Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

My Super Ex girlfriend.

Not too bad actually.It's no timeless classic...you'll forget it three minutes after it's finished but at least it isn't too corney.Superhero sex is dealt with.

7 Mystery Men LITEs out of 10.

You me and Dupree

Owen Wilson plays Owen Wilson again and it's acceptable.Nothing you haven't seen before and done by Wilson before but its ok.

7 caught wanking in the loungerooms out of 10.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

You liked Hookwinked Grey? I've been holding back but I really really really hate your taste in movies. Your opinion is wrong.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

What was wrong with Hoodwinked? It was enjoyable, a lot of referential jokes aimed at an older audience. I couldn't see any issues.

Why am I wrong?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Cletus wrote:You me and Dupree

Owen Wilson plays Owen Wilson again and it's acceptable.Nothing you haven't seen before and done by Wilson before but its ok.

7 caught wanking in the loungerooms out of 10.
:lol: :lol:

I wouldn't have been this kind on it - it's too long, it's not funny and the story is laughable at best. It's not bad but it's so bland that it becomes offensive.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

New TMNT movie posters

It is odd that they have gone back to the incorrect spelling of Mikey's name. They decided to use the traditional spelling in the foxbox series, and have now gone back to how it was spelt in the comics and original cartoon series.

Grimey

Post by Grimey »

I like how everyone but michealangelo are trying to be "dark and brooding"

Also Hellboy2 will start filming next year
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

aren't Ubi doing a TMNT game based on this film?

watched my favourite film of ALL TIME last night....Natural Born Killers :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Details on the game and a video with some guy talking about it here.

The WIP stuff looks pretty good so far.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

V for Vendetta is out on dvd finally. I picked up the 2 disc tin today and it looks awesome. Have to run to work now but might give impressions of the extras later in the week. Great movie :up:

Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Well it seems the HALO movie finally has a director by the name of Neill Blomkamp. He's never made a feature film before which is a bit of a risk, but if you remember that awesome transforming/dancing citroen commercial, he did that.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I just saw an ad for a movie I guarantee never to see ever.

Snakes on a Plane
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Get fucked Snakes on a Plane will be GREAT
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

What why!? That's gonna be movie of the year.

I actualy beleive it will be one of the best movies ever.. If not for how good it is, then just the antics of its stars leading upto the release.

The whole name/logo announcement followed by various information and teasers, then when they tried to change the name and make it serious Samuel L forced them to change it back and keep the film going the way it was.. And his stunt at the MTV movie awards was classic.

SOAP(Snakes on a plane) will be the movie to see this year, have faith!
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

I just saw Footy Legends tonight, I thought it was fantastic. :up:
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24139

Interview with Neill Bomklamp, the HALO director! My mind has been put at ease for the moment. :)
Quint: First and foremost, are you a fan of the games?
Neill Blomkamp: From a purely game playing perspective I am a massive fan of the games, but more importantly, i'm a massive fan of the world and universe of Halo, the science fiction world that the games take place inside of.
Quint: Which do you prefer, HALO or HALO 2?
Neill Blomkamp: From a playing perspective I like both. But from a conceptual and story perspective I prefer Halo 1.
Quint: You've worked in special effects before and have done many short films, commercials and videos. Did you do shorts like ALIVE IN JOBURG specifically to break into features with something like HALO?
Neill Blomkamp: No, I mean I’ve always wanted to eventually get into directing features, and it’s certainly where I want to be, but there was never a path or a specific plan to do that. Those pieces in a weird way I made for myself, it was just a learning process.
I have to be doing something creative all the time, I like just rolling up my sleeves and just making stuff, for the sake of learning, or experimenting, or messing around, shorts can be better than pretty much anything for that. Commercials I was beginning to find uncreative because your end goal is to sell a product, and music videos are really great, but you can't really have dialogue, so I just defaulted to making my own pieces on the side of doing commercials, and ironically they seem better known then all the commercials, except that one for Adidas which was basically a short.
Quint: Are you nervous about tackling a movie as big as HALO as your first feature?
Neill Blomkamp: No, I’m not. I certainly respect how complex it is, and how much focus is required. There will be some very hard times, with tons of pressure but you work through it. I am so invested in it from a creative standpoint that my eye just stays on the end goal, I keep focused on making it exactly how I want it and treat every day as a path to that final product, plus the support from the New Zealand team is really amazing, its not like i’m out in the woods alone, they’ve done this back to back for like 10 years.
Quint: What's your approach to the film? How do you plan on being faithful to the game while giving the audience something new?
Neill Blomkamp: I think you can be faithful to the game and just begin to layer things that have not yet been seen, over the fabric of what exists. You don’t want people who know the game to see the film and not have anything that isn’t new.
Quint: How has working with Weta and Peter Jackson been?
Neill Blomkamp: Working with Weta is amazing. Just such a creative group under one roof, it feels really good for me to able to collaborate with all of them, see the designs start finding their way into reality. Very rewarding, in a way I feel like I’ve found my home, all these people interested in the same stuff.
Peter is really great, a vault of knowledge, not only from a creative perspective, but also on a technical and logistical one.
Learning as much as I can about how to streamline this process and make everything be more efficient, its good to just throw things his way and see how he has already dealt with whatever it is, 100 times before.
Quint: How faithful do you plan on staying to the design of Master Chief's armor?

