum ffs! Why not? Why only his dad? You wanna know why? Cause Harrison Ford wanted out! Simple as that. So they made his son kill him. Didn't make me hate Ren any more or any less as he is not a great character.
Argh this is so infuriating! I know how you all felt now with the prequels. It's just taken me a little longer and a few movies later to see it!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Episode 3 is 100x better than 7 and 8.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Phasma got the Bobba Fett treatment, awesome badass looking character, died so easily.

When Leia was killed I turned to my mate and said "well I guess thats how they killed off her character", and thought thats a brutal way of killer her......but then Mary Poppins
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That was unquestionably the shark being jumped.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Vince wrote:Whether you liked the prequels or not (and I'm happy go admit I do), George Lucas had a vision and he followed through with it.
This sequel trilogy so far just feels like fan service by throwing in all your fav characters to get you to remember the OG and forget the prequels. But you put great characters in shit films and make them do stuff totally against what we know, you get these films. Killing Han did NOTHING to change Kylo Ren. I mean he couldn't kill his mum ffs! Why not? Why only his dad? You wanna know why? Cause Harrison Ford wanted out! Simple as that. So they made his son kill him. Didn't make me hate Ren any more or any less as he is not a great character.
Argh this is so infuriating! I know how you all felt now with the prequels. It's just taken me a little longer and a few movies later to see it!

The neckbeard community needs to accept that whatever lore they liked from the OT universe they liked needs to be preserved so future aspiring writers can give us new material after Lucas dies and Disney sells off SW in future. Make new Jedi temples where you can sip coffee as you watch holographic wiki files explaining the universe to students wanting lessons about OT history. Prequel trilogy fans should do the same. Burning the history books is what the new writers want to do because traditional SW equals bad. Male authority equals toxic masculinity. Lol
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Well you guys just saved me a ticket, fuck you Disney.

Funny how paid off reviewers are on this one, the user scores are pretty bad right now.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep it's no different to Nintendo games.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Yep it's no different to Nintendo games.
Nintendo games are actually great for the most part. Over rated by reviewers- yes. But this movie amazes me how reviewers are overlooking so many obvious guffaws. Ive read and seen some reviews and tgey are glowing about this film! Some are saying it's the best just behind Empire Strikes Back! Seriously, these reviewers are either being paid or are fucking retards...
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Candy's comment is spot on because the feeling that you're having with Star Wars and its reviews is exactly the feeling I have when I read reviews of Nintendo games after playing them.

You're still on the other side of the fence when it comes to Nintendo games, but this might help you understand the bewilderment of other people regarding Nintendo; the feeling that the whole world has gone mad or at least are getting too much of their enjoyment from a spillover of nostalgia and not enough from the present offerings in front of them.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yes Nintendo games are indeed great for the most part, but they're hideously overrated for the most part too. See the BoTW reviews as the best example. There is no way on earth that game is a legitimate 9.7/10 average.

Nothing Nintendo does is in the realm of hot garbage like Last Jedi is...but the reception is indeed bewildering.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I think there might also be a phenomenon amongst products with a rabid fanbase, like Nintendo, Star Wars, and Apple, that "impartial" websites give the product for review to their biggest fanboy on staff, because they don't want to deal with the abuse that comes after a negative review.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I watched Donnie Darko for the very first time last night at the recommendation of friends.
I was absolutely fucking blown away. What an amazing film. 9/10.
Goes in the 9/10 oddball films I love pile with Bad Boy Bubby, Barfly and Naked.

As for Star Wars, I only ever like Empire (8/10). New Hope (6/10) and Jedi (6/10) have their moments, but I wouldn't waste my time with any of this new shit.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Donnie Darko, I fucking love that movie. CHUT UP!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Check out @IndieWire’s Tweet: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess these are the sort of fools who are given TLJ the high reviews. Obviously has never seen a Star Wars movie before
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That sort of shit is fucking retarded. Leia was one of the first female characters I can remember growing up who was a strong female and didn't take a back seat to the boys.

Fucking SJW clowns. Get off my lawn!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

hahahaha that tweet got appropriately torched in around 10,000 of the subsequent comments :lol:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Those fucking softcocks at resetera are going into meltdown trying to defend this film, even going as far as using harsh criticism against the OT! God bless those sensitive assholes in their echo chamber!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:I watched Donnie Darko for the very first time last night at the recommendation of friends.
I was absolutely fucking blown away. What an amazing film. 9/10.
Goes in the 9/10 oddball films I love pile with Bad Boy Bubby, Barfly and Naked.
I saw the Darko sequel before I saw Donnie Darko and preferred that out of the two. Plus I was tripping balls so that might've helped.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I had to watch the film again today (we took our class for their break up) and while it didn't hurt as much as it did the first time, I still think it has major issues.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Wow...restera is a fun thread. I'm pretty sure they're going to ban me.

EDIT - yep banned until the 22nd
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Is your post still there or was it edited?