Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Re: Movies you've seen lately.

Post by stanard »

The recent Honest Trailers for Ghostbusters II is spot on.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

I think people saying that it's not so bad got my hopes up a little. Chris Hemsworth is the only reason to see this. He was hilarious.

It was edited really badly which just left me with the feeling I'd missed out on seeing a whole lot. Especially since they put some of that in the end credits. If it flowed a bit better it would have been pretty good.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Hercy wrote:The Metacritic score is only 7% behind the original movie and it's above Ghostbusters II. Hardly a terrible movie.
Probably a different generation of viewers though. I remember in the 80s when there were remakes/reimagining of older movies coming out and my dad criticised the film industry for lack of innovation. 30 years later and we are in a similar situation only now we are our dad's but complaining about remakes such as Total Recall, Ghostbusters, Red Dawn etc etc.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

The reboot of “Ghostbusters” starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig as its namesake paranormal-activity investigators opened in second place to an estimated $46 million in the U.S. and Canada this weekend
ouch!!

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Sony wants to do a sequel. No comedy has some crazy stupid opening weekend. This will easily make it's target of $500,000 and will probably be Feig's (Fieg??) highest grossing film.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Even with Gamehed blocked you still know what he's ranting about.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Another thread ruined by GameHED
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GameHED wrote:
Angry Videogame Nerd needs to download a pirated copy of this from candy arse and review it

I'll admit, this made me laugh.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I wonder what he's referring to? I just saw the walls of text and assumed it to be the usual psycho babble.

Been ages since I've pirated any movies, might get back into it this weekend sounds like I could make some money torrenting it to others...
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I just saw Ghostbusters.

It wasn't awful. In fact, it was nowhere near as bad as the trailers led me to expect.
I laughed in places, and I even got sucked in by the first jump scare. In its own right, it's a pretty decent film, but they should have worked harder to put the cameos in better places. Especially Sigourney Weaver.

Chris Hemsworth was fucking great.

I give it a 7/10
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I did not expect this...
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

IMDB reckons it is crap.

first user review:

1 out of 10 stars
This movie made me so sad.
11 July 2016 | by Girlycard L (United States) – See all my reviews

Now, keep in mind that I'm going to try to make this as least-hostile as possible. But when a movie is this hypocritical, bigoted, and ignorant, there is nothing good that can be said about it. Except for the people who were literally bribed into writing positive reviews.

1: This movie was stolen. Everything in this movie was stolen from the first two. All they did was literally take the first movie, and remove the action parts and the horror parts.

2: The sexism. This movie is probably the most sexist movie since Doomsday Machine. They replaced the entire main cast with only women to appeal to the radical Feminists. When your ideology discriminates against who you can cast in a role, that is called Fascism, and it's not a good thing.

3: The bland lobotomized token male. Pretty much the only main character who was a man was turned into a stereotype. He was useless, annoying, fake, had an IQ below sea-level, and was clearly trying to pretend to be Brad Pitt, but with none of the acting talent. He also only got hired because of his looks.

4: The racism. The only black character was turned into a loud, annoying, street-smart stereotype.

5: The CGI. It was terrible, and very cartoon-like. "Daffy Duck: The Early Years"

6: The acting. Not one single main character in the movie could act. Not one. It looked like a grade- school drama club.

7: The "comedy". Every single joke fell flat. I didn't laugh once at anything they said. Many of the jokes were sexist, too. The trailer is a perfect summary of the movie. Every single joke was dumbed-down because Paul Feig has no respect for his audience.

8: The entitlement. The cast and director have been throwing a hissy fit ever since people saw what garbage the first trailer was. They have been trying to claim that people who don't like the movie are sexists. No, no, no, no, and NO. People who think they are entitled to success because of their gender are sexist. The cast of this movie is sexist. The director of this movie is sexist. The people who hate this movie are NOT sexist.

9: So boring. This movie didn't take any chances, and didn't expand the Ghostbusters universe in any way.

10: The product placement. It was everywhere. There might not have been a single scene where they weren't advertising something in the background. It made me long for the days of Foodfight!