Neill Blomkamp: Master Chief is certainly something that I do not want to change too much at all, there are certain things inside the Halo universe that are sacred and he’s the main one.
Having said that, there is a need to revise certain parts of him, just from a purely technical standpoint, he has to actually be able to move, like a human, and the game design right now does not allow for full motion freedom, which we will have to achieve.
Quint: Guy in a suit? CGI creation? Mixture of both?
Neill Blomkamp: Well, the film has to have a feeling of reality, and so that means that I want to keep him real as much as I can, there is a necessity for him to become cg in sequences where a guy in a suit would just not work, but for the most part I am aiming for real.
Quint: Will we see Master Chief's face?
Neill Blomkamp: You’ll have to wait and see.
Quint: As far as Master Chief's voice, will you consider Steve Downes, who voiced the character for the games or will you more than likely go with a bigger name?
Neill Blomkamp: It’s just too early to be able to know anything like that yet.
Quint: What do you feel is most important in bringing the Covenant to life?
Neill Blomkamp: Well, the most important thing is that viewer thinks they are looking at something that lives and breathes, and exists, so from an organic standpoint they have to be believable, they also need to be terrifying, and alien, and the best way to start doing that is to break that human silhouette, although many of them are bipedal anatomically, you can still shift the overall body to be something very alien, their motion must be alien too, the audience has to get a kick out of how real and menacing these things are, and how believable they are too.
Quint: Will any of the aliens be done practically?
Neill Blomkamp: Right now there is one of them that might very well end up being all practical.
Quint: How about The Flood? What's your take on The Flood? That aspect has always been my favorite of the games.

Neill Blomkamp: I absolutely love the flood, more importantly I love infected humans and covenant, so that will absolutely have its place in the film. Halo is a perfect project for me, because it contains so many different things that fascinate me, one of which is the idea of biological evolution, and the flood is essentially a virus, it is a near perfect organism in terms of how resilient it is against natural threats, this feeling of evolution and why organisms evolve a certain way ties into the covenant and even the humans. And then of course on a pure thrill ride basis having the audience run into the flood in a narrow dark hallway is awesome.
Quint: I know this is very early, but will any of Marty O'Donnell's score from the game make it over to the film? Is he a contender to compose the score for the movie?
Neill Blomkamp: It’s just way too early for any decisions like that
Quint: Are you planning any location shooting or will you be doing mostly green screen work?
Neill Blomkamp: I’m in the process now of sorting through all of our options, figuring all of that out, in the end the method is irrelevant as long as the audience is transported completely believably to where we need to put them, and so that’s the goal that everything needs to revolve around.
Quint: What's the overall tone you want to strike with the movie? Escapist, big budget action fun? Gritty, realistic future war? Neither? Both?
Neill Blomkamp: Well, I don’t want to give away exactly how I want to be, but, big budget action can certainly look very similar to 100 other films which are big budget action, so my goal is to make something that is honestly unique and a radical departure from stuff we are used to.
I’ve been given the resources and the source material to make something awesome, so I have to really invest myself 100% in a film that I love every frame of, and for me to love every frame means it has to have something that sets it apart.
Fans of the game should love this film, people who don’t know the game should be transported to a place that blows them away for two hours.

And that's what I got with the man. Like I said in the intro, he says all the right things and the word I'm hearing from my studio plants is that more than any other previous person attached to the project, Neill gets it. I hope they're right. The proof is in the pudding as they say, but any fears I would have with the guy are put on hold for the moment. Lots of giant steps in the future for him... casting, creative team (cinematographer, composer) and, of course, shooting the thing. He has the right attitude and a few aces up his sleeve already with the support of Weta Workshop, Weta Digital and Peter Jackson. He's either going to emerge from this with a great movie and become a new giant name in the business or he's going to end his career with one faulty film. I don't see too much gray area.
As a fan of the game, I want him to succeed... I just want my badass HALO movie... and I wish him the best of luck with it.
-Quint
Last edited by Scullibundo on 11 Aug 2006 09:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

check out his short film here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 2812358837
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

I saw Brick tonight. Believe me, go and see this one. It's the sort of movie that you will want to tell your friends that you saw in the cinema before it got popular.

Think of film noir set in high school with writing as tight as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's lingo can be akin to an old detective movie at times, but you don't need to get every word to follow it.

8 bricks out of 10 (cos the ninth is gone)
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Hey I had never looked into this movie. It looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up amba, i'll check it out this week. :up:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The 40 Year Old Virgin.

:lol: :up: Played by the same actor who is the boss in the u.s version of The Office.Very funny moments.I really liked it.

8 waxed nipples out of ten.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

picked up kiss kiss bang bang for $13 at kmart...bargain!! :up:
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Saw the Sentinal tonight. Not enough Jack Bauer for my liking but it was still enjoyable.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Went and saw Brick tonight. Great noir styling and it was great to see they had fun with the high school setting. Very well directed and some very witty and hammy dialogue. :up:

7.5 pole-dives out of 10
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

The final HAWT one-sheet for The Prestige! Can't wait for this one.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Miami Vice.

I am a veteran of the original series and a Michael Mann fanboy. What I wanted from the latest incarnation of Miami Vice was massive style (over substance if need be) and a gun fight to match the one we experienced c/- Heat. I left the cinema very satisfied. Plot was vague at times but who cares man. Magnificent looking production. You should not hesitate to pay good money to see this film.

9 50 caliber armour-piercing sniper rifles out of 10
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

Movie remakes that shouldn't be done, part #857:

Back to School, starring Cedric the Entertainer.

Currently in production: http://imdb.com/title/tt0407555/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please don't dececrate the grave of Saint Rodney. Please.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]