Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Movies you've seen lately.

Post by t0mby »

Wasn't the first Spawn movie shit? It certainly looked shit.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Yep it was shit, but a PG13 spawn movie was never going to work
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, Deadpool was fucking fantastic. 9 hot Gina Carano's out of 10
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Wait, what? A new Predator movie? Nothing can top the first not just because Arnie was in it but because it was new and full of surprises. I don't think any sequel or spin off has come close to that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Considering one of the original writers of Predator, Shane Black is the man behind the new one, is a huge bonus
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Did he write the original? I know he was in it but had no idea he was on of the writers. Didn't he have a hand in Predators as well?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Guaranteed it'll suck. Predator is the Sonic of movie series'.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Speaking of guaranteed to suck:
:emo:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Straight to DVD! Not even Blu Ray!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'd say they still say straight to dvd in the US as I doubt bluray uptake is that great over there. Giant population with most on super low incomes and whatnot.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Fucken yes. Always wanted to see Aliens on the big screen, no idea why I missed it first time around back in '86. Will definitely go see this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Can't seem to rotate it, keeps appearing as landscape. If you click the image it loads the portrait way for easier reading.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

thanks for telling me that AFTER I got a crick in my neck!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Lies. No one had looked at the image when I posted that fix. If you haven't learnt to scroll to the end of a thread yet then there's not much we can do for you now.

However, have some ice cream to sooth your neck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Saw The Big Short

3 out of 4 stars. It doesn't reveal anything we didn't know.

SpotLight

4 out of 4 The Catholics need to watch this movie.

Deadpool

3 out 4 way too much gay humour in it. But otherwise funny. Xavier should help him. Maybe hypnotise him into thinking he is handsome and then give him the money for surgery to rebuild his face. I think the ending shows how shallow people can be for caring so much about looking like shit. If you look like shit make that part of your gimmick. There are people who are disabled that can't walk. Dead Pool actually has nothing to whine about since he is stronger now and the audience has a hard time caring that he had to suffer a bit. You got the healing factor of wolverine so really what's to be pissed about? You could cut your dick off eat it for food during an economic crisis if you are starving, and grow it back again. You literally are immortal motherfucker. You could feed thousands of starving africans by selling partof your limbs and preventing world hunger. But you choose to steal spiderman's look and colours and wield guns like the punisher instead of being a good guy...
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Lol, eat a dick. Must be a Lizardman thing.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Room

This isn't Tommy Wiseau's "The Room".

A mother and child live in a room. We meet them when Jack is turning five. I'm not sure what to say about the story. Whatever I say will probably give away too much. Just watch it, I guess. It's a difficult movie to watch, but for the all the right reasons.

8 egg shells out of 10.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

John Wick

This started out promising, thought it was going to he like Jack Reacher, it certainly had the build up but somewhere towards the end I started losing intetest. It has it's moments though and Keanu Reeves proves he can do action yet again.

7 bashed puppies out of 10
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Enemies Closer
A Van Damme movie from 2013.
Was in the mood for some Van Dammage and found this in my library, thought i'd give it a go and was surprised how good it was. The premise of the protagonist situation was intriguing, Orlando Jones gives a good performance, and some of JCVD's lines got a laugh out of me. Interesting sign of the times how all the fights are now centered around take downs and choke holds these days, no more flashy slow motion jump kicks.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

t0mby wrote:John Wick

This started out promising, thought it was going to he like Jack Reacher, it certainly had the build up but somewhere towards the end I started losing intetest. It has it's moments though and Keanu Reeves proves he can do action yet again.

7 bashed puppies out of 10
I actually started watching this movie through the head rests on a flight to Vietnam. Saw there was a Beagle in it and squeed my pants. Then saw what happened and then got completely upset and couldn't watch it anymore. Was actually really surprised by my reaction but since I own a Beagle and a Beaglier.. yeah it was pretty fucked up.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

F for Fake wrote:Enemies Closer
A Van Damme movie from 2013.
Was in the mood for some Van Dammage and found this in my library, thought i'd give it a go and was surprised how good it was. The premise of the protagonist situation was intriguing, Orlando Jones gives a good performance, and some of JCVD's lines got a laugh out of me. Interesting sign of the times how all the fights are now centered around take downs and choke holds these days, no more flashy slow motion jump kicks.
But did he do the splits? Reow!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Batman v Superman - SPOILERS

Movie started really well. Actually the first half was in reasonable order. Loved the imagery throughout. I really dig the darkness many criticise the movie for. Ben Affleck is an excellent Batman and Bruce Wayne. The second half maintained its outstanding imagery but this theatrical cut crams too much into too short a space. I liked the movie however hated the ending. Superman is barely back and he's offed already? Yeah he'll be back but it's still way too much given it's only his second bloody movie. Not that it's a Superman movie. Superman is relegated to barely a bit part here.

A lot of weirdness. Very rushed (Batman emailing Wonder Woman clips of all the upcoming characters in order?). Taking two enormous and famous comic stories (The Dark Knight Returns, Death of Superman) and cramming them side by side. A lot of superheroes killing people. Fine for the Watchmen but Superman and Batman? I still liked it.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Slightly late to the party on both these films- Creed and The Visit.

Really enjoyed Creed. Exceptional acting. Well developed story. Amazing boxing scenes. If I'd seen it in 2015 it would've been my 2015 movie of the year. And how the fuck did Sly not nab the Oscar for this?

The Visit was a pretty good little horror/thriller. Nice bits of comedy thrown in as well. Didn't really need to be "found footage" type film but I guess it sort of served its purpose in the story (and gave a few jump scares)! Nice M Night twist as well. A great return to form. Well worth a Saturday night watch with the lights off!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Saw BvS again. I really enjoy it and I think it will make rewatching MoS enjoyable... craziness. It's as if you can only watch MoS if you have a clearer understanding of Snyder's DCU.

Best thing about watching the film again and nit needing to concentrate as much on some scenes is getting to concentrate on the soundtrack. Holy crap it is masterful. Clear themes that you remember.

I like it and it does get me hype for all the other films. Bring on the dark elseworlds DCU.