In conclusion, nobody should every give their money to these lazy fatcats again. I for one am never buying another Sony product in my life. And if you pay to see this movie, you are a bad person.
984 of 1,817 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
see all user reviews here
Please just take the dead actor and make CG model of the actor like they did to Arnie in the last terminator movie and make their mouths move and give them exressions that are almost exactly like the oriignal if you want to make a remake.

In terminator genisys I was convinced they had a 80s clone of Arnold in that time travel scene to the 80s.
Why can't they do that with ghostbusters and make a seqeul as if time had never passed? Arseholes!
We live ina a time where they have holograms of dead musicians at concenrts and shit. No excuse to fuck this up.
Sony need to listen to the fans of th old ghostbuster not feminists and the UN and that bossy bitch from the harry potter series.

First they shit on transformers by making them naked

then created mary sue character who friendzones black people because she is too good for them and has godlike abilities making all the other characters have no reason to exist in the universe in the latest star wars movie

then they destroyed ghostbusters by cutting their dicks off. Little girls don't fucking care about the quality of movies so stop targeting them.

Enough remakes hollywood. Listen to Comicbook girl:
Tell your kids to see conjuring 2 instead. Encourage them to vote with their wallet as it will determine future decisions:
If we say to them "no more crappy remakes" by simply not seeing them, then they will create new movies. Only people who care about the older movies should be given the control over any future movies. Also don't buy the dvds of shit movies either. Even if a movie does bad at theatres they still make money on sales of dvd/bluray which then allows them to continue to make sequels to bad movies from profits of those. Use your youtube channel to warn people not to see the bad stuff if you already saw it and weren't able to be warned in time. This will say to Sony: "I'm serious"
This is how you speak thier language. By withholding $. Not just screaming and whining about it.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I forgot to mention: I did not appreciate the music. Yes, there was hefty use of themes from the original theme song, but it came off sounding like a cheap knockoff each time. I don't need an orchestra blaring chiptunes at me.

At least the Star Trek reboot saved the gala music until the end!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Star Trek Beyond

It wasn't terrible. It wasn't great, and did almost nothing to expand the lore, but it also wasn't awful. A solid action flick, with a few nods to the classic films.

It's just not Star Trek though...
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

the movies never are.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I dunno, Wrath of Khan, Journey Home, and Undiscovered Country were pretty fucking great. First Contact was also pretty good... The rest, not so much.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Jason Bourne. Such a disappointment. Felt like a generic action movie. Not like the other Bourne movies at all.

In the age of shows like Mr Robot it was pretty embarrassing. The first words in the movie were subtitles. 'Use SQL to corrupt their database'. It's like they were sitting around thinking I can't believe no one has thought of this yet! SQL! It was a very clichéd portrayal of hacking. Somewhere between make believe and magic.

Matt Damon and the female lead played the same character or were at least as equally interested.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Suicide Squad................

After seeing some reviews I was worried about seeing it. But gotta say it was a fucken great fun film. The 2 Aussie actors stole the show, Leto's Joker sucked and I can't stand Smith but he was alright in this. Have yet to see Batman Vs Superman I guess there is some cross over with the two films and a major spoiler I think, so maybe watch that first before seeing this.

8 cheeky hot pants out of 10.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

GreyWizzard wrote:Sony wants to do a sequel. No comedy has some crazy stupid opening weekend. This will easily make it's target of $500,000 and will probably be Feig's (Fieg??) highest grossing film.
It's official now, the movie can be considered a flop.
But I think there probably WILL be a sequel since it made its money back despite the chinese market being unable to help it. (there is also sales of movie on bluray/dvd to factor in as well)

Don't trust rotten tomatoes. So much manipulation going on there. 57% for Jason Bourne which gets a rotten. 59% for Ghostbusters which gets fresh?
And look at the massive difference in opinion of Suicide Squad between the critics (giving it low rating) and the viewers who liked it.
Word of mouth is the true marketing for good movies these days.

I mean, how many of the people out there are just too scared to say anything bad about the pro-feminist movie for fear of being labelled a misogynist and having viewers unsubscribe to thier channel (less subs = less money) based on rumous and false accusation by these corpoations? It's like peer pressure is causing people to HAVE to like it so they won't be personally attacked by sony and have their own family harassed like what happened to Angy Videogame Nerd who didn't even attack the movie for having an all-female cast. (he simply refused to review it) But nooo they still had to make an example out of him by going for soft target. The pc bully just couldn't resist. Thankfully it backfired on them. Lesson 1 to SJW/feminist Don't fuck with the game community. Attacking one of us is like attacking ALL of us.

Angry Videogame Nerd reviews Ghostbusters animated tv series instead :up:
Maybe they can save the franchise by doing direct to video movie sequels to the 80s cartoon? Kind of like american equivalent to an anime OVA series? (aimed at fans of the original)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Suicide Squad

Enjoyable film with little wrong with it. Will Smith is fantastic. Leto isn't a great Joker, he has a good laugh but that's about it. He really is just some kind of gang lord.

Critics can fuck off.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I was sick at home Wed-Fri so finally got around to watching Mad Max Fury Road.

Brilliant movie. Loved it :up:

10 Lovely Days out of 10
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Saw Doctor Strange. 4 out of 5

It lives up to the trailer hype.

It's roughly the same level as Iron Man 1 imo. Weak super villain battle. But the FX make it worth it.

Every time I see magic battles with flashy lights, I feel like eating jelly beans and jubes.

See this movie. Marvel/Capcom fighting games > DC/Mortal Kombat games unless its a batman game or nolan movie.

So glad they added him in MvC3.

some nice easter eggs in the movie:
Don't forget to stay around until all the credits scroll to see all the extra bits as they always do with every marvel movie.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Mavy wrote:I think people saying that it's not so bad got my hopes up a little. Chris Hemsworth is the only reason to see this. He was hilarious.

It was edited really badly which just left me with the feeling I'd missed out on seeing a whole lot. Especially since they put some of that in the end credits. If it flowed a bit better it would have been pretty good.
There's an extended edition out now from the usual sources. It's way better, and has more of Hemsworth being hilarious.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Hacksaw Ridge 5 out of 5

Saw it on the weekend. This is a war movie on the level of Saving Private Ryan and BraveHeart in terms of showing the brutality of war so if you don't like gore, go play call of duty 2 you pussy.
And it is based on a true story. Mel Gibson needs an award for this.
I think he should direct the third conan movie. I'm sick of the jews who own Hollyood (they already admitted it ok? so don't call me antisemitic - the occultists who want them dead is the reason they are being targeted and its punishment for being materialistic which is idol worship) making every serious male movie about gays and feminists. Cut it the fuck out please. You are not going to take over gaming and male spaces you fat lesbians.

Angry Joe Review:
spoiler
One of the scenes that stuck out for me is when the japanese are searching and he buries the wounded guy in the sand. This reminded me of that guy in platoon who pretended to be dead. I think that if he didn't want to kill they could at least give him non-lethal stuff to use like dart weapon to cause sleep which at least lets him fight like Batman if the situation arises where combat is necessary. Jesus was not anti-self defence. It's just that the focus on physical fighting is a waste of time as the true enemy is spiritual one who uses lies to deceive men which leads to death. The bad guys work on BOTH sides unaware they are being deceived just like the Republic's clone troops vs the Trade Federation Droid army in Star Wars prequel trilogy. Each side is unaware it is being used to kill each other to serve the evil priests who use the magick of mind control/brainwashing to manipulate men to do their will.
We got to prevent fires so we can save life before wars actually begin. Then we can stop relying on John Rambo from having to go on unecessary rescue missions to save christians when he should be using his talents playing Splatoon with Snake Plissken and GoldenEye with James Bond and settling disputes electronically.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

There was an awesome comedy I watched last night. I dunno what it was called but America had to choose between a poisonous cunt and Donald Trump for president and they still chose Donald Trump. Hilarious stuff.